Estimate Trade In Values

Can anyone possibly give me an estimate of these trade-in values at Gamestop?

-Xbox 360 20GB system w/ wireless controller

-Rockband game w/Guitar, Drums, Vocals

-Call of Duty 4 game

-NHL 2k8 game

-MLB 2k8 game

-NHL 08 game

-GTA IV game

-MLB 2k7 game

-FIFA 08 game

If anyone works at Gamestop.. or might just know the estimate from going to Gamestop and trading in so many times.. i dunno yeah..

Not trying to be a jackass, but why does it matter..? I noticed you quoted me to say 'MLB 2k8 sucked' in a topic that had nothing to do with the discussion of the game O.o.. do you have a grudge or something lol? ehh, i guess im getting too paranoid haha

anyway, I was just curious because I was thinking of maybe getting a PS3

Edited by nmigliore

I dont have a grudge, i was just wondering why. I actually thought you might be trading for a PS3, not sure why but i thought of that.

I didnt mean anything by saying mlb 2k8 sucks, it was just an extreme disappointment for me.

If you get the ps3 try out the show, its great.

I dont have a grudge, i was just wondering why. I actually thought you might be trading for a PS3, not sure why but i thought of that.

I didnt mean anything by saying mlb 2k8 sucks, it was just an extreme disappointment for me.

If you get the ps3 try out the show, its great.

yeah sorry bro haha it was just me

but yeah i was thinking of doing exactly that - trading in 360/games and get PS3 and MLB 08.. I know a new 40GB PS3 is like $400.. plus MLB 08 makes it like $460.. just wondering how much of that price those trade-ins will cover.. i dont think it could cover all of it..

Yeah its free. Its not as good but its free, the servers are ran through the games company, instead of xbox how it runs through the microsoft.

so some games tend to lag more and have server issues? im not a big online gamer anymore anyway though.. Ive gotten sick of COD 4.. like i said ive only been playing MLB 2k8 (all offline too)

so some games tend to lag more and have server issues? im not a big online gamer anymore anyway though.. Ive gotten sick of COD 4.. like i said ive only been playing MLB 2k8 (all offline too)

You could call up eb games or gamestop and tell them what your looking to trade in and they should be able to give you an estimate. I don't think it will be enough though to make trading all that stuff in and buying a ps3 for 1 game worth it.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Yeah im sure it wont.. i called up asking about Rockband - they only take the game/Guitar for about $30 (they dont take drums/mic), what a fvckin rip-off.. the Xbox 360 system only is about $120.. plus i took some prices of trade-ins like GTA IV/COD 4 and took a good estimate on the others.. my estimate total came to $260.. the cheapest PS3 available in stores is $400..

Yeah im sure it wont.. i called up asking about Rockband - they only take the game/Guitar for about $30 (they dont take drums/mic), what a fvckin rip-off.. the Xbox 360 system only is about $120.. plus i took some prices of trade-ins like GTA IV/COD 4 and took a good estimate on the others.. my estimate total came to $260.. the cheapest PS3 available in stores is $400..

yea dude don't even bother trading that stuff in than. Your better off just saving up for a ps3 than.

yea dude don't even bother trading that stuff in than. Your better off just saving up for a ps3 than.

just called my friend.. hes got a PS3 and MLB 08 the show plus a couple other games.. right now we are thinking of swapping our systems, hes been wanting to get an xbox 360 for awhile..

Im giving him all of those Xbox games i listed above and my system.. for his PS3 and his few games.. i guess he gets the better of the deal somewhat but again i rarely play my other xbox games, just MLB 2k8 .. and i really wanted to get MLB 08 the Show and he already has it. Plus online is free (even though i would rarely play it)..

just called my friend.. hes got a PS3 and MLB 08 the show plus a couple other games.. right now we are thinking of swapping our systems, hes been wanting to get an xbox 360 for awhile..

Im giving him all of those Xbox games i listed above and my system.. for his PS3 and his few games.. i guess he gets the better of the deal somewhat but again i rarely play my other xbox games, just MLB 2k8 .. and i really wanted to get MLB 08 the Show and he already has it. Plus online is free (even though i would rarely play it)..

that sounds like a better deal than trading it in.

Have you actually played MLB 08 first to make sure it's worth it though?

that sounds like a better deal than trading it in.

Have you actually played MLB 08 first to make sure it's worth it though?

Yes.. i actually used to say that MLB 2k8 was better until I played it.. I was wrong, the graphics are better and the gameplay is way more realistic in the show.. it has great features too like where u can create a player and try to make it to the big leagues from scratch.. Hmm you can import your own music into the game too.. MLB 2k8 has the music feature but its kinda f'ed up

But anyway yeah.. MLB 08 the show is better than 2k8..

• 5 weeks later...

I bought battlefield bad company .. its so bad.. lol.. i dunno why but i just dont like it. I thought it would compare to COD, but its not even close.. the gameplay and style is but the frame-rate is horrid online .. i havent touched single player yet though.. but so far im very dissapointed.

game just doesn't feel as 'clean' and right as COD

btw i didnt wanna make a thread about it so i figured he was the best spot to say it

Edited by nmigliore

I cant wait until COD 5, coming out this November. (hopefully)

Besides for COD5, I really want to play the new NHL 09, Resident Evil 5, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, and Hells Highway. I know there are more but i cant remember.

Yeah I wanna play all of those except whats Hells Highway? a Racing game? Never heard of it.. anyway Ill pick up 09 and 2k9 both like I usually do.. COD 5 definitely on the top of my list come November, im glad they are already making a new one.. I thought they might give it more than a year like GoW did, but.. they aren't, and im fine with that.. the more COD, the better! :boogie:

edit: ok i just looked up Hells HW, its Brother in Arms.. cool another war game.. i never played Brother in Arms.. is it like COD?

Edited by nmigliore

I don't think the cod game coming out is considered cod 5. Its along the lines of big red one, a full standalone game, but not one of the numericals in the series. although i agree, i read the article on cod world at war in oxm and it looks amazing. they're using the cod4 engine, too.

I don't think the cod game coming out is considered cod 5. Its along the lines of big red one, a full standalone game, but not one of the numericals in the series. although i agree, i read the article on cod world at war in oxm and it looks amazing. they're using the cod4 engine, too.

if they used the same engine as COD 4 for the rest of the COD games, i'd be very happy. Obviously it will get better, but, i love how it is right now. Gameplay is fantastic and fun

The Brothers in Arms series wasnt something I played until recently. The series is great, I'm really excited for the new one, slated to come out next month, but I am waiting for reviews before I buy it. I played all of the previous ones on the computer. (although i hate computer gaming)

Soul Calibur I forgot to add to the list. The new Red Alert is high on my list.

The new LOTR game, which is made to play like Star Wars: Battle front is a must in my book.

I think I'm mostly excited for COD5, NHL 09, LOTR and Star Wars: Force Unleashed.

Whats LOTR? Lord of the Rings? If so i didn't know a new game was coming out.. they Lord of the rings online which is like WoW, and i hate those games.. i really liked LOTR Battle for Mid-Earth II though, it was really cool, and im usually not a fan of those kind of games where you spawn your army and go fight the computer etc..