Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dali

Sportsnet.ca: Rangers given a permission to talk with Sundin

23 posts in this topic

Sportsnet.ca reports that the Rangers have been given permission to talk with Mats Sundin. It

Edited by dali

How do the rangers expect go get all these players on the same team under the Cap :noclue:

Or are they letting most of their UFA's go.

The interesting thing is, I heard on XM home ice yesterday that Sundin didn't even meet with Gainey. Sundin said he needed more time to decide if he was even going to play this season, so he wasn't going to waste time deciding on a team, if he wasn't even sure of he'd be playing.

The interesting thing is, I heard on XM home ice yesterday that Sundin didn't even meet with Gainey. Sundin said he needed more time to decide if he was even going to play this season, so he wasn't going to waste time deciding on a team, if he wasn't even sure of he'd be playing.

I heard the same thing. The more people "push" at him the mroe he just "pushes" back and says "not yet".

Oh, this is interesting. But it makes sense. And it

Unless the vets on the Rangers are going to take what guys like Hasek and Chelios make in Detroit, any Sundin talk would mean the end of Shanny...

Oh I think he'll be wearing red... the red of either the Habs or Wings

If Sundin joins the Wings, they might as well tweak their jersey colours a bit. I was thinking something like this:

replica_400x400.jpg

Unless the vets on the Rangers are going to take what guys like Hasek and Chelios make in Detroit, any Sundin talk would mean the end of Shanny...

Or the end of Jagr?

I don't see what the problem with the end of Shanahan would be as a Ranger fan. He doesn't play with an edge anymore, and all he's got is his shot. He scored 12 even strength goals last year, color me unimpressed.

I agree Shanny is done, and Sather feels the same (he will talk to him after looking at more important players). Talking to Sundin must make Jagr feel good.

Sundin is what the Devils need, but he only want to play in a Canada or Detroit.

Hmmm...Some more information. Cliff Fletcher claims that the Habs were given exclusive rights to talk with Sundin and sportsnet.ca has published a duck, but of course Fletcher can

Get Sundin and promote Bergfors and let them play together... Immediate success. Haha seriously though.. the devils won't even try to get him.

i like mats...it will suck if he goes to the raggots...

say it aint so mats.

According to Larry Brooks, NYR is where Sundin wants to be.

Sundin, the 37-year-old long-time Maple Leafs captain who can become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, has made it clear New York is his desired destination.

RANGERS INTERESTED IN SUNDIN

Which I don't get, Mats would be a great option for one to two years.

Lou knows best. Can't wait until he turns the reigns over to Chris, we'll be set for many years to come.

Oh god no...He's done an awesome job in Lowell and Trenton.. lets just promote him when lou goes.. no way..

Seriously.. I've heard some not so good things about him

God, how can Lou just sit on his hands and watch all these teams... get permission... to talk to free agents?

Fire him now, titans has got it right on.

I dont see the Rags going after Sundin. Gomez or Drury a 3rd line center or on the wing? No. Not going to happen. Its Brooks or someone blowing smoke up Brooks' ass. No way in hell Sundin would be a 3rd line center and nor does he deserve that.

Edited by ghdi

I'd love Sundin to decide he'd like to play in a more low pressure enviroment for the last few seasons of his career... maybe, I don't know, Newark?

Maybe someone should drop a hinty hint to him... a superstar on our team who enjoys his anonymity.

At the risk of gimmick infringement...

C'MON MARTY!

It's a shame that the Mats/Leafs era ended like this. Especially if he retires a Ranger.