The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Does anyone have experience removing a sharpie signature from a gamer? I'm considering purchasing a Devils gamer that has signature on a white number - I'm not a fan of autographed gamers and this one in particular looks like a crappy rush-job (likely as the player walked to from the arena to his car after a game). I've seen a few methods online and wonder how successful (or not) they are. 

I think I know what jersey you are talking about and quite honestly it is not a perfect science.  You can try detergents while soaking it in cold water that may or may not work.  Not sure how Goo-Gone and others would work as they might be way too harsh.

I have a couple gamers that I purchased that came with autographs.  Not ideal but sometimes it is what it is.

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

You can try detergents while soaking it in cold water that may or may not work.  Not sure how Goo-Gone and others would work as they might be way too harsh.

I have a couple gamers that I purchased that came with autographs.  Not ideal but sometimes it is what it is.

Yea, I'm concerned that I'll try removing the sharpie and inevitably end up just smearing it all over the white number.

The detergent option worries me because I don't want to remove any board burns/marks. 

As you noted, it might be best to just leave it as-is.

Edited by hoekster316

I did wash an Edge jersey that was game worn that had burns and marks on it.  I wore it out and someone spilled a little bit of food on it.  I put it by itself inside out on gentle cold cycle with only a little bit of detergent and air dried.  Got all of the food out but none of the marks/burns/wear left.

The jerseys are pretty resilient but yeah I might have just been lucky lol.

• 1 month later...

Been a little bit so here are my newest game worn additions:

Pierre Dagenais 2000-01 Red Albany River Rats

Ken Daneyko 2000-01 Red Set 1

Pascal Rheaume 2002-03 Red Set 2

Jason Arnott 2010-11 PB Patched Game worn - worn in 4 games and autographed by entire team

Petr Sykora 2011-12 Retro Night game worn

With the Arnott and Sykora I have now a complete set of the A-line with my 2011-12 White set 2 Elias.

Nice pick-ups. Very jealous about the Dano jersey. 

Over the past few months I've acquired:

Henrique 2011-2012 (Rookie Year) Red Set 2

Pandolfo 1996-1997 (Rookie Year) Red Set 2

Also got a game worn Sarnia Sting jersey of Brenden Trottier. He's not a Devils prospect - I've just always been a fan of the Sarnia Sting jerseys. 

5 minutes ago, hoekster316 said:

Nice pick-ups. Very jealous about the Dano jersey. 

Over the past few months I've acquired:

Henrique 2011-2012 (Rookie Year) Red Set 2

Pandolfo 1996-1997 (Rookie Year) Red Set 2

Also got a game worn Sarnia Sting jersey of Brenden Trottier. He's not a Devils prospect - I've just always been a fan of the Sarnia Sting jerseys. 

Nice!  So you were the one who got that Henrique rookie year for a steal?  Pretty damn nice!

What's funny is that I used to own Henrique's 2011-12 preseason jersey where he wore #51.  It was the white and the red was actually cut up and put into hockey cards.  I sold that one to pay for my favorite jersey still to this day (Peluso gamer).  Since then I've had about 4 or 5 people ask me about it as I sold it to Sports Minded and people ask me about it not knowing I used to own it haha.

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nice!  So you were the one who got that Henrique rookie year for a steal?  Pretty damn nice!

What's funny is that I used to own Henrique's 2011-12 preseason jersey where he wore #51.  It was the white and the red was actually cut up and put into hockey cards.  I sold that one to pay for my favorite jersey still to this day (Peluso gamer).  Since then I've had about 4 or 5 people ask me about it as I sold it to Sports Minded and people ask me about it not knowing I used to own it haha.

Yea, man. I was expecting the winning bid to be in the four-figure range. Had to rub my eyes several times when I got the "you won" email from eBay. Couldn't be happier!

Does Sports Minded Unlimited have your (formerly-owned) Henrique jersey displayed in the store?  

2 minutes ago, hoekster316 said:

Yea, man. I was expecting the winning bid to be in the four-figure range. Had to rub my eyes several times when I got the "you won" email from eBay. Couldn't be happier!

Does Sports Minded Unlimited have your (formerly-owned) Henrique jersey displayed in the store?  

I know a newer collector was bidding on it too and he wasn't happy that he lost at the last second lol.  That's eBay for you.  I figured it would go in the $600-800 range because it's his rookie year, but couldn't imagine it went for that low.

And yeah Sports Minded has it on display sometimes.  It's the white 51 Henrique.  He only wore it 1 game against Islanders, but has some wear from training camp and scrimmages as well.

15 hours ago, Lemieux16 said:

Great pickups for both of you! Always love hearing what y'all get in! Haven't gotten anything new since my Kalinin retro!

Nice!  I actually sold the Zajac 2016 Retro night jersey to pay for part of the Daneyko gamer purchase.  Was a little sad too since I was able to photo match the Zajac retro to 2 photos from the Star Ledger.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

Nice!  I actually sold the Zajac 2016 Retro night jersey to pay for part of the Daneyko gamer purchase.  Was a little sad too since I was able to photo match the Zajac retro to 2 photos from the Star Ledger.

Sweet jersey - the guy who bought it posted some photos on Facebook. Had great marks, especially for a 2 game jersey.

1 hour ago, hoekster316 said:

Sweet jersey - the guy who bought it posted some photos on Facebook. Had great marks, especially for a 2 game jersey.

Yeah and pretty much sold it for what I put into it.  The Sykora retro I got a month later on made up for it lol

That Zajac was a sweet jersey. I saw that Sykora for sale but couldn't pull the trigger on the price. Great pickup for you though! I eventually wanna get one of his myself. When are you gonna selling me your Ryan Carter fight jersey? Haha

13 minutes ago, Lemieux16 said:

That Zajac was a sweet jersey. I saw that Sykora for sale but couldn't pull the trigger on the price. Great pickup for you though! I eventually wanna get one of his myself. When are you gonna selling me your Ryan Carter fight jersey? Haha

Lol I had a white 2011-12 Sykora set 1 that I recently sold to pay for the Arnott believe it or not.  Had to play a bit of a shell game to complete my A-Line.

Not sure about the Carter.  I would need to find something really sweet or a must-have for me to part with it.  It's one of my favorites.

10 minutes ago, Lemieux16 said:

I don't blame you. The Carter is a sweet jersey! I missed out in it by 45 minutes from what the seller told me haha. 

I wish I would have known you had a Sykora. I would have tried to work something out with you for it!

I think I posted that I got it back earlier on this thread.  The person I sold it to asked me about it about a month ago and I said if there is something that comes up where I can part with the Sykora, it's his.  Lo and behold it only took about 3-4 weeks for that Arnott to come up.  He also has another jersey that he is going to pair with it so it will look sweet.

Selling a few jerseys:

-06/07 Erik Rasmussen white (w/ 25th patch) - $275 shipped

-03/04 Mike Rupp red preseason - $250 shipped 

-10/11 Alex Urbom red Albany Devils - $200 shipped

On July 3, 2016 at 6:27 PM, JWomp said:

Selling a few jerseys:

-06/07 Erik Rasmussen white (w/ 25th patch) - $275 shipped

-03/04 Mike Rupp red preseason - $250 shipped 

-10/11 Alex Urbom red Albany Devils - $200 shipped

What size is the Urbom, and what kind of wear does it have? Can you send/post pictures?

On 7/5/2016 at 3:28 PM, mfitz804 said:

What size is the Urbom, and what kind of wear does it have? Can you send/post pictures?

It's a size 58, light wear. One repair, a few unrepaired holes, and some stick marks/other wear. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by JWomp

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of smaller recent additions:

Petr Sykora 2011-12 game used gloves - He went through a ton of gloves that year so not a whole lot of wear.

Bryce Salvador 2012 Stanley Cup Finals White set 2 game worn jersey - Worn in games 4 & 6 and photomatched to 4 Getty images.  Has some decent wear with a couple of stick marks and an approximate 1-2 inch unrepaired tear in the right shoulder.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.