2009 World Series Champion Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

I agree with you. Neither player was in the right at all and as a result the brawl happened. I don't mind the brawl though, its professional sports, it happens.

I'll also apologize in advance to DR33 or anyone else I may offend. When things like this happen I get really fvcking heated. Its because I care so damn much about this team, hell I schedule my life around the game times, and the intensity is just building up every day as this team has the chance to do something special. Jorge's been one of the guys for me that I grew up watching so naturally I'm going to get pumped up when something like this happens.

I'm with you. It was fun to actually see some life come from these players on the Jays. This was the first bench clearing brawl I can remember the Jays having since the whole A-Rod "Ha" fireworks with Howie Clark, which led to Josh Towers throwing at him. Carlson says he got the bruise in the giant pile at the bottom. Someone through a cheap shot while he was there. I guess these things things are pretty common.

I'm not trying to make any excuses for Carlson being where he was when the brawl started, I just thought it was funny to see Posada go so crazy when the ball went behind him after how many Jays were hit badly by Yankee pitchers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else here really worried about the pitching staff in the playoffs? After CC, you have AJ who is really inconsistent, Pettitte who has been having a fine second half but has a shoulder issue going on, and the mess that is Joba right now. Luckily they have the choice of which series they'll want so they can get by with 3 starters in one of them. Hopefully Pettitte can stay healthy and AJ and Joba can right themselves before the playoffs start.

Anyone else here really worried about the pitching staff in the playoffs? After CC, you have AJ who is really inconsistent, Pettitte who has been having a fine second half but has a shoulder issue going on, and the mess that is Joba right now. Luckily they have the choice of which series they'll want so they can get by with 3 starters in one of them. Hopefully Pettitte can stay healthy and AJ and Joba can right themselves before the playoffs start.

I am definately starting to get worried with the pitching. They have been off lately and the team has quietly been faltering while the Red Sox are surging. If they don't pick it up, they will lose the division and get stuck with the Angels in the first round, and I think we all know what will happen if that happens...

Nice to win the series vs Angels. That should give them some confidence. Burnett pitched well so maybe he'll get hot going into the playoffs. Also a sweep of the upcoming series vs the Sox (possibly 2/3 if BOS loses tonight) would clinch the division. Still worried about the starting pitching in general though.

Nice to win the series vs Angels. That should give them some confidence. Burnett pitched well so maybe he'll get hot going into the playoffs. Also a sweep of the upcoming series vs the Sox (possibly 2/3 if BOS loses tonight) would clinch the division. Still worried about the starting pitching in general though.

I somehow doubt a sweep when it's Lester vs. Joba in the first game though we have a good shot in the other 2. But you should be worried when Chad Gaudin could end up pitching the 4th game in the ALCS though

Yanks Magic number to clinch AL East: 3

Overall well played game for the Yanks. Everything went their way. A-rod had an amazing game with some help from the rest of the team. But the real story here is Joba's strong performance through 6 innings (I think he was perfect through 4, but I am not sure). If he can get it together for the playoffs, many of the this team's issues would go away.

Edited by nyrsuck26

I don't like too pick and choose opponents since that seems to always back fire. I'll respect whoever the Yankees end up playing. However, I would love to see the Tigers and Twins go to a one game playoff for the division on Tuesday to further wear them down and not give them an off day before they play the Yankees.

Oddly enough Fernando Tatis had 8 once for STL in 1999. strange world :giggle:

Yeah, Tatis had 2 grand slams that inning, off of the SAME pitcher (Chan Ho Park). The Mets' broadcast constantly brings that up everytime Fernando comes up with the bases full.

Edited by nmigliore

Yeah, Tatis had 2 grand slams that inning, off of the SAME pitcher (Chan Ho Park). The Mets' broadcast constantly brings that up everytime Fernando comes up with the bases full.

that was before he got hurt though and was a good everyday player for that Cards team. It's just weird looking back on it now

Hopefully the Yankees get off to a great start against the Twins tonight. Go Yankees!

I'd be shocked if we drop tonight's game. I know there's something to be said for momentum, and magic-carpet-rides... and all that good stuff. But there's something to be said for exhaustion too. Minny played 8 pitchers last night throughout the game, and is about to play the Yanks with less than 24 hours rest.

-Yanks in 4.

I've never even heard of the Twins starting pitcher tonight. If CC can hold them to under 4 runs I like our chances. Go Yanks!

Whoever he is he does have a good ERA even if his WHIP is far from fantastic at 1.37 and he only had 53 K's in 84 innings but he didn't walk a ton of guys (31 in 84 innings which isn't that great either but it's not horrendous)