more of the same, it looks like it will be quick

nixxnj

devs have to be the worst offensive team in the playoffs, and brodeur plays like that??? the rangers didnt really create great chance, they scored 2 bad goals and the devils dont score more than 1 and that was a poweplay goal, geez i forgot what a powerplay goal was,,its been a while. its amazing we finished#2 in the east.lou should of pickedup a score if he really wanted to try and win the cup. lets take our poison and go into next season,this one gonna be over quick,,maybe 5 games,,no more than that :saddevil:

devs have to be the worst offensive team in the playoffs, and brodeur plays like that??? the rangers didnt really create great chance, they scored 2 bad goals and the devils dont score more than 1 and that was a poweplay goal, geez i forgot what a powerplay goal was,,its been a while. its amazing we finished#2 in the east.lou should of pickedup a score if he really wanted to try and win the cup. lets take our poison and go into next season,this one gonna be over quick,,maybe 5 games,,no more than that :saddevil:

Brodeur played amazing last night. He stopped so many chances, did you even watch the game? He made ONE rookie mistake that led to a goal.

We finished #4 in the east, so I guess you really have no idea what you're talking bout.

Brodeur played amazing last night. He stopped so many chances, did you even watch the game? He made ONE rookie mistake that led to a goal.

We finished #4 in the east, so I guess you really have no idea what you're talking bout.

Yeah, lol. Marty was the best player on the ice last night. Not that that's saying a whole lot, but I'm not gonna badmouth the biggest reason we can all celebrate 3 Stanley Cup championships.

I thought we played GREAT! If we play like that every game we'll win this thing. Sometimes the puck doesn't go in (especially in our case). We cannot play better than that. All we can do is score more. Last night we didn't score. Damn, we hit the pipe 3 times on clear shots and Patty couldn't lift that one rebound. We outplayed them. All the Devils need to do is SCORE!!

I thought we played GREAT! If we play like that every game we'll win this thing. Sometimes the puck doesn't go in (especially in our case). We cannot play better than that. All we can do is score more. Last night we didn't score. Damn, we hit the pipe 3 times on clear shots and Patty couldn't lift that one rebound. We outplayed them. All the Devils need to do is SCORE!!

We played great last night and lost, then obviously it wasn't enough. Please explain your logic.

This is what happens when you have NO goto guys on offense, Devs have NOONE who can put the puck in the net when it counts...

You put OA on this team an NJ wins the CUP....

elias...gionta. We're one time those guys but maybe it was Gomez who made them effective.

Geez, some of you really think we can win. How many goals have we scored against the rangers in 9 games? 10?

And Id say they hit about 4 times as many posts. I agree that all this team has to do is finish, and they can not only win this series, but go far in the playoffs.

Edited by Jake

And Id say they hit about 4 times as many posts.

All we need is for the Rangers to challenge the Devils to a post-hitting contest, and we're in business, baby!

I agree that all this team has to do is finish, and they can not only win this series, but go far in the playoffs.

It's not as easy as flipping a switch, my good man.

I appreciate you pulling my dog from that burning house, Jake. And for that, I'm forever endebted to you.

But I gotta disagree with ya on this one.

Edited by NJCroMag

It's not as easy as flipping a switch, my good man.

Haha, I guess that ones pretty obvious as they haven't been able to do it all year. I just don't think one loss in which they played pretty well is as clear a warning of a quick series as some are making it sound. That said, if they cannot step it up tomorrow, well, at least our draft choice will be higher than theres, right?

Edited by Jake

I agree... Had Brodeur passed that puck out and the Devils scored on a 2 on none, he'd be a hero right now. He obviously didn't realize Callahan had come around the net, and it cost. If you don't think Marty is going to come on strong in Game 2, then you haven't been watchin the Devils very long.

The 3rd goal was a perfect storm of Salvador getting beat clean by Gomez, Martin abandoning the front of the net for some unknown reason, and Brylin (who was covering for Martin) having the puck catch his skate.

And if one of the 3 post shots went in, we'd be singin a different tune.

The thing everyone (and especially all the wrist slitters) seem to be forgetting is that the Devils showed that LUNDQVIST CAN BE BEAT UPSTAIRS! They just have to keep it up. That Martin 5-hole goal was a direct result of Lundqvist thinking about him goin high. He was clearly guarding high, which is why his stick and left knee were off the ice.

The Devils are getting in his head. Will they win the series? Who knows. But they proved one thing last night: That have the ability to win the series.

The Devils are getting in his head. Will they win the series? Who knows. But they proved one thing last night: That have the ability to win the series.

Either that, or that they can lose every game 4-1 :noclue:

Heres hoping its the first! :koolaid:

Edited by Jake

Hell, it wasn't even a mistake! He was doing exactly what he wanted, his mistake wasn't trying to play the puck, his mistake was loosing his bearings on callahan. He knew what he was doing and was trying to do what he does 99% of the time which is make a break out play, something out of nothing.

There was nothing wrong with marty's train of thought on the play, just his awareness.

That was not a rookie mistake, any rookie would've have covered that puck.. Only Mr. Over Confident Brodeur would actually look to play the puck instead of covering it b/c of his laziness.

it's pretty disgusting to hear you bash the devils over the last 12 hours or so when you tout "You Gotta BELIEVE" in your sig. Perhaps that only applies to your mets? anyway, go root for a team with a rookie goaltender if you want to see someone timid and hide in net and not play the puck only to end up making a host of other actual rookie mistakes. We scored one goal anyway, we don't win this game even if broduer doesn't make that gaff so why don't you look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on one specific play.

Edited by squishyx

...the office of George McPhee, GM of the Capitals, minutes before the trade deadline...

:::ring ring:::

George McPhee : Heeello?

Lou Lam : Georgie! Babe! Whats shakin'?!

GM : Shawn Avery???

LL : Nooooo..it's Lou! From the Devils! Listen...what would it take for me to pry AO from you guys...

GM : Wow...you're just the 28th person today to call with that one...how about...Parise, Gionta, Martin, Zajac, Marty, Marty's mother, Marty's brother, a Turnpike rest-stop named after me, an appointment to Govenor of New Jersey and a practice rink on Jupiter made entirely of Legos, Silly String and Cheese Filled Prezel Combos...I love those things...

LL : Can I swap Prezel Combos with the regular kind?

:::click:::