Tucker to Become UFA....

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Link

Darcy Tucker's career with the Toronto Maple Leafs is over.

Maple Leafs general manager Cliff Fletcher alerted Tucker of Toronto's intention to buy him out on Tuesday afternoon.

"Its a business, Darcy knows that," Tucker's agent Carlos Sosa told TSN.

"Whether this decision by the Maple Leafs is good business or bad business.only time will tell."

"We've been prepared for everything and Darcy and his family are ready to move on," Sosa added.

Tucker has 3 years remaining on his contract and Toronto will be on the hook for two-thirds, or 6 million dollars paid over a six year term. Tucker signed a four-year contract extension with the club back in February of 2007.

The leafs actually are trying to shake things up, i wonder if this does mean the end of Mcabe as well??

I think Tucker will be in demand, one of thoes players you hate , but wouldnt mind if they were on your team.

I'll bet the Leafs make a big run at Hossa and/or Jagr. Rags already got the OK to talk to Sundin. Lou better find a way to seduce at least one good UFA.

not according to cliff

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=15866

TORONTO (June 24) -- Amid reports that he offered Mats Sundin's negotiating rights to the New York Rangers before awarding them to Montreal, Maple Leafs' GM Cliff Fletcher vehemently stated today that no team other than the Canadiens was involved. "I gave Montreal exclusive rights... we didn't talk to anyone else," Fletcher insisted when we spoke on the phone. "I don't know where this other stuff comes from. When you give exclusive rights, it's to one team. I haven't talked to New York. The Rangers were never interested in the exclusive rights to Mats."

I'll bet the Leafs make a big run at Hossa and/or Jagr. Rags already got the OK to talk to Sundin. Lou better find a way to seduce at least one good UFA.

Signing high priced UFA's is how Toronto got into this mess in the first place. To do this would making the same mistakes the previous GM's have made over the years.

Tri, is right on target as Fletcher wants to completely overhaul this teams mentality. They are trying to get rid of ALL the players that would not waive their no trade clause and start with a fresh hungry outlook.

While I hate playing against Tucker, I respect what he brings to a team. Would not be surprised if Ottawa signs him.

Fletcher won't be able to turn it around in one year, just has to get the ship sailing back in the right direction. And, as it is Toronto, quickly.

Tucker will be a good signing for one year with an option for a 2. I'd love it if we could get him here for a contract like that with only one year exposure.

Sign Tucker and Holik to 1 year contracts. Put them with Clarkson.

Roflcopter.

Edited by britdevil

That isnt a bad Idea, Could be the most hated line in hockey...

It won't happen but not a bad 4th line...

Elias/Vrana/Parise

Bergfors/Zajac/Gionta

Zubrus/Madden/Langenbrunner

Tucker/Holik/Clarkson

No Pando, Brylin, Rupp...

Not bad tho

Tucker/Holik/Clarkson

I would LOVE that line playing at MSG.

Imagine the crying and whining.

:boogie:

For a team that is hurting for $$$, I can see this move, but for a team like Toronto that has cash - no way. Taking a 1 mil cap hit for the next six seasons is just not good for your hockey team. They could have easily sent Tucker to the AHL, possibly someone would have taken him (doubt it), but probably not.

Spenidng 9 million real dollars and zero cap dollars is better for your team than 6 million real dollars and 6 million cap dollars.

But bg. , I don't disagree, but sometimes you just don't want a guy like that hanging around your system. It's not good for the team.

Yeah. And 1 million on Toronto's cap won't matter for the next 3 years, and then 3 years after that only 6 teams will be able to spend up to the cap so it won't matter than either.