Book on the Devils

THEDINO

This book came out a couple of months ago.

http://njdevils.pictorialbook.com/

If anyone (especially our fan base under 25) wants to read a real good book, read "Pain and Progress-the first 12 years of the Devils" by our buddy Stan Fischler. It's covers the first 12 years of the Devils in depth and it's a must read for long time and new fans. Trust me, for those of us that lived through the red/green days it brought back alot of unpleasant and pleasnat memories. I can only imagine how our current fan base would react if the Devils were like they were in the early to mid 80's before Cups, playoffs and any hope they'd ever accomplish both. Trust me, we were spoiled over the last 10-12 years.

It's an extremely difficult book to find, they very rarely pop up for sale, but if you can get one i highly recommend it.

Chico also wrote a book (Mike Kerwick actually wrote it but Resch is listed as the author) called "Tales from the Devils Ice," it's not that good in a chronological sense, but it's a good bathroom book filled with some funny anecdotes from over the years. If you imagine Chico's voice while reading it, it's even better. He should do an audio cassette.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=...amp;dcaid=17902

Books i recommend that Stan Fischler wrote, even though i think he's a tool and frontrunner:

"Cracked Ice, an insiders look at the NHL". Lot's of Devils stories including the theory that i held before reading that the Devils paid for the doughnut incident for about 5 years after it happened because of the long memories of the officials and how it's a tight fraternity. Also, a look at the media, 1st lockout, expansion, and the possible move and info about Nashville in 1995.

"Metro Ice, the complete history of hockey in the NY/NJ metro area". Yeah it's 50% Rangers, but it's still a good read and full of pics. Coffee table type book.

If anyone (especially our fan base under 25) wants to read a real good book, read "Pain and Progress-the first 12 years of the Devils" by our buddy Stan Fischler. It's covers the first 12 years of the Devils in depth and it's a must read for long time and new fans. Trust me, for those of us that lived through the red/green days it brought back alot of unpleasant and pleasnat memories. I can only imagine how our current fan base would react if the Devils were like they were in the early to mid 80's before Cups, playoffs and any hope they'd ever accomplish both. Trust me, we were spoiled over the last 10-12 years.

It's an extremely difficult book to find, they very rarely pop up for sale, but if you can get one i highly recommend it.

I would love to read that if I could get my hands on a copy. I really wanna know as much as I can about the early years as I can, seeing as I wasn't born till 92.