GDT: DEVILS @ CAPITALS 7PM et

njdevil26

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a tough task for the Devils. With the Caps being an offensive team, Jersey may have to score plenty of goals tonight to win it if they can't shut down Ovechkin Green and Semin. Let's hope every one of our forwards plays 200% knowing Rolston's out.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!! :evil:

Season debut for Petr Vrana and I hope he has a great game tonight. Going to be a tough game tonight with Washington as they can light up the lamp many times. Brodeur has to continue to be on his game and shut down AO and hopefully come out with the win. Get er done Devils.

Edited by SatansDevils

I am looking forward to seeing a very odd lineup for us tonight!

Elias-Vrana-Zubrus

Parise-Zajac-Gionta

Pandolfo-Madden-Langenbrunner

Rupp-Holik-Clarkson

Maybe?

That's an interesting top two lines there NJ. If Sutter comes out with those lines that'll throw the Caps game plan right off.

I don't know, if Weekes is gonna get a start anytime before mid November, it's gonna be tonight. 6 of the next 7 games are home (they're not gonna start Weekes at home, when fans go to see Brodeur) and the one on the road is against Philly, and I don't think you can start him against a divisional rival like that, either. After those 7, you go to Detroit.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/10...rves-yet-f.html

No nerves yet for Vrana

Devils rookie center Petr Vrana said he had no trouble sleeping Friday night on the eve of playing in his first NHL game tonight against the Washington Capitals at Verizon Center. So, apparently nerves won't be a problem -- or they just haven't hit, yet.

"It's the same game for everyone," Vrana insisted after today's optional morning skate.

Vrana is getting a shot to play because Brian Rolston is out with a high sprain of his right ankle. Vrana;s biggest problem tonight might be that more than two weeks have passed since he last played in a game -- a preseason match against the Islanders on Oct. 1 at Nassau Coliseum.

"It's going to be tough today," he admitted. "I haven't played in a while, but that's just the way it is. You can't think about it. I'm just going to prepare myself to go out there and just play my game, keep my feet moving, get them going early in the game and we'll see what happens."

Vrana will play right wing tonight on a line with Patrik Elias at left wing and Dainius Zubrus at center.

Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, who is back from Lowell already, said there was no update as of this morning on Rolston's status or how long he will be out.

Nine players took part in the optional morning skate: Vrana, Zach Parise, Travis Zajac, Mike Rupp, David Clarkson, Bobby Holik, Andy Greene, Sheldon Brookbank and Kevin Weekes.

Martin Brodeur will start in net tonight for the Devils. Brent Johnson gets the call for the Capitals.

It looks like Sergei Fedorov will play defense for the Capitals tonight with defenseman Tom Poti out with a groin injury. Viktor Kozlov is also out tonight with a left knee injury and tough guy Donald Brashear is questionable because of a hand injury. The Capitals called up left wing Chris Bourque -- Ray's son -- because of their injuries at forward.