What to do with Jamie Langenbrunner?

DaneykoIsGod

Jamie Langenbrunner  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Devils do with their captain?

• Trade him for whatever they can get.
    • Bench him to send a message that he has to be better.
    • Take away his captaincy.
    • Keep the faith ... he'll come around/he hasn't been that bad.

Jamie Langenbrunner has been a big topic of discussion around this board lately. He's the team's captain as it enters one of its most difficult stretches in recent history, but his leadership is being called into question. His untimely penalties have earned him the nickname "Captain Hook", he's lost a step and his point shot ain't what it used to be. Are we expecting too much/Is Stevens' captaincy casting too big of a shadow? Or is he flat out underperforming.

You decide ... what should the Devils do about their captain?

I won't comment on the captaincy stuff. I'm not in the locker room and don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I trust the coaching staffs judgment in there selection since they see the full picture.

Langenbrunner has been frustrating this year but I think we need to realize he has just lost a step. This isn't the same guy as a couple of years ago. With all the injuries and other struggling players we are relying on him to do more than what he is capable. I think he is fine when he's not a top 6 guy.

One thing that bothers me is that he always seems to take a stupid penalty each game, and sometimes he really whines to the refs. The other night when he slammed the puck into the boards by the ref was really stupid. I appreciate the passion but I hope he cuts that out.

HE JUST SCORED fvckERS

Too bad that the goal meant absolutely nothing and his stupidity, and lack of discipline, and lack of skating ability, and puck control ability, and poor captaincy (etc..) is what Langenbrunner is all about now.

What I would do: Bump him down to the 3rd or 4th line ASAP. If that doesn't work just dump this bum (thanks for the memories in '03, bye).

Edited by nmigliore

I see other problems than Langenbrunner not scoring. That line of Langenbrunner, Parise and Zajac works. I have lost faith in Gionta and Zubrus. Especially Zubrus who is inconsistent even in his inconsistencies. I am not trying to offend anyone who likes either player, but in the case of Zubrus, sometimes players come to teams and never really fit in. He did well in Buffalo and Washington and I think both teams could use him back.

Just because someone is captain doesn't mean that they have to score, have high points, or even talk a lot. Yzerman and Stevens didn't really say a lot. As for the locker room, I'm not sure. I do bet that he speaks up, but there are other leaders like Brodeur, Madden, Holik, and White who probably give input.

Rumors still surround the fact that Shanahan may be coming to the Devils. Of course there are about four other teams that also reportedly interested not limited to the Penguins, Flyers, and Blackhawks. Sadly I think the Devils are second-to-last on the list, but you never know. I know there is a friendship between Brodeur and Shanahan, but he might choose the Penguins as his best bet to win a cup (which I see, but pray won't happen).

At this point we should just like trade the whole team. :whistling:

Except for Parise of course but I fear we are going to lose him when he become a Free Agent anyway... :saddevil:

We signed him long term for peanut money. Why would he leave when he becomes a free agent? If Lou gives Elias money to stay, he's going to pay what Parise wants too......

Trade captain Langenbrunner to Nashville for captain Jason Arnott. :thumbsup:

That way maybe that will light a spark under Elias' ass.

Yeah, only in our dreams of getting that trade. :saddevil:

Langenbrunner has to come around along with some of these other veteran players like ELIAS, GIONTA, ZUBRUS, Madden and Pandolfo. None of these guys are doing sh!t on the offensive side. Not yet ready to give up on Langenbrunner. He can't get any worse can he?

Push him off a cliff and then report him missing.

I vote this 1!!

Though lets not report him missing for a few days,

I use to like him and supported him early this season with the first few mistakes and told everyone "they happen" but they shouldn't happen 90 times!! I counted tonight. I was at the game trying not to kill the fat gross rangers girl infront of me, so I counted how many bad passes he made/how many he missed and I was at 9 when I left. I only started counting in the 2nd..... Its a little pathetic.

I voted we should trade him. Benching him/taking his c away etc isn't going to make him stop taking stupid penalties or missing passes. He has been playing lately like he is some sort of rookie. I understand the devils situation is stressful (so bad PARISE took a penalty tonight and was kind of the cause of the first fight) but Langenbrunner is doing nothing to help and many things to hurt them. Ok. he scored. If he hadn't messed up on the 9 passes tonight someone else may have had a chance to also! All I know is Sutter may be in love with him but atleast bench him to show him it isn't ok to play like a retard.

As for Parise, when his contract is up hes an RFA. We'll pay him enough when the time comes. Probably give him the C by then too if he keeps playing this way. Plus this is a few bad games, it's still early in the season, I think we'll have to do alot worse then this to fully scare him away lol, plus next year we face losing alot of players to ufa. Hopefully Gionta will go thatll clear up 4mil cap space etc

Edited by XParise9X