The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Speaking of great items...if anyone wants to add a 2003 Finals jersey to their collection, I will be posting two for sale on eBay over the next few days:

-Tommy Albelin red, with Stanley Cup Finals patch, worn in Game 3 and Game 4 of the 2003 Finals (MeiGray LOA, high-res photo reference included)

-Oleg Tverdovsky red, with Stanley Cup Finals patch, worn in Game 3 and Game 4 of the 2003 Finals (MeiGray LOA, high-res photo reference included)

If anyone is interested, message me and maybe we can work something out before I list them on eBay and gameworn.net.

Admittedly, they're not the most desirable jersey of the three pictured in the photo below...but still a neat piece of Devils playoff history.

2053292AlbelinTverdovskyGame3_zps17ad3cd

Sick jerseys!  If I did not go on an outlandish spending spree as of late, I may have been tempted   :doh1:

Sick jerseys!  If I did not go on an outlandish spending spree as of late, I may have been tempted   :doh1:

Same here lol.  I was saving up for something that eventually fell through and instead got the Asham, Friesen and another jersey that I pulled the trigger on yesterday with that $.

Saw this jersey posted on Gameworn and just thought it was funny:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARTIN-BRODEUR-30-NJ-DEVILS-game-worn-autographed-jersey-/301533225488?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4634c7e210#ht_120wt_922

I actually first saw this jersey on eBay about 3 weeks ago.  I knew the seller was full and the jersey is obviously not game worn in any way but just to humor myself I sent him a message asking what sort of evidence or provenance does he have proving it is game worn.  His response:

"I live in Newark and was given to a family member after a game here at the Arena
But I i will check and let u know"

He never got back to me but love the old "family member got it from the player".  What a putz.

I think I prefer it that way. It's nice to have people who share the same passion as others and you can trust them. Definitely nothing wrong with that!

Me too. Almost every COA has someone I know or Bob West's name on there. It's good and kinda fun to see who has owned it. I know my Friesen jersey has been previously owned by at least two forum members here lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet!  I was thinking of maybe doing the Meigray trade deadline grab bag for that 1 in 30 chance to get the $3500 credit but the buy-in was way too high and the "loser" bags didn't excite me much.  If I won the $3500 credit I was thinking about using it on this jersey that I saw a month or so ago on the website but it looks like you already snatched it up lol.

Any decent wear on it?  Kind of looks like it does.

Sweet!  I was thinking of maybe doing the Meigray trade deadline grab bag for that 1 in 30 chance to get the $3500 credit but the buy-in was way too high and the "loser" bags didn't excite me much.  If I won the $3500 credit I was thinking about using it on this jersey that I saw a month or so ago on the website but it looks like you already snatched it up lol.

Any decent wear on it?  Kind of looks like it does.

Yeah, I couldn't resist getting it, haha. Had to sell some nice stuff to make it work (those Stanley Cup jerseys I posted about above are gone), and I had a coupon from the Black Friday/Holiday Sale, which also helped, but I'm glad I got it.

The wear is very light overall, but I got this one for the name on the back more than anything else. There are a few distinguishing marks (one on the arm and one on the chest) that make for easy photo matches though. I have it matched to 4 games so far. I'll post a few of the matches later.

Edited by JWomp

Yeah, I couldn't resist getting it, haha. Had to sell some nice stuff to make it work (those Stanley Cup jerseys I posted about above are gone), and I had a coupon from the Black Friday/Holiday Sale, which also helped, but I'm glad I got it.

The wear is very light overall, but I got this one for the name on the back more than anything else. There are a few distinguishing marks (one on the arm and one on the chest) that make for easy photo matches though. I have it matched to 4 games so far. I'll post a few of the matches later.

Very nice and yeah I don't blame you for nabbing it.  Did you happen to sell those two cup jerseys to who I think it is? lol

Great pick up and look forward to the matches!

Like I mentioned earlier, the wear is light, but there are a few distinct marks that make for easy matching. This one is probably my favorite match, from a 2-1 win over the Flyers on March 11, 2014. Jagr had an assist on the first goal and then later scored the game-winning goal. And I happened to be at this game, which is pretty cool.

AP%20105336919949_zpsamc609oh.jpg

Chest%20match%20boxes_zpsxr4gxb1i.jpg

Comparison%20final%20boxes_zpsxqecobf1.j

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent pick up on the Jagr!

And also its been now over a week since the 95 Alumni Game worn auctions ended and still haven't heard anything yet about when I can pick the jersey up (there was an option to do that instead of paying $30 for shipping).  Rep that I emailed and replied to me on Tuesday still hasn't replied since and this is after 2 follow up emails since.  If Meigray was running this I would be basking in the glow of my new gamer by now.

Wonder if the LOA is holding this up.

Edited by DevsMan84

Excellent pick up on the Jagr!

And also its been now over a week since the 95 Alumni Game worn auctions ended and still haven't heard anything yet about when I can pick the jersey up (there was an option to do that instead of paying $30 for shipping).  Rep that I emailed and replied to me on Tuesday still hasn't replied since and this is after 2 follow up emails since.  If Meigray was running this I would be basking in the glow of my new gamer by now.

Wonder if the LOA is holding this up.

I forgot the night they were ending, I wanted to snag a cheap one

Who did you end up getting?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.