The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

I forgot the night they were ending, I wanted to snag a cheap one

Who did you end up getting?

I got Driver.

Going through the auctions, looks like the same bidder won the Lemieux, MacLean, McKay and Niedermayer jersey lol.  Wish I had deep pockets like that.

Excellent pick up on the Jagr!

Thanks! 

For the first time in a while, the biggest "wants" on my list are crossed off. There's some stuff I'd love to get down the road (Mogilny jersey, 2000 Cup Finals jersey, Clemmensen jersey, Hedberg jersey, upgrade my Edge Elias and Edge Arnott to pre-Edge) but my top targets were Brodeur and Jagr and I managed to snag both within the last few months. Definitely need to take a bit of a break now, though, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how to post Pic but I just pick up my 2 new Jersey

1st one was Keith jersey Red set 2

2nd was Ken jersey from the alumni game

Yeah looking through the winners a couple weeks back saw that you got the daneyko and nice pick up. Picking up the one I won tomorrow finally.

What's crazy is someone won 4 of the jerseys. Same person won MacLean, McKay, Lemieux and I think the 4th was niedermayer. Spent like $3600 on the auction.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone grab anything in the retro auction last night? The prices got a little crazy on some of them I thought.

Yup got the Gelinas one. Saw you got the Ryder one which was a good value. I thought that Larsson and Severson were the best deals of the bunch. I thought mine was not bad either considering Gelinas went for $675 last year.

Gionta went for crazy money as expected. Craziest one was Elias game issued for $970. I really can't justify myself what is essentially a nearly $1000 customized authentic.

Surprised that Merrill went for that much as well, but he was the last auction to close and so it looked like a couple of bidders were desperate to grab abythinf which usually happens at the end of these jersey auctions.

Great pickup for you. There were some good deals on there. I wasn't too picky about the player. I just love that old style. If Kinkaid played in the game I would have went hard after that one.

Same here and my first choice was actually Harrold.  I thought him and Fraser would stay under $400.  When they start getting into the mid $400's I figured for a few dollars more I could at least get a more impactful player in Gelinas and was surprised when I won him for the price I did.  Figured he would have gotten at least $500.

I agree. I thought Harrold and Fraser would stay pretty low. I wanted Severson or Merrill but they got a little high for my blood at the moment. I gotta keep some cash to see if anything good will pop up in the Gamewornauctions auction soon and then there are a few on Meigray id like to get during the summer sale. I just really like the retro style and I thought Ryder was a good bargain at auction.

I agree. I thought Harrold and Fraser would stay pretty low. I wanted Severson or Merrill but they got a little high for my blood at the moment. I gotta keep some cash to see if anything good will pop up in the Gamewornauctions auction soon and then there are a few on Meigray id like to get during the summer sale. I just really like the retro style and I thought Ryder was a good bargain at auction.

I think Merrill went a little too high but Severson was a nice price.  I have no clue as to when gameworn auctions will start their spring auctions, but never found anything on there that compelled me to bid.  That and the 19.5% buyer's premium often keeps me away from there and Classic.

I looked through Meigray a couple weeks ago and really didn't anything there that I really wanted either.  There is a cheap one there that I am somewhat interested, but if I do not get it no big deal at all.  Between not seeing much for me on Meigray and usually nothing on gameworn that is why I went on this auction.  I am thinking of maybe sitting out next year's retro auctions, but who knows.

See I made a list of things I'm looking for. Jerseys from old games I went to and just some older players that I would like to add to the collection. Game worn sometimes has something's so I'm trying to stay positive that they might have a good one. That buyers fee is a killer though. But we shall see. I'll probably try again for one of the young defenseman next year in the retro jersey or start saving now to go head to head with the guy who scoops up all the Gionta jerseys haha

See I made a list of things I'm looking for. Jerseys from old games I went to and just some older players that I would like to add to the collection. Game worn sometimes has something's so I'm trying to stay positive that they might have a good one. That buyers fee is a killer though. But we shall see. I'll probably try again for one of the young defenseman next year in the retro jersey or start saving now to go head to head with the guy who scoops up all the Gionta jerseys haha

FWIW, the guy who won Gio's retro jersey uses the same handle as Brian Gionta's twitter.

Congrats on the retro jerseys guys! I was hoping to land the Josefson, Greene, or Schneider but it didn't work out. One of these years I'll get one...I used to have the 2010 Colin White but ended up selling it a while back.

Picked up my Gelly from Meigray on Monday to avoid the shipping costs (benefits of both living and working about 15 minutes from their offices).  I think the Gelly has lesser wear than the Greene retro night jersey I won last year.  Between that, Greene, and my Josefson SS jersey, the only wear I have is a small snot mark (Josefson) and a couple of little burns on the sleeves of the Greene (which I only noticed the other day when I finally replaced by broken closet light).

I was surprised that there was wear on my Ryder jersey seeing as he only played 11 minutes in the game. It's a small burn and paint transfer on the elbow but still. My Zidlicky from the last auction has no wear on it that I can find.

If you haven't done so yet, you gotta check out these photos of the Sharks equipment sale. This is how it's done! I've never been inside the Devils equipment sale (not a STH, so lines were way too long) but I wish they'd bring it back and do it like this:

http://gameworn.us/review-2015-san-jose-sharks-equipment-sale-wow/

*even the giant shark that the team uses for player intros can be purchased...for $290,000.

Edited by hoekster316

I saw the Sharks equipment sale. Very nice but some of the stuff they had were way overpriced. They can do that though since they market and sell their gamers themselves and don't use a dealer like Meigray.

Over the past couple of years I have had more than one person with the Devils tell me privately that the equipment sale is gone for good, and I believe them. That's both good and bad. Bad part is it used to be a fun event and the devils didn't tend to overprice the hell out of things. Good part is that since STH got first crack and it was also open to the public, a lot of people went there with the intent to later play amateur dealer and try to flip the stuff for insane amounts. The last sale I believe was in 2011 and I remember people trying to sell Kovy sticks for more than 3 times than what they bought them for to people waiting in line.

Unless the Devils move away from Meigray and market and sell their own gamers (seen evidence of this very recently) they will not have another equipment sale anytime soon.

If you haven't done so yet, you gotta check out these photos of the Sharks equipment sale. This is how it's done! I've never been inside the Devils equipment sale (not a STH, so lines were way too long) but I wish they'd bring it back and do it like this:

http://gameworn.us/review-2015-san-jose-sharks-equipment-sale-wow/

*even the giant shark that the team uses for player intros can be purchased...for $290,000.

That Sharks setup looks very similar to the way the Devils did it in 2008, 2009, and 2010 on the main rink, except the Sharks obviously did a much better job with crowd control (or these photos were taken before the doors opened to the public). I miss the Devils equipment sales. They were a ton of fun. The one at the practice rink in 2011 wasn't as good as the others on the main rink, but I'd still rather have them do it that way rather than not doing it at all anymore...

That Sharks setup looks very similar to the way the Devils did it in 2008, 2009, and 2010 on the main rink, except the Sharks obviously did a much better job with crowd control (or these photos were taken before the doors opened to the public). I miss the Devils equipment sales. They were a ton of fun. The one at the practice rink in 2011 wasn't as good as the others on the main rink, but I'd still rather have them do it that way rather than not doing it at all anymore...

The Sharks equipment sale was over 3 days.  Friday was only open to Suite ticket holders and Corporate Sponsors.  Saturday was only open to STH.  Sunday was the only day open to the general public.  I hate that setup as even though I am a collector, I would fall into the Sunday crowd as I do not have STH either.  That sucks for me as there would most likely be slim pickings for me by Sunday and the other option is to go through STH who bought a ton to play amateur dealer later and sell for a huge markup.

Didn't see goalie and goalie equipment prices, but saw shells for $20, jocks for $5 (not kidding) and they had old authentic pre-edge jerseys for $50 for one, or two for $80 or three for $105.  Looks like they were selling everything from gamers to overstock of stuff from the team store as there are racks of premier jerseys shown in those pictures, including at least 1 entire rack of those Cross-Check fashion jerseys.

Most of the pictures are labeled as from the Friday which was only open to Suite ticket holders and corporate sponsors.  This is why the crowd doesn't look bad at all and the line outside is barely anything.  Saturday was open to all STH and that already looks like a mad house.  They didn't show pictures of Sunday which was open to the rest of the public, but I can imagine that was worse.

In some ways I do miss the Devils equipment sale and some ways I do not.  Just looking at pictures of what Saturday looks like at the Sharks equipment sale certainly doesn't make me miss the Devils equipment sale at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.