Broad Street shuttle buses are (no longer) back

NJDevs4978

Funny thing is I heard that a couple of security guards said that the shuttle buses had been stopped because nobody was using them. Seems as if the Devils found out that wasn't the case from the angry mail they must have received after Opening Night.

Or maybe Newark came to its senses and realized loading up already crowded city buses wasn't worth the extra profit, though that's probably not likely, I'd guess the city was paid off.

Edited by Hasan4978

Funny thing is I heard that a couple of security guards said that the shuttle buses had been stopped because nobody was using them. Seems as if the Devils found out that wasn't the case from the angry mail they must have received after Opening Night.

Or maybe Newark came to its senses and realized loading up already crowded city buses wasn't worth the extra profit, though that's probably not likely, I'd guess the city was paid off.

Newark does not run its own transit. That's all NJTransit so it is the state.

• 11 months later...

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but according to the NJ Devils website, the shuttles are gone again.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=42035

And they're not letting you ride buses or the light rail with your ticket or anything either. Full $1.35 each way between Broad St & the Rock.

I emailed the Devils and got a polite response back apologizing, but indicating that nothing could be done at this time. I'd encourage anyone affected by this to write too and see if a number of emails wouldn't cause some change. "mgmt@newjerseydevils.com" was the address I used, but I'm sure there are other ways to contact as well.

Edited by fredct

Aw man .. I thought they were back again ... guess its time to find "ANGRY LETTER WRITING GUY " again...

Be him yourself! Except instead of being 'angry' I'd encourage being 'upset' or 'disappointed' or some term that is more likely to get a polite response. Catch more flies with honey... Again, the address is "mgmt@newjerseydevils.com"!

Be him yourself! Except instead of being 'angry' I'd encourage being 'upset' or 'disappointed' or some term that is more likely to get a polite response. Catch more flies with honey... A\

there's a previous story there my friend... Im too lazy to jot it down again ...

Read again. The thread title is from last year when they *were* back. Now they're gone again, so I bumped the original thread.

Why not just make a new thread then so people don't get confused? Since it's my thread I'll just change the title though :P

FWIW, it only took me 20 minutes to walk down Broad Street to get to the arena Saturday night. But most of the time (because of weather, at night, time concerns, whatever) I probably will be using the city buses I imagine.

Edited by Hasan4978

Why not just make a new thread then so people don't get confused? Since it's my thread I'll just change the title though :P

FWIW, it only took me 20 minutes to walk down Broad Street to get to the arena Saturday night. But most of the time (because of weather, at night, time concerns, whatever) I probably will be using the city buses I imagine.

I guess I shoulda. It didn't occur to me the problems it would cause :). Thanks for changing the title.

Yeah, you can probably walk in October & April. Other than that, not often.

I also find it interesting that the Devils website says you can take bus 13 or 27, but, according to Google transit, at least, 11, 13, 27, 28, 29, 30, & something in the 40s all run from Broad St station down past the Rock.