Hossa hurt in first game with Pens

SC Devs Fan

Hossa hurt in first game with Pens

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/hock...n.ap/index.html

Penguins forward Marian Hossa, acquired at the trade deadline from the Atlanta Thrashers, injured his knee in his first game for Pittsburgh and sat out the third period of the game against the Boston Bruins.

Might be in OOT thread, I'm too lazy to look

It is in the OOT scoreboard. This is a big loss already for the Penguins. That trade was a bad one IMO and I do hope the Penguins trade turns into a bust. Should have never traded away Christensen, Armstrong, Esposito and that #1 pick. lemieux must be sick to his stomach.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230837&hubname=nhl

Short Debut

Marian Hossa's first game as a Pittsburgh Penguin ended pre-maturely as the Slovakian sniper left after suffering a grade 1 strain of his MCL.

It is in the OOT scoreboard. This is a big loss already for the Penguins. That trade was a bad one IMO and I do hope the Penguins trade turns into a bust. Should have never traded away Christensen, Armstrong, Esposito and that #1 pick. lemieux must be sick to his stomach.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230837&hubname=nhl

How severe is that? How long would somebody be out with that?

Its not that bad.

Grade I MCL Tear

This is an incomplete tear of the MCL. The tendon is still in continuity, and the symptoms are usually minimal. Patients usually complain of pain with pressure on the MCL, and may be able to return to their sport very quickly. Most athletes miss 1-2 weeks of play.

they probably screwed up the pens chemistry getting rid of armstrong and christensen.

bad trade imo...especially for a rental player.

I think the Pens are overconfident coming into tonight's game and the Bruins are mentally prepared for tonight's big showdown and they fight hard. The Pens, meanwhile, are sluggish and keeping losing puck battles.

It all depends on chemistry. The one thing this does is slow down the Pens' chance to gel sooner for the stretch run which is huge for them since Hossa is probably a rental and might not be back there next year. If he's out for a longer period of time than 1-2 weeks, he'll finally come back and they have to redo their lines again and they don't have as long to get used to that. It's coming down to the wire now.

I don't think it impacts the offense in the interim (while he's out) as they've been playing o.k., it could possibly impact it WHEN he comes back. Or, he could fit in the way Brad Richards did with Dallas immediately.

Their offense certainly ran into a brick wall tonight.

Id like to know why everyone i pick up in my pool gets injured..ARGHHHH