2009 World Series Champion Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be shocked if we drop tonight's game. I know there's something to be said for momentum, and magic-carpet-rides... and all that good stuff. But there's something to be said for exhaustion too. Minny played 8 pitchers last night throughout the game, and is about to play the Yanks with less than 24 hours rest.

-Yanks in 4.

There is also something to be said for being the Juggernaut.

juggernaut-bitch.jpg

If the Yankees lose this series Cashman and Girardi have to go.

All-around great game for Yanks. CC pitched very good, the bullpen was more than solid, big game from Jeter, A-Rod got off the post-season shneid, contributions from Swisher and Matsui... Did anything go wrong?!

All-around great game for Yanks. CC pitched very good, the bullpen was more than solid, big game from Jeter, A-Rod got off the post-season shneid, contributions from Swisher and Matsui... Did anything go wrong?!

Agreed, great night for the Yankees! Hopefully they carry their momentum through the series. Only negatives were the passed balls on Posada and Teixeira not having a great night but I don't think those are anything to worry about or lose sleep over. Go Yankees!

Agreed, great night for the Yankees! Hopefully they carry their momentum through the series. Only negatives were the passed balls on Posada and Teixeira not having a great night but I don't think those are anything to worry about or lose sleep over. Go Yankees!

You can live with one 0-4 from Tex, but he's probably not gonna do it again and if A-Rod's hitting, this lineup's unstoppable. And with Molina starting for Burnett, the passed balls shouldn't be a problem in game 2. Great win though

Anyone know when their going to announce the start time of game 3? Also Pavano will be pitching that game...I would love to see the Yankees take game 2, and then against Pavano knock him out in the early innings with a bunch of runs. The scumbag deserves it.

The schedule for the rest of the series:

Game 2 - Fri, 6:00pm

3 - Sun, 1:00pm

4 - Mon, 1:00pm (if necessary (hopefully not))

5 - Wed, 12:00pm (see above)

All times Eastern, all games on TBS.

What a game! There were so many times I wanted to look away with all the tension. Can't say enough about A-Rod and Tex right now, wow. Hopefully the just put Minnesota away on Sunday. It'd be nice to watch Pettitte pitch well and Pavano get shelled. Keep it up, Go Yankees!

I know exactly what you mean. I was watching the game with some friends and we were going crazy with nervous energy when A-rod was up. Also, we all had to take the SAT the next morning (which would be today) and when the game went to extras we had to make the decision to stick it out or call it a night and go home to rest up. We chose the former and have no regrets.

That game last night was one of the most exciting baseball games I've ever seen.

- The heads-up play by Swisher/Jeter to get dumbass Gomez and negate the run coming home. We don't have extra innings without that play.

- A-Rod FINALLY having not just a good game in the playoffs, but an AWESOME game. Clutch in every way last night.

- Robertson getting us out of a bases-loaded, no outs jam in the top of the 11th without surrendering a single run.

- Tex launching that winner ... that was shades of McGwire's record-breaker. Guys known for moon shots firing absolute laser beams for homers.

Just incredible.

ALDS sweep! but now let's see if they can finally beat Anaheim in the playoffs for once. But this Angel team is more of a power team than the old versions with Vlad slowed down and Abreu getting older. Really, Figgins and Aybar are the only "scrappy" players they have left

ALDS sweep! but now let's see if they can finally beat Anaheim in the playoffs for once. But this Angel team is more of a power team than the old versions with Vlad slowed down and Abreu getting older. Really, Figgins and Aybar are the only "scrappy" players they have left

That is true, and it could be argued that the Yankees are somewhat more "scrappy" than they used to be. It should be a fun match-up to watch.

GO YANKS!

What a great job by CC tonight! Can't say enough about it, he took care of business. Weird game for the Angels with all the defensive miscues. Luckily A-Rod running the stop sign didn't come back to the bite the Yankees and major props to Tex for making that stretch in the 6th inning to get Hunter out.

I don't expect this to be an easy series...especially if there is a rain out Saturday night. Hopefully for the Yankees' sake the rain will hold off at some point so they can get the game in. Also hopefully good AJ shows up.

What a great job by CC tonight! Can't say enough about it, he took care of business. Weird game for the Angels with all the defensive miscues. Luckily A-Rod running the stop sign didn't come back to the bite the Yankees and major props to Tex for making that stretch in the 6th inning to get Hunter out.

I don't expect this to be an easy series...especially if there is a rain out Saturday night. Hopefully for the Yankees' sake the rain will hold off at some point so they can get the game in. Also hopefully good AJ shows up.

Agreed. It will definitely help to win tonight, because there is no way that the Yanks will take both in Anaheim. Go Yanks!

Agreed. It will definitely help to win tonight, because there is no way that the Yanks will take both in Anaheim. Go Yanks!

hey man you never know. If CC pitches like that again on 3 days rest in Anaheim, who knows what can happen. Let's just hope today doesn't get rained out

The Angels are throwing the Yankees a cookie by starting Joe Saunders (the man of an ugly 5.17 FIP and weak peripherals this year). Hes like their 4th best starter behind Lackey, Weaver, and Kazmir and his career numbers vs the Yankees are terrible.

Although I did notice he owns Swisher, Teixeira, and Cano. Eh...

The Angels are throwing the Yankees a cookie by starting Joe Saunders (the man of an ugly 5.17 FIP and weak peripherals this year). Hes like their 4th best starter behind Lackey, Weaver, and Kazmir and his career numbers vs the Yankees are terrible.

yeah but AJ could fall apart at any time and we could easily get blown out like

12-3 or something

The Yankees definitely have the advantage statistically however, John Flaherty thinks this weather may hurt Burnett more than it will Saunders evening out the match up.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Disgusting loss for the Yankees...lets hope they can recover from this. They had so many chances to win the game and blew it. Give the Angels credit for getting the job done. The Yankees didn't deserve to win this game.

woops? :lol:

Fuentes just isn't all that good. Very hittable against RH hitters and an awful WHIP for a closer.

Edited by nmigliore

Disgusting loss for the Yankees...lets hope they can recover from this. They had so many chances to win the game and blew it. Give the Angels credit for getting the job done. The Yankees didn't deserve to win this game.

Are you serious? I'm not sure if this is some kind of reverse jinx...but how the heck do you say disgusting loss when the game isn't even over?