Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaneykoIsGod

Pandolfo happy to be back; So long Sarge?

9 posts in this topic

Left wing Jay Pandolfo is glad to be staying in New Jersey and said he didn't have much interest in checking out what he could have made on the open market. That's why he passed on unrestricted free agency to sign a three-year contract at $2.5 million per season with the Devils.

"My first preference was to come back," he said. "I didn't want to leave. I know what I have in New Jersey. I know the organization. I just figured that if I could get what I wanted, I'd rather stay in New Jersey."

Pandolfo said the sides negotiated his deal "pretty much over the last week" finalized it late Monday night.

"These things just take time," he said.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello was pleased to re-sign Pandolfo. He said it came down to a picking betwen Pandolfo and Sergei Brylin. The Devils opted to keep Pandolfo and not exercise the option year on Brylin's contract. Brylin also passed on his option and decided to become an unrestricted free agent.

That means Vrana is expected to make the club...

Im sure Zharkov will also get a look being that he signed a contract aswell.

I would think Zharkov's only real options next season are play in Russia again or Lowell. I doubt the Devils take a guy who didn't get a lot of ice time in Russia last year and toss him right into the NHL.

$2.5MM - people are complaining about Sal's deal? I told you all that Pando was getting $2MM and you thought I was crazy - oh well.