The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Well let me know if you would want to add it to your collection! ;)

What brand Langenbrunner stick are you talking about? I can help in the photo hunt if you'd like.

JORDAN,

I'll take photos and post. I also have a wood stick (prehistoric eh?) of his... Same with other players I collect. I still need an Elias gloves and a Parise stick... Hmm... Where could I acquire them. Something tells me sometime in June? Perhaps? I'll post pictures of my gloves/sticks by this weekend. I'm going to refocus my collection somewhat. Sadly, some items will have to go.

DEREK,

Yes other than webshots... but it will do... I looked at go-daddy, but I have no clue how design my own webpage altough once I did, I bet it would be easy. I'm very computer savy, but I just don't know that much in terms of programming unless it is a Commodore 128. I can actually program a little in Basic. God, I'm old...

• Like 1

JORDAN,

I'll take photos and post. I also have a wood stick (prehistoric eh?) of his... Same with other players I collect. I still need an Elias gloves and a Parise stick... Hmm... Where could I acquire them. Something tells me sometime in June? Perhaps? I'll post pictures of my gloves/sticks by this weekend. I'm going to refocus my collection somewhat. Sadly, some items will have to go.

What is the new focus going to be? Keep me in mind when it comes to any Devils jerseys you might let go!

I always thought it would be cool to have an actual website too, but I'll stick with my WebShots for now.

What is the new focus going to be? Keep me in mind when it comes to any Devils jerseys you might let go!

I always thought it would be cool to have an actual website too, but I'll stick with my WebShots for now.

A couple vintage possibly, a few recent, and some sticks and gloves... My thoughts are to go with 17 (?) players as I don't think I'll ever truthfully get a full locker room together. I asked KC Devil his thoughts on these players. Two were NEVER Devils, but must go in because I liked them so much.

Albelin, Tommy

Brown, Doug

Chorske, Tom

Daneyko, Ken

Deadmarsh, Adam

Elias, Patrik

Langenbrunner, Jamie

Marshall, Grant

Muller, Kirk

Parise, Zach

Richer, Stephane

Rolston, Brian

Weinrich, Eric

Young, Scott

I'm not entirely sold on Arnott (after hearing so many people say he is a jerk in person, but I've never met him) and thought about Clemmensen/Rolston/Sykora for the 13th. That means anything else would most likely go (minus the Clemmer Rats, the Bergfors Lowell, and the Blackhawks stuff...) Thoughts, ideas encouraged. I'd like add another Defenseman, but all the guys I like will cost me BIG BUCKS or I just can't find the older stuff of theirs... Albelin White and Chambers are guys I like, but I don't want to compete with KC Devil as White is his guy. You guys would have first shot on anything I have first if I decide to sell anything. I just think that trying to get 20 guys will be nuts (especially who I want) and I don't know if in the end I'll be able to house a sweater from each...Again PLEASE send me your thoughts.

3/12/09 I removed Arnott from the list...

Added:

Albelin

Brown

Rolston

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

I've made many references to gloves I've seen, but I seem to swing and miss on getting any kind of match on even the brand/model of stick I own.

I'm kind of new on this subject but have enjoyed the thread and am looking forward to any MeiGray sale this summer for a game worn jersey.

But I have a quick question along the lines of photo matching a stick. I purchased a John Madden stick at the Draft Day party this past summer. I was able to match the brand and model to a Getty Image but not to the specifics of marks on the shaft or blade. Does brand and model suffice on photo matching for sticks? Or does it go down to exact taping job and marks in the image matching the stick?

Thanks.

I'm kind of new on this subject but have enjoyed the thread and am looking forward to any MeiGray sale this summer for a game worn jersey.

But I have a quick question along the lines of photo matching a stick. I purchased a John Madden stick at the Draft Day party this past summer. I was able to match the brand and model to a Getty Image but not to the specifics of marks on the shaft or blade. Does brand and model suffice on photo matching for sticks? Or does it go down to exact taping job and marks in the image matching the stick?

Hi, there are a few ways to match a stick to a player.

First and foremost, the tape job. Also, any traits such as torching, spray painting, factory code, intialing, etc. Some sticks show all traits, some show few, but all will show at least one. Since players are known to use each others sticks and there are some people out there that will pass off home made tape jobs as a players, it is important to be familiar with a players tape job. I own 5 Madden sticks and all of them have the same knob and blade taping and is consistant with the length of stick Madden uses. I have a Madden stick that he "borrowed" from Parise that is photomatched. It's Parise's stick, but Madden's taping and length. Players often experiment with stick lengths and tape jobs, but usually not a big enough difference that, say, Madden will all of a sudden use a Zdeno Chara length stick or a radical tape job.

Photomatching sticks can be tough and hard to do with as many sticks as players go through. It takes alot of luck, a keen eye and alot of time to do. Some players date sticks or put the opponent on them. Some players use a model for only a few games, while others use a brand/style for a season. It's as rewarding as it is difficult to do.

Best thing to do is watch games closely and take notes on what a player uses, talk with other collectors and pick their brains. I know that sounds silly, but it does help.

You have great points. I plan to keep a better eye to these details in going to this year's draft party. (I'll also get there earlier.)

From the picture I found the blade looks close tape wise but he has covered the knob with his glove. It appears he used this model for all of one game and only parts of it at that. I will have to investigate more on items such as torching, spray painting, factory code, intialing, etc.

But you have put me in the right direction. Thank you.

Mac760,

Some observations I've found are that each player is different. Some players use several brands during the course of the year. I've seen some players label the top of their sticks with the date, initials, or a word. Langenbrunner for example used his kids initials last season on the back of the tap job at the top of the stick (uncertain if he is doing it this year). Like unknown poster said, it is important to find what the player does with his sticks tape job that makes it unique. Typically player don't deviate from this even if they change brands. The more wear on a stick usually means practice used and the less wear typically means game used. I believe most players use MORE than one stick a game and sometimes use more than one a period. It just depends.

I don't have all the answers, but it is important to realize that you will be constantly learning and adjusting what info you have to the year, the player, and the team he plays for.

• Like 1

unknown poster and Chorske pretty much have this one covered, but just to build on what they said...

Try looking at puck marks on the blade tape for a match. Looking at the style of the tape pattern on the blade and butt end can confirm that the stick was actually used in a practice or game by the player, but check for specific markings on the tape (or knicks or marks on the shaft) to find an exact match to a specific game.

If you have a photo of a player using your brand/model of stick, that is known as a "photo reference." It's only considered a "photo match" when you can find a photo that shows the exact stick as confirmed by wear or markings from game use.

For example, here is a photo of my only photo-matched stick. It was an easy match to find because Schwab had written the date of the game on the butt end of the stick, but it was still exciting to find that the photo showed the exact puck marks on the blade of the stick.

2663892860100299444S600x600Q85.jpg

2310412870100299444S600x600Q85.jpg

schwabblade.jpg

Edited by JWomp

Elias 07-08 white gamer on ebay. I'm guessing its from the grab bag. The seller says its a set II, but I looked up the tag on the pop. report and it says set III/playoffs. Looks like he wore a couple of different jerseys for the post season. To search on ebay its under Elias game worn, for some reason he didnt list it under devils at all.

Good starting price!

prob not gonna happen, but was wondering if anyone out there has an old game worn they would like to get rid of, i collect game worns from my local team, but really dont feel like spending over 1000 right now. Let me know. thanks

I have the first ever Red/Green I ever purchased available. It is a #20 Jon Morris sweater that was also worn by Peter Sundstrum (Patrik's brother) back in 1989-90 and is probably a large or x-large. Lots of wear and a blood stain or too. Feel free to make an offer, but I'm looking for $650.00 + shipping for it because finding a replacement will be tough. I have pictures too if need be at my webshots page (see my profile).

• Like 1

Jwomp,

Langenbrunner Stick is an Easton Synergy with white lettering. Stamp says "15 Lags" and the top says "PHX"

Clarkson Stick is an Easton Synergy with black Easton lettering with red outline. Stamp says "27 Clarkson"

Elias Stick is the same as the Clarkson with "26 Elias" as the stamp. A date is written above it 10-25-7.

I've had no luck with these...

ON EBAY...

The Elias from 07-08 with no wear that was offered to me for $500.00. Still no wear, no "A", and I'm pretty sure that is the set III and not set II also. $400.00 is a decent price, but again, no stinkin' wear.

Madden is still there for $500.00 from 02-03.

And lastly... The Alex Brooks has not been moved at it's price.

• Like 1

Matt/Jwomp/Super Jay-

Great to see a group of collectors helping one another with various items/photos/research. The CAPS community is very much like this but I have seen others that are not. Very refreshing! This thread is priceless!!!!

Hope to see some of you at the Northern Va/DC Game Worn Expo this Saturday.

Derek

• Like 1

Matt,

I'm not sure if these are the right sticks, because I'm just going off of your descriptions, but here's what I came up with. If you have photos of the sticks in question please post them or send them to me and maybe I'll be able to help more. Anyway...here's what I found after looking through some of the Devils photos I have saved on my computer:

Langenbrunner Stick is an Easton Synergy with white lettering. Stamp says "15 Lags" and the top says "PHX"

Langenbrunner5.jpg

This is also what my Langenbrunner Synergy (marked "BOS") looks like, so hopefully it's the style yours is that you were looking for.

Clarkson Stick is an Easton Synergy with black Easton lettering with red outline. Stamp says "27 Clarkson"

Clarkson2.jpg

I don't think this is it, because it's more of a blue themed Synergy (unlike your description and the red one Elias is holding below), but I figured I'd post it anyway since it's from his #27 days.

Elias Stick is the same as the Clarkson with "26 Elias" as the stamp. A date is written above it 10-25-7.

EliasCelebration.jpg

I have a lot of photos of Elias, but this is the only one of him using this style. It looks like what you described. Sorry most of the stick is cut off in the photo.

PER JWOMP:

Clarkson2.jpg

I don't think this is it, because it's more of a blue themed Synergy (unlike your description and the red one Elias is holding below), but I figured I'd post it anyway since it's from his #27 days.

The Lags and Elias are spot on! Thank you. I don't know how I missed the Elias one. I've been unlucky finding his. The Lags I've found a few since contacting/putting the info on here.

However, I've NEVER seen the Clarkson before. The blue one you have pictured above is the one I most frequently run into or his current issue which if memory servers me correctly is a Warrior. The stick looks almost exactly like Elias stick and probably has a slightly different curve and the name/number stamp of course. But colour-wise the Elias is the exact same as the Clarkson. No luck on finding it however. I wonder if he used it in training camp? I've never seen a picture of him using it. The Clarkson has light wear, but it was definitely used. Probably a game.

I wonder how many sticks a player uses throughout a season? I'd have to think it is more than 100 easily (with breaks, extra, give some to this person/charity/practice used ones).

• Like 1

I'm sworn to secrecy with details. :uni: I took it as a privledge to have gone over with Barry and Rich so i'm going to politely pass about talking in public about it in detail, but it was the day i helped MeiGray take down the Devils locker room at CAA. I remember seeing a few bundles of unused blue Clarksons against the wall as they were in the front of the pile when i looked. Yeah, that Rich Matthews is a straight arrow, wouldn't take any bribes on anything..... :whistling:

The P in PM stands for private for a reason, right? :whistling:

EDIT: Damnit...just realized they're simply called messages on this site!

Edited by JWomp

Matt, the Elias is game dated as i stated above. It should be easy to find Getty Images of that game for a potential match.

FWIW, when i went with Barry and trainer Rich Matthews to the Devils storage facility, there was an unused lot of Clarkson blue synergy sticks.

I reread my post and I hope everyone understands the stick almost EXACTLY like the Elias that Jordan found. Thanks for all the help and input.

I'll take pictures of the event on Saturday and if there are any cool Devils stuff I'll contact you guys.

• Like 1

Langenbrunner5.jpg

This is also what my Langenbrunner Synergy (marked "BOS") looks like, so hopefully it's the style yours is that you were looking for.

That jersey looks awfully familiar :whistling:

When the 'seller' wishes to trade or sell it... you know who will want it. :whistling:

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.