Fire Sutter

Daniel

Thanks for sharing your well thought out opinion.

:argh::rant::angry:

BTW: When did Lou have a short leash with his coachs? The firings would take place in the last week of the season if they happened in season.

considering the last two coaches didn't make it a full season

I'd consider it a short leash :P

But I also gotta think that if they are grooming Brent for the Front Office. extra slack he shall have...

It's six games into the season and we can't score more than 2 goals in a game. There are enough offensive weapons on the team that this should not be happening. If Lou was willing to put a short leash on every other coach, I don't see why he shouldn't do the same with Sutter. If things don't change by about game 25, Sutter has to be gone.

hmmmmm Looks like Daniel Girardi learned how to use the interweb.

And he is now a Jack Adams candidate...

:haha2:

While I want Pat Burns, we realistically know that will not happen at the moment. Brent Sutter is a good coach, but him and his brothers are not known for coaching teams with high goal scoring outputs.

Win the game. Beyond that, I don't care how he gets it done. Sutters done a good job and I am pretty confident he gets the guys going. What else can you really ask for from a coach - at some point, its the players who win or lose a game.

It's six games into the season and we can't score more than 2 goals in a game. There are enough offensive weapons on the team that this should not be happening. If Lou was willing to put a short leash on every other coach, I don't see why he shouldn't do the same with Sutter. If things don't change by about game 25, Sutter has to be gone.

Great first post. :rolleyes:

You can't count (The Devils have played FIVE games so far, genius, and they scored THREE goals against the Caps, even though the phantom goal awarded for winning the SO gave them four).

As for Sutter, last season the guy came in with the team having lost two big mainstays to UFA (Gomer and Rafalski), a D-Corp that almost looked like it was built from an expansion draft, a nine-game road trip to start the season, injuries to Colin White and Jamie Langenbrunner, and yet STILL managed to have the team fighting for the conference lead until the final weeks of the season...they still managed to finish with 99 points. And for all their problems early on this year, the team is 4-1. I won't claim to know how good or bad they are this year (way too early for that), but how 'bout you learn to count and cut a guy whose done a pretty good job so far the slightest bit of slack? Geez...

Winning is the point of the game, so ill take 2 goals a game if it means the wins. The team will find its touch, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think Sutter is the reason why the team doesn't score 4 goals a game, look at the lines. The top line, and second line are predominately scoring lines, but the 4th is used to rough the opposition up. The third line is there to keep the puck out of the net. Also, there isn't any true shooting defenseman, although Greene looked pretty good the last game. Give it some time.

Bah, i agree while Sutter is not the saviour that people thought he would be, he has still done a pretty good job. Also, coaches, as pointed out in one of the other threads are not that important. I mean of course they matter in overall strategy, but in the end it all comes down to player chemistry and talent. And the devils are rather lacking the latter two. I think Sutter, as of right now, is as good a coach as any and for devils to get better, the players have to produce.