The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

ive wanted to check it out the last couple of weeks but its like a solid hour ride for me and i dont have any buddies that are into the whole game worn thing.. i think it would be torture if i dragged the girl to it lol

Oh it's definitely a sausage fest.  I am going alone this year since my gf is not interested and they are not giving away authentics with purchase of ticket so no need to pay for her ticket and then go home.

I know for sure there is 1 Devils collector going there who will have a table.  Good chance another collector will have a dealer table.  Usually Iceviolence (Hoagie) is there with a dealer table so he might be there but he wasn't there last year.  Barry usually puts out a list of tables/dealers a week or two before the expo so expect that soon. 

How big is it really? And how much are the tickets? Is it something to kind of go to by yourself walk around take a look at stuff and leave or would that be a strange type of thing? I feel like this is something that would be real "clicky"

How big is it really? And how much are the tickets? Is it something to kind of go to by yourself walk around take a look at stuff and leave or would that be a strange type of thing? I feel like this is something that would be real "clicky"

Tickets this year are $35.  Includes admission, a $50 off coupon for Meigray (not valid on Summer sale and other special deals and only valid on full price jerseys), and this year a Mike Bossy autograph instead of an authentic jersey.  Last year it was $30 and I got a Caps Edge 2.0 authentic.

The expo is at RVCC in Branchburg inside the conference center.  The conference center is not big at all and you could walk through it very slowly and be done in about 45 minutes.  Really unless you are a collector this would be boring and quick.  Below is a photo album of the 2010 expo and you can see it is not that big.  I actually think last year's was a bit smaller than in 2010.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/onetigerfan/sets/72157624407152491

Yeah I was lucky and was in front of a computer when they announced it. There were a couple of zidlicky jerseys for $149, a bunch of zharkovs for $99, a Carter for $99 and a fayne for $99. I think everything but the Zharkovs were sold out in the first 30 min.

Apparently from what I've been hearing most of the jerseys on discount were oilers, Dallas and Colorado.

Great prices on those jerseys in the sale. Even though I wasn't interested in any of those players (Carter, Zharkov, Fayne at $99), it was tempting to buy one just to take advantage of the deal. You can't even get a blank authentic jersey for that price, let alone a customized one or a game worn one.

I considered a Zidlicky at $149 but ended up passing. Would have done it at $99 in a heartbeat. 

Fun sale - hopefully they continue to do stuff like that to move out inventory of players they have many multiples of. 

Great prices on those jerseys in the sale. Even though I wasn't interested in any of those players (Carter, Zharkov, Fayne at $99), it was tempting to buy one just to take advantage of the deal. You can't even get a blank authentic jersey for that price, let alone a customized one or a game worn one.

I considered a Zidlicky at $149 but ended up passing. Would have done it at $99 in a heartbeat. 

Fun sale - hopefully they continue to do stuff like that to move out inventory of players they have many multiples of. 

Yeah it was fun and I am glad I was able to get a Zids for that price.  I was actually thinking of getting one of his for the Warehouse sale so now that's one less decision lol.

Was interesting some of the things that happened during the sale that made me laugh and shake my head.  If you ever want me to elaborate you can always PM me as I rather not say here.

• 1 month later...

If they go this route, the $3,000 Henrique jerseys will sit and collect multiple layers of dust

I really hope Fanatics does not get it. I heard Meigray already has had some discussions with the team. From what I understand they had it basically because of the relationship with Lou.

• 2 weeks later...

nice! iam looking for a parise but the only one i have seen available in a long while is the one currently on ebay..the guy wont really communicate with me and he is priced too high for me. Kind of bummed its looking like it wont work out but what can ya do.

So far just this year alone I have acquired the following jerseys:

97-98 Zelepukin white (carried over set 3/playoffs 96-97)

02-03 Friesen white set 3

03-04 Marshall red pre-season

05-06 Paul Martin white set 1 with JM patch

07-08 Asham Pru. Center Opening Night period 2 with Opening Night patch

09-10 Pandolfo white set 3 (photomatched)

10-11 Rolston white set 3

11-12 Carter white set 2 (worn in the bloody opening faceoff brawl against the Rangers on 3/19/15).  Photo and video matched.

11-12 Carter Niedermayer Retirement Night with 27 patch

11-12 Henrique preseason (# on jersey is 51)

11-12 Zidlicky red set 2 (he wore 2 of the red set 2's that year)

02-03 Bret Clouthier River Rats 10th Ann. GI jersey (the one where the main crest is the giant X that Lou refused to let them wear)

08-09 Travis Trenton Devils white set 1

1995 Stanley Cup Reunion alumni game worn Bruce Driver jersey (Indo-Edge jersey with Devils custom set tag sewn inside jersey and Devils LOA)

This year I have also sold the following jersey:

11-12 Zajac white set 2

This year I have acquired and them sold the following jersey:

14-15 Gelinas retro night

I have more jerseys, but these are just what I have gotten/sold since 1/1/15.

Edited by DevsMan84

Yeah. The seller told me you beat me with the same offer by 30 minutes. I was so heated haha

lol sorry when I saw it I immediately messaged the seller and was able to get it.  This jersey has changed hands at least 3 times by my count and has been in possession of at least 2 people on this board.  It was up on ebay back in either 2013 or 2014 and I lost out and immediately regretted not going after it harder.  This time I wasted no time and was able to snag it.

I also added a Zidlicky to my list that I forgot to add.  Picked that up in the Meigray flash sale they had.

my new one

Wedgewood pre season backup goalie stick as well

kinkaid 1st win 

ken alumni game worn 

Zajac meigray grab bag pulled

blank HHOF Patch

I remember you pulling that Zajac as well as at the warehouse sale where you got the HHOF patched jersey.

My main hope at the expo was to trade either my Zajac or Gelinas retro night jersey or both for a Devils jersey, but saw nothing that I was really interested in.  Maybe that Sestito finals jersey that the one guy had lol but I thought about it for a minute and decided not to even bother lol.

Those alumni game jerseys will only go up in value IMO.  Most people who bought them are not really game worn collectors and the type of people who see these as expensive souvenirs and will hang onto them forever.  I really don't want to give up my Driver for anything as if I do, I am afraid I won't see another one ever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.