Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thelastonealive

(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

421 posts in this topic

Dave Attell was hilarious. Clutch was awesome (as always), but holy crap has Starland gone downhill as a venue. They wouldn't let us hang out in the parking lot, all of the people who work there are dicks and they pack the place beyond the point of it being uncomfortable until it's downright unbearable. Plus it's right in the middle of nowhere. My buddy put it best tonight when he said, "If it wasn't for the fact that Clutch is so sick, I would have burned this fvcking place down tonight."

Never going there again. And it's a shame, because I used to really like that place.

Wow, I used to go there for ska shows when it was Hunka Bunka and it was a pretty cool venue. Only been there once since it became Starland and it always seemed to be overcrowded yet a good time. Sad to hear it's taken a dive since then.

I tried this before, but if there's anyone who wouldn't mind seeing them at the Rock on February 1st instead of January 31st, please let me know!

Hey man, if you're trying to sell those, try StubHub. My friend sold 4 $80 tix for $135 a piece for the Feb 1st show.

Hey man, if you're trying to sell those, try StubHub. My friend sold 4 $80 tix for $135 a piece for the Feb 1st show.

Yea I looked into that, but the problem is then I'd have to buy tickets for the show on the 31st for a lot more.

Yea I looked into that, but the problem is then I'd have to buy tickets for the show on the 31st for a lot more.

Ah, very true. I would have loved to have gone... but my buddy got a 67" TV... so I'll be watching me some foozballs.

Just bought tix to Jane's Addiction/Nine Inch Nails at PNC in June.

Went to see Rise Against on the 6th of March supported by Flobots and The King Blues

Amazing Gig

Getting tickets to Download festival and the Reading festival.

Just scooped up some tickets to go see Jim Florentine, Nick Dipaolo & The Reverend Bob Levy at the Starland Ballroom for March 28th.

Just scooped up some tickets to go see Jim Florentine, Nick Dipaolo & The Reverend Bob Levy at the Starland Ballroom for March 28th.

Saw them at House of Blues in Showboat last month and it was a pretty good show. Bob Levy was pretty terrible but he got funnier as the evening progressed. Florentine killed, Colin was great but was only on for about 15 minutes and Nick D was unbeliveable. Easily the best comic of the night.

Not sure if Colin Quinn will be the Starland show but you didn't miss much if he's not.

For nostalgic reasons, Im going to see my favorite band from when I was 14, who I later disowned and have since welcomed back for old times sake:

507756202_8d189dca30.jpg

Flyers suck, obviously.

VAST is playing the Wonderbar in Asbury Park, but it's the week of my finals. I swear, I've been trying to see that damned band for more than ten years now, and on the rare occasion they make it to NJ/NYC, it's always at the worst possible time.

Saturday im going to go see Jim Florentine, Nick Dipaolo & The Reverend Bob Levy :D

I'm seeing DMB at the Garden in April and in Camden twice in September.

Lewis Black in Reading PA was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

apw_poster.jpg

Tix on sale today a noon, $199 for the 3 Days.

The Sunday show looks really good. I'd want to see MGMT and Silversun Pickups

I'm seeing U2 in September.

Edited by devilsrule33

Did somebody say "Beastie Boys"? :dance::dance::dance:

I'm seeing DMB at the Garden in April and in Camden twice in September.

Lewis Black in Reading PA was one of the best shows I've ever been to.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

A few months ago coming back from work real late on the train I had to wade through all these lacrosse hair yuppie teenagers and there north shore trash girlfriends talking about how great Dave Matthews is. I finally got sick of it and keyed open a closed car for myself.

Anyway, I've got a nice May coming up, Mike Watt and The Missingmen at Maxwells on the 7th and X at the Bowery Ballroom on the 29th.

Im going to see Phish, which Im kind of embarrassed about, but whatever - I liked them when I was 14 hahaha.

Also the girl and I are seeing Metric in phila, Im not a 'fan' but she likes them - So somehow ive wrangled myself into going to the consummate 'wookie' and 'hipster' shows of the summer, respectively..hahaha. Should be fun on both counts though.

I'm hoping to go see Mucky Pup tomorrow night at Mexicali Live in Teaneck. They always put on a great show.

I'm hoping to go see Mucky Pup tomorrow night at Mexicali Live in Teaneck. They always put on a great show.

Man, I'm glad this thread's still around to see a second year of summer concertdom.

This season for me:

I'd love to see VAST on 5/6 in Asbury but it appears unlikely.

No Doubt at PNC in late-June, though it's not actually announced yet

I missed out on The Offspring pre-sale tickets for Starland, so I'm not sure I'm actually gonna get tix or not

All Points West falls on my birthday weekend, I definitely plan to go Sunday (Coldplay, Echo & The Bunnymen, Gaslight Anthem, MGMT, Silversun Pickups) and would like to go Saturday as well (Tool, Gogol Bordello, The Ting Tings, Arctic Monkeys)

Hopefully another Eve 6 show, they seem to be playing just beyond how far Amanda and I are willing to travel to see them (upstate NY/Long Island mostly).

JUST ORDERED METALLICA TICKETS!!!

November 15th at the Garden!

Edited by Cracker5

11/15/09

:yea: :yea: :yea: :yea: :yea::headless chicken::rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock::cheers: :cheers: :cheers::yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I love you Cracker5!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!