GDT - Devils at NY Rangers 7 PM; Game 3

NJDevs4978

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK yeah the call on Avery was pretty weak but the refs don't HAVE to go and make themselves look even worse by making another bs call on Zach...UGHHHH

We look pretty sloppy out there..but it's all good, We'll be bringing it in the 2nd.....

Yet another disgusting bad-angle goal given up by Marty. Unreal. You think MAYBE, JUST MAYBE next year he plays less than 70 games? :rolleyes:

Hasan, I've watched the replay on my Hi-Def like 30 times now... If you want to blame someone, blame White for not moving his feet to get to that puck, or better yet, madden for not going down to block it. He stays on his feet, and it goes off his left instep. That's why it went under Marty - he was guarding short-side, and it deflected back to his other side.

My PC is not hooked up to the Tivo now, but that's they way it went. Watch Maddens reaction again, he doesn't even turn around towards Marty, he just hangs his head...

Too bad for Marty, the stupid announcers are having a field day at his expense. Between the Jagr goal in game 2, and this goal - he's "out of sorts"... Which is bullsh!t.

Actually- I just want to add, that is the one "down-side" to Marty versus a butterlfy goalie. I actually think the Jagr goal and this last one by Dubinski would have been stopped by someone with super-fly pads just going down and playing the percentages. Carey Price or someone would have just made his triangel and let the puck hit him... I'd still take Marty any day. I'm just getting sick and tired of blaming Marty all the time. How many times can the guy bail this team out? I know he needs to if we are going to win with this team, but on the other hand - White and Madden just don't want it like some other teams. I was watching the Pens game, and the Caps game and there are guys diving all over the ice to make plays. The Devils just seem to be going through the motions...

Sorry for the long post.

Edited by Motor City Devil

Rangers win the period, Devils weather the storm

Imo you have had a good feel for this series and you're spot on again. Not exactly what I was hoping for from the Devils but they made it out 1-1. We got a lucky break on our goal and the Rangers got one that Marty should have had.

There is one thing that concerns me greatly though. Marty made some great saves that period but it's so obvious he isn't on his game 100% right now. At least to me he isn't. You can just tell in his stance. He's playing very tight which is not a bad thing but when he is firing on all cylinders you'll notice that he just has a much more aggressive stance and takes up more of the net. I don't think it's so much a problem with his own game rather then the fact that he does not trust his defense right now. They're doing a lot of running around out there and I think he's trying to compensate and that is why we're seeing these "off" looking goals.

Well......Just gotta keep plugging away. Still waiting for Elias and Parise to pot a damn goal.

Backman is a scumbag btw.

Edited by SickMan

Imo you have had a good feel for this series and you're spot on again. Not exactly what I was hoping for from the Devils but they made it out 1-1. We got a lucky break on our goal and the Rangers got one that Marty should have had.

There is one thing that concerns me greatly though. Marty made some great saves that period but it's so obvious he isn't on his game 100% right now. At least to me he isn't. You can just tell in his stance. He's playing very tight which is not a bad thing but when he is firing on all cylinders you'll notice that he just has a much more aggressive stance and takes up more of the net. I don't think it's so much a problem with his own game rather then the fact that he does not trust his defense right now. They're doing a lot of running around out there and I think he's trying to compensate and that is why we're seeing these "off" looking goals.

Well......Just gotta keep plugging away. Still waiting for Elias and Parise to pot a damn goal.

Backman is a scumbag btw.

Completely right, Marty is fighting the puck too often. He usually makes it seem easy and effortless, that period he was out of position a few times and compensated by flopping.

The Rags have been able to carry the puck into our zone with ease, and often with numbers. No 2 on 1's I can remember, but 3 on 2's all the damn time. And they've been able to strip our defenseman and keep cycles going one pucks that should have been cleared out of the zone.

And the Rags continue to clog up shooting lanes. I can't remember many good chances by NJ after the first 7 minutes or so of the game

Edited by '7'

Actually- I just want to add, that is the one "down-side" to Marty versus a butterlfy goalie. I actually think the Jagr goal and this last one by Dubinski would have been stopped by someone with super-fly pads just going down and playing the percentages. Carey Price or someone would have just made his triangel and let the puck hit him... I'd still take Marty any day. I'm just getting sick and tired of blaming Marty all the time. How many times can the guy bail this team out? I know he needs to if we are going to win with this team, but on the other hand - White and Madden just don't want it like some other teams. I was watching the Pens game, and the Caps game and there are guys diving all over the ice to make plays. The Devils just seem to be going through the motions...

Sorry for the long post.

How long has it been since he bailed them out in April? Exactly once in the last five years, and it wasn't so much bailing the team out as it was everyone played well in the Ranger series two years ago. He certainly isn't failing in the playoffs because he isn't clutch, three Cups proves that. I don't think he's hiding an injury. But it's just having this insane workload behind a patchwork defense eventually gets to you mentally and I'm tired of it every damn year, and tired of fighting other Devil fans who think Marty should play as many games as he wants to because 'he knows his own body'. I hoped that Sutter was giving him enough rest between games so that it wouldn't be a factor this year but once again, it is.

Edited by Hasan4978

I agree with that. And they're still not beating us. Which tells me if we step it up, we can beat these guys.

Our best players need to be better. Hopefully they have another gear. I'll give the Rangers some credit. They're not going to give this series away. If the Devils want to advance they're gonna have to elevate their play.

Hopefully they will settle down in the 2nd period.

I agree with you... See my post above. I don't think he looks "tight" I just don't think he has much confidence in his D-men right now. There's no way White should miss that puck getting it out, and Madden has no business getting stuck in no-mans land like he did... and then he doesn't even go down to block it. I think we are just spoiled. Marty is the best positional goalie in the league, but there are broken plays that happen, and given his style, I don't think he gets "lucky" like other goalies. Take game 2 for example... Mottau or someone almost scored on the PP by shooting it wide - it caromed off of a d-man, and just hit Lundquist in the arm and he was looking the other way. It seems with Marty, if a broken play goes on - he doesn't get those saves that just hit him...

This goal was weak, I just don't think that was his fault. Most of the goals that go in on Marty are "weak" - he stops everything he sees 98% of the time. It's just the weird ones he doesn't get because he doesn't play that bullsh!t, cop-out butterfly style that so many guys do.

Edited by Motor City Devil

Damn, almost looked like Mottau shot on Brodeur there.

Callahan takes a penalty. Cash in boys!

Also, how the hell was that icing on US on the powerplay. The Rag deliberately slowed up when he could have played it! :angry:

Edited by '7'

UGHHHHHH I wish someone would just fvckin peg Avery in the back of the head with the puck when he's sitting there facing brodeur ...What a peice of shi!t

Edited by annabelle