The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Mike, didn't I sell you a bunch of sticks a few years back? Anyway, I will be there, but I have not secured tickets yet (and the game is sold out). Let's keep in touch and see what happens. Do you catch all of the midwest games? I had a conflict and missed St. Louis, but I did see them against the Wings earlier this season.

Ben,

I was at Detroit and St. Louis this year. My wife and I have our first child, now 16 months old, so our traveling for the Devs has slowed quite a bit. I usually catch about 8 games a year, but this year, it will be the 3 midwest. We have followed up the West Coast, done the Florida/Tampa/Atlanta run, and the Chicago/St. Louis/Nashville tour in the past. Sprinkle in some trips to the Meadowlands and The Rock, coupled with a MSG run, and it has been a pretty good run over the last 3 years. Also did 3 games at the Igloo, and 1 each in Columbus, Minnesota and Colorado.

I hope you get to go to Chicago. Nice arena and very good environment. I know I bought a group of sticks from someone on the forum about 3 years ago, but do not remember for sure who it was. I am definitely getting old, as my memory has gone to sh!t.

Yell at me later as the date gets closer and let me know if you secured tix. There are some on E-Bay, although SOME of them get a little steep!

Take care,

Mike Martin

KC Devil

I know I bought a group of sticks from someone on the forum about 3 years ago, but do not remember for sure who it was. I am definitely getting old, as my memory has gone to sh!t.

I think you are the elder statesmen of the group by a good ten to twelve years... I think you have some years on Joe Paterno don't you? :giggle:

Not that I can change it, but I've traded my 97-98 Jason Arnott Red Set (With A removed) for an 01-02 Daneyko White Set 1 with good repair and marks. Thoughts? I personally thought it was a good deal.

As far as I am concerned.....a STEAL!

I think you are the elder statesmen of the group by a good ten to twelve years... I think you have some years on Joe Paterno don't you? :giggle:

and......about 4-5 inches on you!!!!!! :giggle:

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Thoughts?

If this were 1999, you just got ripped off ($1500 vs $500). But is is 2009 and that's a fair deal. Plus that 01-02 set is great for wear. I have a Holik from it thats destroyed.

Not that I can change it, but I've traded my 97-98 Jason Arnott Red Set (With A removed) for an 01-02 Daneyko White Set 1 with good repair and marks. Thoughts? I personally thought it was a good deal.

Glad to see this worked out for you Matt, nice pickup!

and......about 4-5 inches on you!!!!!! :giggle:

Mike Martin

KC Devil

I suspect only two inches since I'm 6'2", but I'd rather not find out in a bad way!

Personally, I can't believe my luck. I've always thought the removed "A's" and "C's" lowered the values on sweater, but maybe not. The collector I've traded with has always been fair and I've done more deals with him than anyone else (even you Mike!)

I'll post pictures as soon as I get the Daneyko! Very excited and hope to see possible unknown poster at the Devils game on the 17th!? Are you going man?

I had an idea tonight and it worked well.

GameWornJerseys.com has a chat room reserved on Wednesday for chatting. The rest of the time it sits open and UNUSED. I suggest on Tuesday or Thursdays at 8 or 9PM EST we could meet in there to talk hockey. There is no charge and we can basically chat Devils for as long as we want with no interuption. I don't think anyone would care either. Tonight I wanted to chat with Jordan so we met in there and saved money versus using the phone. No problems.

If you guys are game, let's set up next Thursday to do this as I'll be at the Rock on Tuesday and would love to meet up with any of you guys. I took off the next day if you want to go out afterwords, trade cards, talk, or meet the players for autographs. But back on subject. Next Thursday (March 19th) at 8:00PM I'll be in the chat room room. Thought it would be fun and a learning experience.

Who's in?

I wonder how many jerseys Marty is going to wear tonight. They showed on tsn.ca that he already has around 8 sticks prepared. Some are for the Hall of Fame, the others are probably for his family and friends.

Boy would it suck if they lost tonight.

I wonder how many jerseys Marty is going to wear tonight. They showed on tsn.ca that he already has around 8 sticks prepared. Some are for the Hall of Fame, the others are probably for his family and friends.

Boy would it suck if they lost tonight.

Do you have a link to the article that mentioned the sticks? I'd love to read it.

Thanks!

From Gulitti's blog:

Brodeur said he used three sticks and wore three different jerseys -- one for each period -- during Tuesday's win. He said he has all three sticks back in New Jersey and at least one of the jerseys. As of this afternoon, the Hall of Fame had not requested anything from him, but he said they would probably go through general manager Lou Lamoriello first.

"So, I've got these things," Brodeur said. "I know the jerseys, I don't know how they split them up, but I know I have one. I'm not going to have all three of them. But the sticks are mine, so I'll decide what I do with them."

Brodeur did not use three different sticks or jerseys in the record-tying game in Montreal.

"I just didn't want to jinx it," he said. "I said for the last game, 'let's do it.' Somebody was switching (the jerseys) for me, so I don't even remember that I was doing it."

Brodeur also has the net that he cut off the goal at the end of the game.

Don't know if you guys saw it, but there's a 97-98 white set 1 Sheldon Souray jersey up on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D1&_rdc=1

Saw the sweater... Know the owner... If you want to make an offer let me know. He might take it off EBAY if you really want it and can send cash now.

Also apparently the net Brodeur cut is "missing" or is it the other one he didn't cut... hmm!!!! Good luck trying to move that!

Don't know if you guys saw it, but there's a 97-98 white set 1 Sheldon Souray jersey up on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D1&_rdc=1

Saw the sweater... Know the owner... If you want to make an offer let me know. He might take it off EBAY if you really want it and can send cash now.

Also apparently the net Brodeur cut is "missing" or is it the other one he didn't cut... hmm!!!! Good luck trying to move that!

It is??? Where did you hear this? In Tom Gulitti's blog, he wrote that Marty was in possession of it.

Matt, busy night for me but I'll to message you tomorrow.

Greetings all - Thought I would post an introduction after lurking here for a bit. I've had the chance to email with JWomp, unknown poster, and KC Devil, all outstanding guys. I've been an NJD fan since the early 90s, and a collector for about a year. Also have the pleasure of working about two blocks from the Rock and holding season tickets in, you guessed it, Section 227.

Plan to be active here and on the forum and hope to talk with everyone soon. Best, Paul

Greetings all - Thought I would post an introduction after lurking here for a bit. I've had the chance to email with JWomp, unknown poster, and KC Devil, all outstanding guys. I've been an NJD fan since the early 90s, and a collector for about a year. Also have the pleasure of working about two blocks from the Rock and holding season tickets in, you guessed it, Section 227.

Plan to be active here and on the forum and hope to talk with everyone soon. Best, Paul

Greetings Paul... Make time for tomorrow night if you wish at 8PM... (Scroll up and read if you are confused). Hope you can make it.

Edited by Chorske17

Paul,

Welcome aboard and thanks for the kind words. You'll find we're all an affable bunch that love the hobby and enjoy talking about it and always welcome a new collector. More people to buy, sell, trade the better!

I've already done a deal with Paul and another this week and he's top notch, so don't hesitate to deal with him!

Ken

Where can we see Paul's "STASH of STUFF"...

Well, my Sykora is headed his way...thanks again Paul! Glad to see you joined the forum.

Thanks guys - this is exactly the type of encouragement I need to REALLY fuel this addiction! Started working on some photos of the small collection and hope to have something posted by the weekend.

Thanks guys - this is exactly the type of encouragement I need to REALLY fuel this addiction! Started working on some photos of the small collection and hope to have something posted by the weekend.

Don't forget gang... 8:00PM on on the GW Jerseys...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.