Brodeur expecting big rebound

thelastonealive

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hockey/d...ig_rebound.html

With three Stanley Cups, three Vezina Trophies and 10 All-Star appearances, Martin Brodeur has earned the right to be a little cocky, even after giving away a playoff game to his team's top rival. "I'm the top player on this team, to a certain extent, and for us to win, they need me to be perfect," Brodeur said. "I played pretty good until that little mistake I made."

LITTLE mistake???

Jesus!! A little mistake is playing the puck into the trapezoid

or shooting one out of play and killing the penalty....

that was a pretty fvcking HUGE mistake :rant:

yeah yeah, I'm a bad fan whatever :P

LITTLE mistake???

Jesus!! A little mistake is playing the puck into the trapezoid

or shooting one out of play and killing the penalty....

that was a pretty fvcking HUGE mistake :rant:

yeah yeah, I'm a bad fan whatever :P

Yeah, that one was a biggie but the team should be able to come back from 2-1 to at leats tie it. Yeah, that was a big boo boo, but the team could have popped another in for Marty. Than again, if even half of those posts were goals, this would be a non story.

That may be true, but I don't think being arrogant after a pretty big blunder is the way to go.

If Marty's not confident, we lose this series. Goalies play their best when they are confident and this shows nothing, not even something that's going to be replayed 10,000 times on MSG, is going to rattle him. I have no problem with that comment.

He had a little oopsy. No biggie.

no he had a BIG fvckING OOPSIE that cost his team a key playoff game when his team was playing well at that point, and carried most of the game.... "all-time greats" are NOT allowed that level of mistake in a key sequence in the playoffs.... but hooray he's gonna have every single regular season record known to man.... yay!! :doh1:

Marty's earned the right to make a blunder every now and then and he's owned up to making a mistake. He's earned some brownie points here and there (understatemen!) so he's got some leeway in my book anyway.

He won't make the same mistake twice.

no he had a BIG fvckING OOPSIE that cost his team a key playoff game when his team was playing well at that point, and carried most of the game.... "all-time greats" are NOT allowed that level of mistake in a key sequence in the playoffs.... but hooray he's gonna have every single regular season record known to man.... yay!! :doh1:

sure they are. roy's blunder in game 4 of 2001 put new jersey back in a series it had no business being in. but from then on he didn't allow a soft goal.

sure they are. roy's blunder in game 4 of 2001 put new jersey back in a series it had no business being in. but from then on he didn't allow a soft goal.

i hate reliving that series, but how can you say the devils did not belong in that series? that team was stacked. sure colorado was very good as well, but had the devils not quit in game 6, they would've won that series.

i hate reliving that series, but how can you say the devils did not belong in that series? that team was stacked. sure colorado was very good as well, but had the devils not quit in game 6, they would've won that series.

stacked? 'i didn't know they stacked sh!t that high'. you had niedermayer and arnott clearly not at 100% because of concussions, and a lot of the team auto-piloting, perhaps due to overconfidence, or perhaps due to fatigue from playing almost 110 games the previous season, and doing all the stanley cup stuff in the off-season.

that was not a well-played series for either team, but the devils would've deserved to be down 3-1 in that series for sure. then you throw in the fact that the avs were missing their best player...

anyway that's all irrelevant but brodeur himself loved the quote from roy about some playoff series sometime - 'get me one - i'll take care of the rest'. it's time for him to steal a series.

a lot of the team auto-piloting, perhaps due to overconfidence,

that was not a well-played series for either team, but the devils would've deserved to be down 3-1 in that series for sure. then you throw in the fact that the avs were missing their best player...

anyway that's all irrelevant but brodeur himself loved the quote from roy about some playoff series sometime - 'get me one - i'll take care of the rest'. it's time for him to steal a series.

the overconfidence is what i point to. Brodeur talks about it in his book.

that is a great quote by Roy and you're right. With this Devils team, Marty will have to be the best player on either team for them to win any series.

Oh yes he did, game 7 2002 WCF the famous "statue of liberty" "save" "I got it (looks down) oh no I don't" as the puck trickles over the goal line in the Wings 7-0 obliteration of the Avs.

Oh yes he did, game 7 2002 WCF the famous "statue of liberty" "save" "I got it (looks down) oh no I don't" as the puck trickles over the goal line in the Wings 7-0 obliteration of the Avs.

I think he meant Roy didn't let in a bad goal the rest of that series (???).

Marty's earned the right to make a blunder every now and then and he's owned up to making a mistake. He's earned some brownie points here and there (understatemen!) so he's got some leeway in my book anyway.

He won't make the same mistake twice.

It was GREENE"S fault!!!! :angry::angry:

Wow....some of you guys are making me embarrassed to be a fan. Get off Marty's back guys, he played great and made a mistake. The man is nothing but human. You think he feels good about the blunder? No. It's not like it's no big deal to him either. You can tell how frustrated he was with himself whenever they showed a closeup on him.

Recoiling is the name of the game right now. Just as if we can't let the first game go or we lose all hope, they have to even more. I have a strong feeling whoever wins game 2 will win the series in 6.

I understand it was a big mistake, and it did cost us the game. But nobody in their right minds predicted the Devils or Rangers in 4. It's not going to happen. We come out playing like we did last night and we will win. We shook up the Rags D pretty well, forced a lot of turnovers, and beat Lundqvist 4 times but got snuffed by the iron. It's the first game, and nerves are tense.

We will win tomorrow. I am confident in this team to do it.

Everyone says this isn't our year, but so what? At least kick the sh!t out of the Rangers or hope for the best.

Edited by Baggy Spandex