Summer Devils sightings

SC Devs Fan

I didn't see him, but I did speak briefly with Jim Dowd on the phone. He called my newspaper because his annual High School All-Star hockey game is coming up.

For anyone interested, it's gonna be played on August 10 at the Red Bank Armory. Every year he chooses a new charity for all proceeds to benefit, and this year's is a really heartbreaking one. While visiting his mother's grave on Mother's Day with his children, Randy Marks suffered a fatal heart attack while his children watched helplessly. Proceeds go to help alleviate the mounting costs of his passing and also to help his widow raise their six children. Tickets cost $10.

As for Dowd, he couldn't have been a nicer guy on the phone. Normally I have to deal with a bunch of yahoos on the phone, so imagine my surprise when the person on the other line said, "Hey, this is Jimmy Dowd." He's very passionate about this game and the causes that it goes to benefit. He also said he's going to be sitting down the Flyers in the near future to discuss whether or not he'll be coming back. He's pretty realistic about the fact that he's getting older and his opportunities to keep playing may be approaching slim to none, but he wants to play.

I didn't see him, but I did speak briefly with Jim Dowd on the phone. He called my newspaper because his annual High School All-Star hockey game is coming up.

For anyone interested, it's gonna be played on August 10 at the Red Bank Armory. Every year he chooses a new charity for all proceeds to benefit, and this year's is a really heartbreaking one. While visiting his mother's grave on Mother's Day with his children, Randy Marks suffered a fatal heart attack while his children watched helplessly. Proceeds go to help alleviate the mounting costs of his passing and also to help his widow raise their six children. Tickets cost $10.

As for Dowd, he couldn't have been a nicer guy on the phone. Normally I have to deal with a bunch of yahoos on the phone, so imagine my surprise when the person on the other line said, "Hey, this is Jimmy Dowd." He's very passionate about this game and the causes that it goes to benefit. He also said he's going to be sitting down the Flyers in the near future to discuss whether or not he'll be coming back. He's pretty realistic about the fact that he's getting older and his opportunities to keep playing may be approaching slim to none, but he wants to play.

i played in that game last year. jim dowd is the man.

Neat story. It is good to see Dowd so involved in high school hockey.

I saw retired Devil Scott Stevens. He was the instructor at my hockey camp. I also saw Jan Ludvig. I know Zack Parise, Chico Rechic, Can Janssen, and Patrick Elias were instructing other weeks.

Well???? What did you learn? How was he as a teacher? Think he'd make a decent coach? Was he tough, funny, smart, lame, kinda dumb? Tell what the camp was like - yeesh.

Thanks for the info. I went last year, fun times.

He just hosts it. The game itself is a high school all-star game that pits Monmouth County's best against Ocean County's.

This year they're missing some of the best skaters. But who cares..it's a great thing that Dowd is doing.

I saw retired Devil Scott Stevens. He was the instructor at my hockey camp. I also saw Jan Ludvig. I know Zack Parise, Chico Rechic, Can Janssen, and Patrick Elias were instructing other weeks.

Ice Vault camp?

I wasn't there, but my friend called me when he saw Patrik Elias picking up his girlfriend from some office building. He said "Patrik!" and Elias looked over and nodded and said "Hey!" Supposedly, Patrik was wearing tight pink shorts. ... I don't know what that was about, some Euro fashion maybe?

Thank you... thank you for that visual I really even needed today... :doh1:

and that's his wife... :unsure: well... unless, you know, it was his girlfriend and his wife was back in the Czech Republic :noclue:

I want a gross deep fried chicken patty - from a roadside ice cream stand!!! With lettuce tomato and mayo and a bun I can dissect!

Thank you... thank you for that visual I really even needed today... :doh1:

and that's his wife... :unsure: well... unless, you know, it was his girlfriend and his wife was back in the Czech Republic :noclue:

I want a gross deep fried chicken patty - from a roadside ice cream stand!!! With lettuce tomato and mayo and a bun I can dissect!

The girl he was with had dark hair, if that helps. ... Sorry 'bout the visual. :evil:

I wasn't there, but my friend called me when he saw Patrik Elias picking up his girlfriend from some office building. He said "Patrik!" and Elias looked over and nodded and said "Hey!" Supposedly, Patrik was wearing tight pink shorts. ... I don't know what that was about, some Euro fashion maybe?

Tight pink shorts, eh? hmmmmm :yucky: