Newly Born NJ fan

Hey fellas, I have to be quite honest and say I'm a pretty new devils fan. I've claimed to like them my whole life but really want to get into hockey. I have watched some games from last season, but nothing big. I really am looking forward into learning a thing or two aboit hockey so I'll be posting a lot.

Yeah feel free to ask questions... a simple thread with a question, you'll get a good 20 responses, an occasional board troll, and a fight. And that's only in the offseason

occassionally there will be some jealousy ;)

Sorry MB.... you set your self up :):)

Welcome, this place is great.

Thanks everybody, first I'll need a favorite player. I've already established the fact to hate NYR, when Avery called Marty a fatso. So who should be my favorite player?

Welcome. :koolaid:

We need more Langenbrunner fans around here. His name looks cool on a jersey too. :boogie:

• 3 weeks later...
you don't find a favorite player... they find you... just pay attention in training camp and early season games B )

You are actually right for once! :giggle:

Welcome to the boards Second Coming B )

Yeah feel free to ask questions... a simple thread with a question, you'll get a good 20 responses, an occasional board troll, and a fight. And that's only in the offseason

And don't forget the :ph34r: hijackers! :ph34r:

Thanks everybody, first I'll need a favorite player. I've already established the fact to hate NYR, when Avery called Marty a fatso. So who should be my favorite player?

nonono That will depend on your style. You'll have to see if you're offensive or defensive first, then watch them play and see who suits your style best. :dance:

WELCOME! where you live?

We need more Langenbrunner fans around here. His name looks cool on a jersey too. :boogie:

Takes a wide shoulder to pull it off right though. :koolaid:

Just watch the games and one will grow on you...he doesn't necessarily have to be the flashiest or most talented guy around. What type of player do you like? I tend to like the lunchpail guys (like Daneyko back in the day) and the more unheralded types who do the little things that doesn't always show up in boxscores. Not that I have anything against star players of course...Brodeur will always be one of my favorites for very obvious reasons, and my all-time favorite Devil is John MacLean.