Avery on smelling manly, and hoping for cool people in Texas..

BlizzardCyclone

The photo has "I love men" written all over it, right down to the little black boots. :D

This is an article from Yahoo Sports, Exit Interview with Sean Avery.

Sean Avery Exit Interview

Yahoo Sports: Did your co-workers' (from Vogue) throw you a going-back-to-hockey party at the end of the internship?

Avery: They are too busy for that. But I had random secret admirers sending me gifts over the four-week period.

Yahoo Sports: Like what?

Avery: Like black nail polish, ties, whisky and skin products.

Yahoo Sports: Do you have a morning beauty routine?

Avery: I like to shower a lot. I wear Old Spice. I don't wear cologne. I like to be as manly as possible because sometimes my clothes are a little bit feminine. You got to balance it out.

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

Avery: Like black nail polish, and skin products.

Yahoo Sports: Do you have a morning beauty routine?

Avery: I like to shower a lot. I don't wear cologne. I like to be as manly as possible because sometimes my clothes are a little bit feminine.

I think that says it all to any doubters...

Edited by BlizzardCyclone

I don't care

I can't wait to see this guy annoy pester and unravel the most fragile goalie in the league in the JiggyPout!!!

I will watch many more Stars games this year :lol:

The scent of Old Spice threw him off his game ...

haha...honestly Brodeur $hits bigger than Avery.

Sather made the right move letting him walk - he is just not a guy you give 4 years to, let alone any type of a NMC - if he implodes you need to be able to ditch him pronto.

Avery is the type of player you want to always be playing for his next contract.

haha...honestly Brodeur $hits bigger than Avery.

Sather made the right move letting him walk - he is just not a guy you give 4 years to, let alone any type of a NMC - if he implodes you need to be able to ditch him pronto.

Avery is the type of player you want to always be playing for his next contract.

while i agree, funny how that tone changes now - used to be that the Rangers were 72-7-3 with Avery in the lineup.

i would never give 4 years to avery, he's injury prone and doesn't know how to avoid a hit. Still, the Rangers are going to suffer without him there, because they've once again managed to make their lineup even softer.

Old Spice? My god, how cheap is this guy? Attention Duane Reede Shopper....and Sean Avery.

I was in the minority of Ranger fans regarding Avery, but I have not waivered.

Sure, I loved him driving Brodeur nuts, but I also realize he is a short-term guy, and guys like that (tough guys, pests, energy players you name it) I just believe they are much better BEFORE they get money - then once they get it.

As for softer...they do not have names, but they have some guys I am really looking forward to see getting a bigger shot.

Fritsche sounds like the prototypical Devil...and Callahan isn't far behind.

Dan Fritsche - Displays plenty of two-way potential. Owns grit and determination, excellent skating ability and a wealth of versatility. Shoulder problems continue to dog him, and might hamper his long-term development. As an Ohio native, expectations may be unrealistic with the Jackets. Two-way forward.

Ryan Callahan - Is tenacious on the forecheck and a very hard worker. Also owns a decent pair of hands and defensive acumen. Can play either wing position. The jury is still out on his long-range offensive potential at the highest level. Could use more size and strength to dominate in the corners. Third line winger.

this is a real cold world we live in where this yutz is making 4 million dollars a year. this idiot gives all hockey players a bad name.

ATTN: NHL committee-

the problem with hockey isn't lack of goals, or whatever you think it may be, it's right here in dallas, texas; Sean Avery. fvck this guy