Fire Sutter

Daniel

It's six games into the season and we can't score more than 2 goals in a game. There are enough offensive weapons on the team that this should not be happening. If Lou was willing to put a short leash on every other coach, I don't see why he shouldn't do the same with Sutter. If things don't change by about game 25, Sutter has to be gone.

It's six games into the season and we can't score more than 2 goals in a game. There are enough offensive weapons on the team that this should not be happening. If Lou was willing to put a short leash on every other coach, I don't see why he shouldn't do the same with Sutter. If things don't change by about game 25, Sutter has to be gone.

And he is now a Jack Adams candidate...

Welcome btw

Do not fire Sutter. If you're firing anyone fire who I said to last year--John MacLean. He has an extremely capable offense to work with and can't. Sutter's doing all he can, especially with the D, and he's doing everything he should--working on the power play, etc. But John MacLean really has to be blamed to a certain point.

Do not fire Sutter. If you're firing anyone fire who I said to last year--John MacLean. He has an extremely capable offense to work with and can't. Sutter's doing all he can, especially with the D, and he's doing everything he should--working on the power play, etc. But John MacLean really has to be blamed to a certain point.

Who said John was the "offensive" coach? He does run the offensive lines, but he doesn't set the system....

hold on one sec. (1, 2, 3, 4,...)

yeah i was right. 4 comes after 2 and we just scored 4 goals in a game.

so yes lets fire the coach who got us 8 out of 10 points so far. :whistling:

God I hate these "hot button" ,impulse , canning one player or coach is the solution to fixing the machine posts; from posters who still think its 2003.

Yeah I said it....

We won by more than one, minus Rolston, be content.

Edited by DevilinLA

does someone want to show me all this talent that is being held back? And please don't say Gionta and Langenbrunner because Langenbrunner 2003 and Gionta 2006 aren't walking through that door.

They've made changes, it's pretty obvious because they're actually able to keep the puck this season, instead of getting it for 10 seconds at a time and then holding off a 3 minute attack. There's just not that much skill there, either than Parise and Elias, and the bounces and rebounds aren't getting where they need to be, in games they do, and we can hold the puck effectively (which is what we're doing), we will score.

There is alot more depth (well, there was before the new players got hurt) this year, but there's still alot of energy, effort, plumber types out there. Or do you think that Jay Pandolfo's offense is being held back by Sutter?

Hmm, well when you posted this it was only four games into the season and tonight we got four including the SO. The main thing is we won and we have been getting the chances; it should click in time.

its a quick post at a time when the devils hadn't scored more than 2 goals in a game. the devils scored 3 tonight - not 4 by the way.

sutter brings accountability and he is all for a puck pressured offense but the players just aren't that creative.

that being said - take it easy on the OP. he's the one that got me into hockey back in the sportschannel days - and he's 3 years younger than me.

We are in 6th place in the entire league.

Edited by NCDevsFan

Thanks for sharing your well thought out opinion.

:argh::rant::angry:

BTW: When did Lou have a short leash with his coachs? The firings would take place in the last week of the season if they happened in season.