The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Well, it definitely wasn't worn in 06-07 like the seller states!

I checked the MeiGray population report.

The jersey was worn in 03-04 and served as Bicek's set 1 and set 2 road white jersey. The date range from the start of set 1 to the end of set two was 10/8/03 to 3/15/04, so Bicek wore this jersey in a total of 7 games, picking up 1 assist in the process.

I checked the MeiGray population report.

The jersey was worn in 03-04 and served as Bicek's set 1 and set 2 road white jersey. The date range from the start of set 1 to the end of set two was 10/8/03 to 3/15/04, so Bicek wore this jersey in a total of 7 games, picking up 1 assist in the process.

Nice price regardless of wear. You cannot get a current player for that price, but then again, Bicek wasn't a key player.

• Like 2

Amazing some jerseys for sale (including mine) are still sitting around at the prices offered. I know the economy is bad, but a deal is a deal. :noclue:

Remember I had troulbe moving the Lags I had at $300.00. People nickled and dimed over it saying, "can you do $280. shipped?" It is very hard right now for a lot more people and it is going to get worse. I say hold-on to the stuff. It WILL get better...

• Like 2

When is the best time to shop Meigray? I got my first a few months ago (see old post) but Im jonesin to get a road jersey now, any tips on maximizing the lowest prices? Im not in a hurry, so waiting is not a problem i.e. if they have season ending sales or something.

When is the best time to shop Meigray? I got my first a few months ago (see old post) but Im jonesin to get a road jersey now, any tips on maximizing the lowest prices? Im not in a hurry, so waiting is not a problem i.e. if they have season ending sales or something.

Wait for a sale. Or shop on the game worn forums when people post MeiGray items. You'll most definitely get the item(s) cheaper than you can buy it on their site. Next definite sale is the summer sale... Check other dealers as well. They sell MeiGray items too.

• Like 2

Every year Meigray has a summer sale that coincides with their GW Convention (can't think of what it is called....I'm suffering from partztimers disease!), and is usually around 50% off, or buy 1 get 1 free, etc.. If you need, you will be able to "team up" with someone if it is a buy 1/get 1 deal.

Be patient........better prices are to be had.

Mike Martin

KC Devil

unknown poster Here is a deal... I hope you are bidding on it. I would suspect none of the guys on the forum here are after it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Jay-Pandolfo-New-Jersey....m14&_trkpa

Good luck pal. I hope you get it. Figured you saw it, but never know...

I might be in.... but I don't want to foul-up unknown poster

• Like 1

I might be in.... but I don't want to foul-up unknown poster

See...that's class right there. Just when i think about giving up on this hobby, i see something like that and it gives me hope that there are people that respect someone else's collecting focus. Trust me this hobby has no honor among thieves lately.

Much appeciated LA and i don't forget things like that.

• Like 2

No disrespect unknown poster but as you know WE collect Pando also. Anyhoo it looks like a cool jersey, but I'm not going to get to crazy over it.

Who is "WE" are you a collective like the Borg? Oh, wait, you have twin eh? A twiner if you know Stephen King...

• Like 2

DevilinLA is that who you collect? Let me know is on your list? Contact me off here if you can as well. Love to chat sometime.

I collect Pando stuff mainly as I grew up watching him in MASS.

Also a fan of Holik, but I have a widespread focus if something strikes my fancy.

Been anxious to get an Opening Night jersey as well, but I'm not going to pay through the nose for NNOB.

Feel free to PM me anytime, I'd love to talk more.

As far unknown poster, man you've been at this longer than me, and I respect that.

Additionally, you've been real helpful with info and tips. As the auction goes on let me know if you lose interest or decide against it, then I'd think about getting invovled.

• Like 1

Anybody grab baggin it?

I've done it once before and was not happy with the jerseys that were sent out. I ended up with a Joel kwiakowski jersey.

The Ovie jersey would be a steal, but I think I'll wait for the Brodeur (hopefully)

I will never grab bag again either, although I feel fortunate that I got a Dandenault, Habs with a good photomatch. Honestly, I think this is the stuff that MeiGray can't move due to the economy, the costs, and/or lack of wear. If I got a high ender (except for the Ovechkin), I'd move it. I remember when they had a Kariya in the Grab Bag and it had little wear on it, but yet they wanted $2999 for it. As "Shaggy" would say, "Zoinks!"

I really like MeiGray and their standards, but I sometimes have a hard time with the favortism of past collectors getting items that many new collectors want as well. Let's take an instance as what happened last season with Langenbrunner. The guy is hurt and then on the 3rd of December is named Captain. I race to email them requesting the sweater and find out that I am first to contact them. However, two other collectors that have bought from them in past have requested the VERY first "C" of each new captain of the Devils. So I get knocked down the list even though I am first to contact them. Not happy, but I eventually get offered a third set pick.

Personally I think this is wrong and created a huge headache for them and probably why the preorder process takes so long. They have to figure out this tangled web that they created on who gets what and when did they make the initial request (yesterday or five years ago). I've said this many times in person, on the forums and to MeiGray, but this is Barry Meisel's choice. I don't like it, but I will continue to buy from MeiGray.

In addition, I think the sales he has made have really changed the buying patterns of the people. KC Devil and I spoke at length on this several times in stating that people wait for the sales to buy. Not a lot of people buy during the non-sale periods and wait for a GOOD Sale. 10-25% isn't good in my opinion and I shall label these sales as "Bobby Wild West Sales". "Significant savings" were promised, but under impressed... wait, I mean extremely disappointed with him or MeiGray's dealings with him. However, that subject is best left for another thread. But back with the sales. The summer sale has yet to make me WANT to buy much. To date, I've spent $100.00 I believe. I bought a pair of gloves and two pairs of Devils socks. The way the past sales have worked makes you have to go in with someone to split the costs, but you have to find someone who is going to split the exact same dollar figure for it to work. So that creates difficulty. The sale isn't announced until the day of the expo so you have no idea how much or little the sale will be. It forces me NOT to participate as I cannot tell what the sale will be. I hardly figure knowing a week before the event or even two weeks would cause that much of a problem as MeiGray closes for a couple days to a week to do inventory and price items. Last year a senior memeber of MeiGray's staff asked me specifically what I thought of the sale (because that person noticed like many of us did...that not much was moving). I told them that while MeiGray's sales were generous (because they do not have to have one), it wasn't what collectors like myself and others were looking for. We (some collectors) are frugal with our money and I'd rather pay $900.00 for an 1987-88 Devils with great wear than for an Elias/Parise with minimal stick marks. The new Edge sweaters offer me as a collector ZERO. Last year the Devils stuff at the sale had virtually no wear (unknown poster please feel free to chime in). Then when I did spot a Lags or somebody with wear it was a Bobby West Special Return and not on sale. I'd rather let his stuff sit personally because I have a lot of anomosity with that guy.

With this summer's sale approaching faster than I can save, I'm holding onto the cash I have for the Devils Draft Day sale. THe potential to get something I want, is affordible and MeiGray doesn't have it are all there. You cannot get Shanahan, Parise, or Rolstons gloves at MeiGray (well, there is a pair of Rolston gloves there for $250.00, but I asked last year if the seller would take $150.00 and they didn't even bother asking the seller, they said, "$225.00 is as low as we'll go") Helmets, sticks, gloves, and such that you can get nowhere else. MeiGray will have all those sweaters as I do not think any Stimulus cheque or grand economic turn-around will put any more money in our pockets sadly. I think the economy is going to get a little worse yet before it gets better. Personally, I'm thankful to have a job even if it sucks. Buying MeiGray stuff second-hand seems the smartest way to get a deal. If they want the summer sale to really be good this year... 1/2 off any sweater (including Brodeur) is the only way to go. That intense perceived savings is huge and will sucker many people including myself into buy from them as opposed to having my sights set on the Devils Draft Day Sale.

After tonights win versus the Bruins, I want the Langenbrunner Set II White; however, I will NOT pay $750.00 (plus shipping) like I did last year for it. I wouldn't mind another Elias or Parise either, but NO way am I going to spend $1200 on either of their items either regardless of the wear they might have (or most likely not). So, I'd have to wait until 2010's sale to get either of these items at a cheaper price and by then (let's face it), I'd have most likely found something else and skipped over them. MeiGray makes the summer sale items from the current year only 25% off so the items are still pricy. The buy two get one at half off was last year's sale and I do not think much has moved since it.

Personally, I'm at a loss in terms of dealing with MeiGray. I would love to buy more, but not at those prices. Buying from people like Milt and trading second-hand is the way to go. The Lags I have with the "C" is the last MeiGray purchase I made and I cannot speak for the future. I cannot see them lowering prices and think no matter what those prices are here to stay and will only go up in the future.

Again, I love what they stand for and their selection, but pricing is not there for a growing number of people. What will the future hold? Buy one get one free? That would be fantastic. Although I won't hold my breath.

DevilinLA,

I'll Contact you via PM sooner than later to chat.

• Like 1

As for meigray, I am fed up now as I was last year with the long wait to pre order.

I suspect one of three things has led to the long delay in order:

1)They are THAT FAR BEHIND. Either it is due to all the other company interests that they are involved in such as the Winter Classic, Basketball, Shea Stadium, and All Star Games. The overall perception of them of late is that they are "spread too thin". No one there will support the claim, but before Christmas and going back to late summer, communications with them and collectors was minimal from what I hear. Current communication has definitely improved and they may be "catching up".

2)They might be waiting to see how Shanahan, Rolston, Parise, and Elias play before pricing their items. Obviously the longer they wait the longer the can evaluate each player and price them accordingly. Is this the year Rolston sweaters are a $1000.00? Or Elias/Parise are over $1600.00? Or perhaps Shanahan Devils items are priced through the roof as the last "hurrah" for the NHL and only a few Devils gamers will make the hobby? Only time will tell, but I suspect there is an issue the Devils items in particular to not have done them already.

3) EDITED because it was a rumor and even thought I stated it as being just a rumor, I am critizied for it.

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

As for meigray, I am fed up now as I was last year with the long wait to pre order.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that they don't have the Devils up there yet. Not that I would ever pay full price for one of them, but it's nice to see what's available so I can start dreaming about what might be left for the 2010 summer sale!

I will never grab bag again either, although I feel fortunate that I got a Dandenault, Habs with a good photomatch. Honestly, I think this is the stuff that MeiGray can't move due to the economy, the costs, and/or lack of wear. If I got a high ender (except for the Ovechkin), I'd move it. I remember when they had a Kariya in the Grab Bag and it had little wear on it, but yet they wanted $2999 for it. As "Shaggy" would say, "Zoinks!"

The Ovechkin grab bag is great for whoever ends up with the Ovechkin jersey, but I'd say there's going to be 49 very disappointed people. Even if it were for a Brodeur, I can't say for sure if I'd buy in. The shot at a Brodeur would be incredible, but the odds are none of us would win it.

With this summer's sale approaching faster than I can save, I'm holding onto the cash I have for the Devils Draft Day sale. THe potential to get something I want, is affordible and MeiGray doesn't have it are all there. You cannot get Shanahan, Parise, or Rolstons gloves at MeiGray

I agree completely. I'll be saving my money for the Draft Party. That's definitely the way to go, and if I need to be there at the crack of dawn to be first in line with you guys, I will be. I'd love to get my hands on Shanahan, Rolston, and Parise sticks and a pair of gloves or two.

Buying MeiGray stuff second-hand seems the smartest way to get a deal.

Without a doubt, but in my opinion this is nothing new. I've never paid more than $350 to MeiGray for a jersey. Of my 8 or so jerseys, only 2 have come directly from MeiGray, and both were heavily discounted. I've picked up the others for dirt cheap compared to the retail at MeiGray.

If they want the summer sale to really be good this year... 1/2 off any sweater (including Brodeur) is the only way to go. That intense perceived savings is huge and will sucker many people including myself into buy from them as opposed to having my sights set on the Devils Draft Day Sale.

I really do think there will be some deals to be had at MeiGray this summer. Last summer SUCKED because the 06-07 jerseys were basically all owned by Bob West and therefore not eligible to be discounted. This time around, the 07-08 jerseys should be 50% off or Buy One Get One Free, and luckily, there's a lot of them in stock.

Still, even at 50% off, I might just save my money for the Devils Draft Party anyway. Don't get me wrong, 50% off of MeiGray's retail pricing is a very attractive deal, but there are comparable or even better deals to be had out there from other collectors.

Edited by JWomp

Yeah, it's ridiculous that they don't have the Devils up there yet. Not that I would ever pay full price for one of them, but it's nice to see what's available so I can start dreaming about what might be left for the 2010 summer sale!

The Ovechkin grab bag is great for whoever ends up with the Ovechkin jersey, but I'd say there's going to be 49 very disappointed people. Even if it were for a Brodeur, I can't say for sure if I'd buy in. The shot at a Brodeur would be incredible, but the odds are none of us would win it.

I agree completely. I'll be saving my money for the Draft Party. That's definitely the way to go, and if I need to be there at the crack of dawn to be first in line with you guys, I will be. I'd love to get my hands on Shanahan, Rolston, and Parise sticks and a pair of gloves or two.

Without a doubt, but in my opinion this is nothing new. I've never paid more than $350 to MeiGray for a jersey. Of my 8 or so jerseys, only 2 have come directly from MeiGray, and both were heavily discounted. I've picked up the others for dirt cheap compared to the retail at MeiGray.

I really do think there will be some deals to be had at MeiGray this summer. Last summer SUCKED because the 06-07 jerseys were basically all owned by Bob West and therefore not eligible to be discounted. This time around, the 07-08 jerseys should be 50% off or Buy One Get One Free, and luckily, there's a lot of them in stock.

Still, even at 50% off, I might just save my money for the Devils Draft Party anyway. Don't get me wrong, 50% off of MeiGray's retail pricing is a very attractive deal, but there are comparable or even better deals to be had out there from other collectors.

I've contemplated the Devils leaving MeiGray and truthfully I cannot tell if it would beneficial or not. I see the problems with the Hawks and Habs and think none of them would want that (except with the Devils I can see this happening as they find ways of making things more difficult than need be). Who knows what the pricing would be, but the Red Wings operate a pretty nice system so???

Wait, I just reread the grab-bag info... So the Ovechkin was worn for ONLY one game (3 April 2007) in his second season? Was it to be a "chop" sweater for the hockey card industry? And the percieved value is $7500.00? Call me crazy, but I definitely WANT no part of this auction. It really makes no sense to even get involved.

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.