DevilinLA

The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

2,386 posts in this topic

I was hoping to snag one of those up but they got higher then I was willing to pay. Cool jersey and if they do it again next year I'll try and grab one then. 

I was thinking of bidding on one but then got offered something A LOT better than these so I took that deal and don't regret it at all.

I am 99% sure I am out on the Marty Night gamers if they put them up for auction.  No way am I going to pay $800+ on a Schlemko or Moore gamer with a stinkin patch on it. 

I don't even wanna know what you got instead haha. I know I'll be jealous. I'm trying to find a jersey to end the year off but nothing really striking me out there. 

Im not even gonna bother with the Broduer jerseys. They are gonna go for crazy money. Rather try and grab another retro jersey this year. The red and green jerseys are my favorite. 

Yeah I got some really good stuff recently lol.

Brodeur night will be nuts.  It will be filled with fans who are going to overpay for an expensive souvenir and you are going to also have collectors in on this one who have to have it to avoid a hole in their retirement night collection.  I have a Niedermayer Night jersey that I am trying to unload so that shows how much I am into these retirement night jerseys now haha.

Retro Night will be the better bet as 1) it is worn in 2 game now and 2) I think it will be lower as they will be auctioned off only a month away from Marty night gamers.  I might take a chance at a Retro night gamer myself but still not 100% sure.

You're always adding something awesome to your collection. 

i saw your Carter jersey from the Nieds retirement game. It is a sweet jersey. I know the Broduer ones will go crazy. Can't spend that much on a one game jersey. 

Im excited the retro jerseys will be worn in two games this year. Hopefully they have some more wear on them.

It's been a while since I asked this so did anyone get anything new?  I got a bunch of stuff since the last time I posted what I recently got.

I've gotten a Bernier away(photomatched) and his away helmet recently but that's about it. Haven't seen much out there for sale lately. What have you picked up?

Nice!  I have contemplated getting one of the retro helmets and/or gloves Meigray have but I really don't want to start getting into equipment.  IDK I have a feeling I would lose interest in that quickly and get stuck with it.

My last update was about mid to late August.  Since then I have gotten the following:

1991-93 Dave Barr pre-season (evidence on jersey pointing towards a recycled Shanahan pre-season worn)

1992-93 Randy McKay Red Set 2 - autographed

1994-95 Mike Peluso Red Set 1 (restored nameplate as it was recycled into a Sharifijanov) - Photomatched

1998-99 John Madden Red set 1 - First NHL game / first NHL point

2001-02 Sergei Brylin Red set 2

2003-04 Igor Larionov Red preseason - photomatched

2003-04 Grant Marshall White set 3

2006-07 Andy Greene AHL All Star Classic Planet USA period 2 - autographed

2007-08 White Set 1 Andy Greene - photomatched to 2 hockey cards

2008 Andy Greene Rookie Development camp (he wasn't a rookie but took part in scrimmages as he was around the facility working out)

2011-12 Petr Sykora White Set 2

2013-14 Andy Greene White set 2 with "A"

2014-15 Andy Greene Red Set 3 with "A"

Wow. Those are amazing additions! That's awesome. Very happy for you. 

Maybe you could answer this question for me since I'm still kinda new to collecting. What's the best way to go about finding older players jerseys? Someone that I can't find on Meigray. Is it best to post an ad on hockey collector website or is it pretty much who you know? I have a few players from the past that I would love for my collection but they just never seem to pop up til after you tell me about your new additions haha. 

Best way to find the older stuff is from other collectors.  Dealers like Iceviolence has some older stuff too, but I am either not interested in them or find their prices a bit high.  Another avenue is through auctions such as eBay, Classic Auctions or Game Worn Auctions.  Out of the 13 jerseys I listed above about 10 of them I got through deals or trades with other collectors.  You meet them on Facebook groups, on forums, through expos, etc.  The Larionov for example was posted in a Facebook group and I was able to grab it.  Other jerseys were offered to me by other collectors privately because they knew I would be interested in it.  A couple of jerseys I just put it out there that I am looking for them or something like them.

Quite frankly finding older Devils jerseys have gotten pretty hard.  I see posts on other forums and on here from 2008-2012/13 and there was a pretty good selection of stuff floating around.  It's as if in the last 1.5-2 years the older Devils stuff has just dried up.  Even Game Worn Auctions and Classic Auctions have been pretty barren of Devils stuff in the last couple of years outside of only a handful of really high end or really low end stuff.

Edited by DevsMan84

I'm seeing that too. Much harder to find the older stuff. All of the older jerseys I've gotten are through collectors. I always check the auctions but haven't had any luck in those. I'm always looking out for something to add to the collection. I guess what I can't find I can't spend money on haha. I appreciate your advice and opinion on things. I'll just keep keeping my eyes open for some stuff from the past!!