Brodeur goes over the hill

SC Devs Fan

I cannot see them playing Brodeur on Sunday if it is a meaningless game. Home or not, I know SatansDevils will disagree, which is ok, but I cant see them playing Brodeur in a meaningless game, especially if they are locked to play the Rangers in the first round (which I know is not Definite yet). It just does not make sense. Stats or not. :noclue:

Brodeur WILL play on Sunday.

Not suprised because it has been already announced that he was going to play the last two games of the season so it will be 41-games in a row which is a half a season.

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

I cannot see them playing Brodeur on Sunday if it is a meaningless game. Home or not, I know SatansDevils will disagree, which is ok, but I cant see them playing Brodeur in a meaningless game, especially if they are locked to play the Rangers in the first round (which I know is not Definite yet). It just does not make sense. Stats or not. :noclue:

Your right I do disagree and they already said that Brodeur will play the last two games.

I am sure Brodeur wants to win this game over the NYR and to play all the games at home in the 1st year of the new arena. This game has meaning for Brodeur for sure. Plus it would be a good confidence boost if the Devils play the NYR in the 1st round. Don't worry we all will see Weekes next season play.

Your right I do disagree and they already said that Brodeur will play the last two games.

I am sure Brodeur wants to win this game over the NYR and to play all the games at home in the 1st year of the new arena. This game has meaning for Brodeur for sure. Plus it would be a good confidence boost if the Devils play the NYR in the 1st round. Don't worry we all will see Weekes next season play.

Well they also said Nabokov wasn't going to play against the Kings last night and he ended up playing so who knows.

I respect that Martin doesn't like to sit. But if Sutter does start Kevin on Sunday, I hope Martin doesn't use it as an excuse for a letdown in Game 1 of the playoffs.

There is no IF.

Brodeur will play both games. I know it is hard to understand but it was announced already.

Brodeur is ready for the playoffs right now and these last two games is just warming up for him.

What a surprise... But seriously, that makes no sense. Are you Martys conscience? Martys gonna feel sad if he doesnt play all the home games the first season at the Rock? What is he 5 years old? lol I can see him making a more logical decision and seeing as if it is indeed a meaningless game Id think he'd make the wise decision, take 1 game off, and be ready and well rested for the playoffs.

Well they also said Nabokov wasn't going to play against the Kings last night and he ended up playing so who knows.

Yeah that is true but in this case it is the NYR and Brodeur will play vs. the NYR. he would have to be kidnapped for him not to play this game and the last regular season game at home in the 1st season at the new arena. We will see Weekes next season for sure.

Yeah that is true but in this case it is the NYR and Brodeur will play vs. the NYR. he would have to be kidnapped for him not to play this game and the last regular season game at home in the 1st season at the new arena. We will see Weekes next season for sure.

ehhh I'm not too sure about that. I believe if the devils and the rangers win tonight than Weekes will start sunday because that will mean we clinched the 4th seed and they clinched the 5th seed. If that happens I expect to see Weekes and Valiquette as the starters cause the game would be meaningless.

Edited by Satans Hockey

What a surprise... But seriously, that makes no sense. Are you Martys conscience? Martys gonna feel sad if he doesnt play all the home games the first season at the Rock? What is he 5 years old? lol I can see him making a more logical decision and seeing as if it is indeed a meaningless game Id think he'd make the wise decision, take 1 game off, and be ready and well rested for the playoffs.

One more time here. Don't know how to make it any clearer. Forget about Weekes please.

IT HAS ALREADY BEEN ANNOUNCED THAT BRODEUR WILL PLAY BOTH GAMES FOR THE DEVILS.:)

He will not miss a NYR game if you know Brodeur. It makes a lot of sense when you need to get a win over a team you have not beaten all season (0-4-3). I am sure that bothers Brodeur.

Weeks should play the final game, especially if we are locked into a series with the rags.

Should the unthinkable happen, Weeksie will at least have some ice time against a team I'm sure he'd love to beat.

ehhh I'm not too sure about that. I believe if the devils and the rangers win tonight than Weekes will start sunday because that will mean we clinched the 4th seed and they clinched the 5th seed. If that happens I expect to see Weekes and Valiquette as the starters cause the game would be meaningless.

:argh: NVM.

Not to sound paranoid but how hard would some players(for both teams) be crashing the goalie is Marty and Lundy were in the nets? If the Devils and Rangers are locked into playing each other in the playoffs there will be a ton of messages sent in the game, I would think.

Thank you 731! Finally something logical said :) Forget SatansDevils, he is so PRO BRODEUR it is not even funny.. :blahblah: Im not trying to bash him or Brodeur, but hes seriously getting upset at the thought of Weekes playing a home game, let alone against the Rags is mentioned. Ok it is announced the Brodeur is playing the last two games, but nothing is ever DEFINATE. Just get over it. What are you going to say on here if Weekes indeed does play sunday, the final, most likely meaningless game?

Not to sound paranoid but how hard would some players(for both teams) be crashing the goalie is Marty and Lundy were in the nets? If the Devils and Rangers are locked into playing each other in the playoffs there will be a ton of messages sent in the game, I would think.

Thank you 731! Finally something logical said :) Forget SatansDevils, he is so PRO BRODEUR it is not even funny.. :blahblah: Im not trying to bash him or Brodeur, but hes seriously getting upset at the thought of Weekes playing a home game, let alone against the Rags is mentioned. Ok it is announced the Brodeur is playing the last two games, but nothing is ever DEFINATE. Just get over it. What are you going to say on here if Weekes indeed does play sunday, the final, most likely meaningless game?

Nothing to say and obviously you do not know how important it is to Brodeur to play against the NYR. For Brodeur it is logical to him and maybe not you. Nothing to get over and not upset over anything here. Obviously you are new here and I am not Pro-Brodeur. I was just trying to say that Brodeur will play the last two games of the season PERIOD! But you and some others still have this idea that Weekes is going to play when he IS NOT. Any game vs. the NYR has meaning to Brodeur, the players and the fans! If it was another team out of the division then I would say rest Brodeur but it is the NYR.

By any strange reason Brodeur gets kidnapped or something else and Weekes starts I will be first to say something and apologize here like I have always done in the past. You wouldn't know that because you are a newbie here. So forget you.

Carry on and think Weekes will play.

So NVM and continue to think that Weekes will play vs. the NYR when the Devils are 0-4-3 this season vs. them.

Edited by SatansDevils

By any strange reason Brodeur gets kidnapped or something else and Weekes starts I will be first to say something and apologize here like I have always done in the past. You wouldn't know that because you are a newbie here. So forget you.

Carry on and think Weekes will play.

So NVM and continue to think that Weekes will play vs. the NYR when the Devils are 0-4-3 this season vs. them.

Yeah dude, SatansDevils is right. There is nothing short of Brodeur being abducted by aliens that would keep him from wanting to play against a team he hates so much like the rags.

I like Weekes, but what are you going to do when the best goalie in the league says he wants to play? Weeksie knew what he was getting into.

"You wouldn't know that because you are a newbie here. So forget you."

-SatansDevils

Are you like 5 years old? Seriously? Your upset at what I said so youll try to bash me and make fun? :giggle: Thats fine, Im not going to argue with you. I forgot I was talking to THE actual Martin Brodeur, and that you WILL play the last two games. Sorry Marty. Maybe When Im here as long as you I can hope :pray: to have the same or close to your posts count. :D

"You wouldn't know that because you are a newbie here. So forget you."

-SatansDevils

Are you like 5 years old? Seriously? Your upset at what I said so youll try to bash me and make fun? :giggle: Thats fine, Im not going to argue with you. I forgot I was talking to THE actual Martin Brodeur, and that you WILL play the last two games. Sorry Marty. Maybe When Im here as long as you I can hope :pray: to have the same or close to your posts count. :D

No it seems you are acting like the 5-year old here. I was just trying to help out here by saying Brodeur is going to play the last 2-games of the season but that was useless news to you. Not upset at all. I am not argueing with you either and happen to know a lot about Brodeur since he is my favorite player so it is all comon sense here. Didn't bash you at all just saying the obvious. I have no hard feelings as this is a message board and we all are Devils fans so it does not even phase me here. So like I said NVM as you started this bashing not me.

Have a nice day. :)