(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

thelastonealive

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm seeing Springsteen in Hartford on the 19th and The Bouncing Souls (with 7 Seconds) in NYC 2 days later.

I should HOPEFULLY be at that Bouncing Souls show. Have tickets for the one the night before, but my friend Amanda can't go to that one, so probably going on the 21st now.

Pretenders on Sunday, Bouncing Souls on the 21st hopefully...that's it for me by way of concerts this year. Goddamn what a sh!tty summer.

Seriously, I saw them nine years ago, and I would never admit such a thing...

....ah sh!t.

haha i saw em back in 02...i was seein if any1 was goin to the reunion...what about Crue Fest 2? I cant wait for Godsmack

Had a good time at The Pretenders show tonight. Luckily the rain held out.

I'm sorry you couldn't go, thelastonealive, but thanks for the tix. My wife thanks you too.

I owe you!

No prob, glad someone was able to get some use out of 'em. One of the worst feelings in the world is throwing out tickets you couldn't use.

Glad you had a good time.

Alter Bridge>Creed. 'Nuff said.

Right now they are, but if you look at what Creed did back in the day Creed is a lot better and they had a lot more hits than Alter Bridge does. However Stapp isn't what he used to be and now Alter Bridge has the better sound ill give you that. But considering achievements Creed is deff the better band

• 2 weeks later...

Caught Springsteen for the first time last night up in Hartford. The Boss puts on a hell of a show. Solid 2 and a 1/2 hours. He didn't get to the hits till later, but man he's great with a crowd. I can see why so many people recommend his shows. You know how there are certain songs that always stand out in your mind when you hear them live? Thunder Road is on that list for me now.

Anyone heading to NYC for the Bouncing Souls and 7 Seconds tomorrow night?

Caught Springsteen for the first time last night up in Hartford. The Boss puts on a hell of a show. Solid 2 and a 1/2 hours. He didn't get to the hits till later, but man he's great with a crowd. I can see why so many people recommend his shows. You know how there are certain songs that always stand out in your mind when you hear them live? Thunder Road is on that list for me now.

In my household, I'm sort of like "Mr. New Jersey," but yet I have never seen The Boss! I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I can appreciate his body of work. I gotta go see him at least once in my life -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

Anyone heading to NYC for the Bouncing Souls and 7 Seconds tomorrow night?

I AM! :D Well tonight with Lifetime. Hahaha :)

Edited by cupcake23

Bouncing Souls put on a hell of a set tonight. They make me proud every time I see them. I think this has to be at least the 29th time I've seen them in the last 3 years. UGH. Fan-freakin-tastic. I also have to say Lifetime did pretty well since the last time I saw them. They seemed better put together this time.

so far this summer.....

THE GERMS

THE PRETENDERS

RANCID

SOUTHSIDE JOHNNY

SCOTT BIRAM

THE DOUGHBOYS

THE SMITHEREENS

X

STILL TO COME:

REVERAND HORTON HEAT

NASHVILLE P***y

BIG SANDY AND THE FLY RITE BOYS

MOTORHEAD

BLACK CROWES

LOS STRAITJACKETS

HUGH CORNWELL

WAYNE HANCOCK

THE TRASHMEN

THE ZEROS

Oh yeah.....i think GASLIGHT ANTHEM are 10 times the band the BOUNCING SOULS are.Just like, my opinion man.

Edited by swampdevil

I think I'm going to see In Flames, The Faceless, Between the Buried and Me, and 3 Inches of Blood October 2nd at Starland. The only one of those bands I like is 3 Inches of Blood. Their new CD comes out in like two weeks I think, so I'm guessing they will be playing lots of their new stuff, so it better be good.

In my household, I'm sort of like "Mr. New Jersey," but yet I have never seen The Boss! I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I can appreciate his body of work. I gotta go see him at least once in my life -- hopefully sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either, but I had to see him once. I would have appreciated more of the older hits. (He played Born to Run, Thunder Road, Dancing in the Dark, and a weird Twist and Shout/La Bamba mix). Still a good show, though.

Bouncing Souls put on a hell of a set tonight. They make me proud every time I see them. I think this has to be at least the 29th time I've seen them in the last 3 years. UGH. Fan-freakin-tastic. I also have to say Lifetime did pretty well since the last time I saw them. They seemed better put together this time.

I know absolutely nothing about old school punk, but I was amazed by 7Seconds. Really good stuff.

Bouncing Souls were awesome. I'm never gonna see Ole live, but they played just about everything else I wanted/expected.

Also, being the Quick Chek fiend that I am, I LOVED the comic they had up on the video board during Quick Chek Girl.

THE SMITHEREENS

Oh yeah.....i think GASLIGHT ANTHEM are 10 times the band the BOUNCING SOULS are.Just like, my opinion man.

LOVE The Smithereens. Everyone in the band save for Pat Dinizzio is from my hometown, too. Been dying to see them, but they seem to always play in the area when I absolutely cannot go.

Gaslight Anthem's awesome too. Plenty of room for both of 'em. Hell, plenty of room for any Jersey band, save for My Chemical Romance and Bon Jovi. :lol:

I'm going to see NIN at Webster Hall on Sunday. Should be sick.

THATS gotta be awesome. NIN are one of the best live bands I've seen, and Webster Hall is one of my favorite venues, so combine the two - especially with Trent Reznor claiming it'll be his last tour - it's gonna be a crazy show.

LOVE The Smithereens. Everyone in the band save for Pat Dinizzio is from my hometown, too. Been dying to see them, but they seem to always play in the area when I absolutely cannot go.

Gaslight Anthem's awesome too. Plenty of room for both of 'em. Hell, plenty of room for any Jersey band, save for My Chemical Romance and Bon Jovi. :lol:

THATS gotta be awesome. NIN are one of the best live bands I've seen, and Webster Hall is one of my favorite venues, so combine the two - especially with Trent Reznor claiming it'll be his last tour - it's gonna be a crazy show.

I missed out on Bowery Ballroom tickets so I had to settle for Webster Hall. What I've heard about Webster is nothing but bad reviews. Supposedly the sound is terrible and the place is 1000000 degrees during the summer. Hopefully its all untrue.

I saw NIN in Athens, Greece this summer and that was sick. This should blow that away regardless of venue.