2009 World Series Champion Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

Ervin Santana has gotten pounded this year (10.2 H/9) and his 1.55 HR/9 is one of the worst HR-rates in baseball. Not to mention a ton of Yankees have at least 1 HR vs Santana in their careers.

Seems like a perfect matchup for the Yankees. They should be able to beat him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've posted here sooner but I was still in shock at that game. Everything that could have happened in a baseball game happened. And, luckily the Yanks came out on top. I love this team.

I'll admit it...I'm an a$$hole, a jerk, and a douchebag at times. I wanted to puke, I wanted to cry, I cursed my brains out, felt disappointment when they couldn't finish. It's just because I love and care about this team so damn much! This team won't go down easy and I fvcking love it. It's a privilege to be a Yankee fan. A-Rod is the fvcking man! What a game! Holy sh!t! Yankees win!!!!! Finish this in Anaheim!!!!!

I'm going to sit back and keep watching these highlights chugging some Leinenkugel Oktoberfest!

Are you serious? I'm not sure if this is some kind of reverse jinx...but how the heck do you say disgusting loss when the game isn't even over?

Well it wasn't meant to be a reverse jinx and I did jump the gun and look bad for it....but I couldn't be any happier right now!

I'll admit it...I'm an a$hole, a jerk, and a douchebag at times. I wanted to puke, I wanted to cry, I cursed my brains out, felt disappointment when they couldn't finish. It's just because I love and care about this team so damn much! This team won't go down easy and I fvcking love it. It's a privilege to be a Yankee fan. A-Rod is the fvcking man! What a game! Holy sh!t! Yankees win!!!!! Finish this in Anaheim!!!!!

I'm going to sit back and keep watching these highlights chugging some Leinenkugel Oktoberfest!

Well it wasn't meant to be a reverse jinx and I did jump the gun and look bad for it....but I couldn't be any happier right now!

Nice game tonight!.... Don't Choke.

Edited by Guest

Even if it wasn't meant to be, it couldn't have hurt. If we're losing again the next game late, try it again. Keep the magic going :P

Well you can't win them all, especially when your manager makes some really questionable decisions. The only thing keeping me sane right now is the fact that CC is pitching tomorrow. Yankees need him to pitch a gem so they get the win. They can't let the Angels even this series up. Hopefully Girardi hasn't turned the tide in the Angels favor now. Go Yankees!

Well you can't win them all, especially when your manager makes some really questionable decisions. The only thing keeping me sane right now is the fact that CC is pitching tomorrow. Yankees need him to pitch a gem so they get the win. They can't let the Angels even this series up. Hopefully Girardi hasn't turned the tide in the Angels favor now. Go Yankees!

I didn't understand the yanking of Robertson, and I guess you didn't either. Overmanaging.

I knew that they couldn't sweep the Angels. They're just too good. Thankfully, the next game is tomorrow and everyone will have less time to think about this and get their heads into the next game. I still feel confident about tomorrow's game with CC pitching, even if it is on short rest. Big trouble if they lose, though.

I didn't understand the yanking of Robertson, and I guess you didn't either. Overmanaging.

Yeah I didn't understand it either, but Girardi has done a good job with the bullpen so far in the playoffs, so I'm just gonna say it was an anomaly.

I knew that they couldn't sweep the Angels. They're just too good. Thankfully, the next game is tomorrow and everyone will have less time to think about this and get their heads into the next game. I still feel confident about tomorrow's game with CC pitching, even if it is on short rest. Big trouble if they lose, though.

I'm also really glad the next game is later today (as I write this). I just want to get this loss out of my system.

:P

Clearly Jeter and A-Rod are friends. B )

Edited by thefiestygoat

Fortunately I didn't even have to research this since nomaas posted this. The offense has been struggling, espcially today with Swisher and Melky missing multiple opportunities. Check out these horrid numbers:

Johnny Damon: .214/.241/.357/.599

Mark Teixeira: .120/.241/.240/.481

Robinson Cano: .200/.259/.280/.539

Nick Swisher: .136/.208/.182/.390

Melky Cabrera: .200/.259/.200/.459

Small sample size I know but then again you can't get a good sample size due to the length of the play offs. Hopefully the bats start coming around and supporting Jeter, A-Rod, etc.

I feel like if he was trying to load up the ball, he'd be a little more discreet about it than that and try to hide it at least a little :P But he spits all the time after warm ups, but YES shows it from a different angle so it shows that he misses the ball. Fox's angle is just misleading

He'd have been caught by now if he was loading up the ball

Edited by DH26

Yanks win 10-1, take 3-1 series lead.

Total domination. CC probably could have pitched a complete game but there was no need to stretch him out. Nice to see the bottom of the line-up produce. Only sour note was Matsui, but he will come around.

But while the Yanks certainly do have a comfortable lead in this series now, they can't let up now. (They of all teams should know that). The Angels can still be dangerous, especially if they win the next game. I will remain cautiously optimistic until this is in the bag.

Anaheim has the advantage with Lackey vs. Burnett in the next game but you never know A.J. could come out and pitch like he did in the 15 inning game vs. Boston. Just one more win and then probably take on the Phightin' Phils and cause a war between north and south jersey

What a post season for A-Rod and CC, amazing. I have a good feeling about Burnett on Thursday, hopefully I am right. I also hope that this game helps turn around the playoffs for guys who weren't producing, and hopefully Teixeira's bat comes to life, especially if they should advance. This series is still far from over but I'm ready to see the Yankees close it out. Go Yankees!

These umpires have been horrendous. Just made another bad call on a sure strike to Posada. There have been a couple other calls this game that were pretty bad as well. I will give them credit for one thing though, They have been equally bad both ways.