The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Speaking of Chorske...have a look in the want ads section of the forum. I think you'll find Dixon's newest want to your interest.....

I don't trust the guy period and I highly doubt anything he could offer would warrant a trade. He tried to buy it back several months ago and whoever the seller was didn't bite. I've told him countless times I wanted that Chorske and it would be an easy trade for me. However, what makes this time any different? How is it suddenly available. I'll see if I can track down the original post he sent out.

Besides I MIGHT have a possible deal down the road for a Chorske. That is all I can say. However, if not I'm thinking of selling off all my Chorske sweaters.

Edited by Chorske17

The heritage auction lots are posted although they are no open for bidding yet. Looks like there are only 4 Devils jerseys from Captain D-bags collection. Gomez white finals, Niedermayer, Andreychuck, and Rafalski. Here is a link

http://sports.ha.com/common/auction/previe...ue&SaleNo=0

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. He told me ALL of his Devils would be in the auction. Maybe they haven't gotten around to listing them all yet...there are still a few days before bidding begins.

Nice collection. The Madden looks nice and dirty! :dance:

"Dirty" like Christina Aguilera? :giggle:

To date, I've heard nothing from Mr. Dixon concerning the post. Personally, I don't think he has a Chorske or has one on the way. I think it is all mental games.

I wonder what kind of trouble I'd cause if I posted in the want ads "WANTED Kevin Todd Gamers". Nah, I best keep my nose clean.

Edited by Chorske17

Got a new gamer in the mail today! Bobby Holik 01-02 set 1. Any photomatching help would be great.

I have the white twin to this shirt. Same shoulder burns and details, too! ;) I'll let you konw if I come accross anything, and hopefully you will do the same. Oh, and mind has a cool red-on-white sleve repair that should be easy. Ben

Who's LOA is with the jersey? Who owned it previous? I'm not up on Rats jerseys, so is it a legit one?

He's a bright one isn't he? lol

All but positive their is NO LOA. Jordan had it and got it so he would be the one to ask. I would like MeiGray to look at it though. I don't doubt it real, but it is awfully beat-up. Someone should inquire how he knows it is game worn, I am 99% sure their is NO LOA...

Oh and... Just because he works for the police does not make you a cop...or a good one! :rofl:

Edited by Chorske17

As you guys mentioned, can we really be surprised he's trying to flip it already?

There wasn't an LOA with the jersey. I saw it on eBay and made the seller an offer, which he obviously accepted. The story I was told was that the seller was a Rats season ticket holder and he won it from the booster club in an auction that season.

The jersey was definitely torn up quite a bit and I hate that I had to let it go, especially to him. But, it was a pivotal move towards the Gionta, which really is a grail of mine and will be the favorite item in my collection for years to come, if not forever.

Back to the jersey in question...Dixon thinks Brylin wore it over two seasons, but I don't think that's the case. Based on the Bauer tagging, it was worn in 96-97. I don't believe it was worn in 97-98, because AHL jerseys that season had a PHPA anniversaty patch sewn on the back, and there was no evidence of that patch being sewn on at any point. It was definitely not worn in 95-96 either. They didn't use Bauer jerseys then, Brylin wasn't on the team that year, and, there is no sign of a nameplate change to suggest someone else may have worn it.

Everything about the jersey is consistant with other Rats gamers I've come across and researched from that time. I have absolutely no doubts it's the real deal, and I'm sure MeiGray would agree, but I didn't want to spend the $75 to have MeiGray authenticate it, especially since I knew there was a good chance I'd be selling it down the road, which I did.

I'm disappointed it didn't end up with someone who would truly appreciate it, but that's what I get for making a quick 170% profit on it.

Hey everyone, already got my first game worn this year (thanks 3cupsn9) was wondering if anyone else has any gamers for sale. Already looked on ebay, and if no one has anything on here will probably go straight to meigray, but wanted to see if anyone had anything on here first.

thanks!

As you guys mentioned, can we really be surprised he's trying to flip it already?

There wasn't an LOA with the jersey. I saw it on eBay and made the seller an offer, which he obviously accepted. The story I was told was that the seller was a Rats season ticket holder and he won it from the booster club in an auction that season.

The jersey was definitely torn up quite a bit and I hate that I had to let it go, especially to him. But, it was a pivotal move towards the Gionta, which really is a grail of mine and will be the favorite item in my collection for years to come, if not forever.

Back to the jersey in question...Dixon thinks Brylin wore it over two seasons, but I don't think that's the case. Based on the Bauer tagging, it was worn in 96-97. I don't believe it was worn in 97-98, because AHL jerseys that season had a PHPA anniversaty patch sewn on the back, and there was no evidence of that patch being sewn on at any point. It was definitely not worn in 95-96 either. They didn't use Bauer jerseys then, Brylin wasn't on the team that year, and, there is no sign of a nameplate change to suggest someone else may have worn it.

Everything about the jersey is consistant with other Rats gamers I've come across and researched from that time. I have absolutely no doubts it's the real deal, and I'm sure MeiGray would agree, but I didn't want to spend the $75 to have MeiGray authenticate it, especially since I knew there was a good chance I'd be selling it down the road, which I did.

I'm disappointed it didn't end up with someone who would truly appreciate it, but that's what I get for making a quick 170% profit on it.

Hello Goalieguy! Welcome to our hobby.

Jordan, I also did some research last night and found the same findings on the PHPA anniversary patch. Was there any evidence it was removed (although doutful)? I love how the current seller (best to refer to him like this) just knows it "HAD" to be worn more than one season. My only other thought was that it could have been recycled in 97-98 for him, but I don't think so either. I didn't look to see what the sweaters looked like then or who made them. Love to find out the facts and then post them over there. Does the seller know how you came to acquire it?

Hey everyone, already got my first game worn this year (thanks 3cupsn9) was wondering if anyone else has any gamers for sale. Already looked on ebay, and if no one has anything on here will probably go straight to meigray, but wanted to see if anyone had anything on here first.

thanks!

If you can be patient enough, I would wait until the MeiGray summer sale. Last year, 07-08 jerseys were 20% off, and previous seasons were 40% or buy one get one free.

This year, I'm sure 08-09 jerseys will be at least 20% off (if not more) again, as well as jerseys from 07-08 and prior being 40-50% off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.