2009 World Series Champion Yankees Thread

thefiestygoat

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a huge headache obviously I didn't sleep to well last night. IF the Yankees are to advance, and I do have a lot of confidence in CC winning a potential game 7, they still may be in trouble. The weather looks horrible tomorrow night and it seems like a rain out is likely. That would mean Pettitte would go for the series clincher on Sunday night which is fine. However, if the Yankees have to use CC in a game 7 on Monday check out what the potential rotation could be for the World Series.

Game 1 - AJ

Game 2 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 3 - CC

Game 4 - AJ (3 days rest)

Game 5 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 6 - CC (3 days rest)

Game 7 - AJ (3 days rest)

I doubt they'd want to throw Joba or Gaudin in there but that is a helluva workload for all of those guys and CC would only get to pitch twice, AJ three times if the series goes 7.

Even the ideal rotation is worrisome even if the Yankees close this out Sunday.

Game 1 - CC

Game 2 - AJ

Game 3 - Andy

Game 4 - CC (3 days rest)

Game 5 - AJ (3 days rest)

Game 6 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 7 - CC (3 days rest)

That's a lot of 3 days rest in there.

I don't think I made any errors but like I said my head is still spinning a bit.

+1 LOL

I have a huge headache obviously I didn't sleep to well last night. IF the Yankees are to advance, and I do have a lot of confidence in CC winning a potential game 7, they still may be in trouble. The weather looks horrible tomorrow night and it seems like a rain out is likely. That would mean Pettitte would go for the series clincher on Sunday night which is fine. However, if the Yankees have to use CC in a game 7 on Monday check out what the potential rotation could be for the World Series.

Game 1 - AJ

Game 2 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 3 - CC

Game 4 - AJ (3 days rest)

Game 5 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 6 - CC (3 days rest)

Game 7 - AJ (3 days rest)

I doubt they'd want to throw Joba or Gaudin in there but that is a helluva workload for all of those guys and CC would only get to pitch twice, AJ three times if the series goes 7.

Even the ideal rotation is worrisome even if the Yankees close this out Sunday.

Game 1 - CC

Game 2 - AJ

Game 3 - Andy

Game 4 - CC (3 days rest)

Game 5 - AJ (3 days rest)

Game 6 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 7 - CC (3 days rest)

That's a lot of 3 days rest in there.

I don't think I made any errors but like I said my head is still spinning a bit.

I'll worry about it when the time to worry about it comes. Let's focus on the Angels.

Damnit, game called to be played tomorrow night at 8. It may not technically be a must win for the Yankees but they really need to close it out. Game 7 on Monday means facing Lackey again and if they do win it puts their rotation in shambles for the WS. Hopefully Pettitte takes care of business.

Why the hell are they playing at the same time as the Giants game?!?

What moron thought of that idea?

they like to play these games at night regardless so they can accommodate the west coast, as always at the expense of the east coast where people actually care

they like to play these games at night regardless so they can accommodate the west coast, as always at the expense of the east coast where people actually care

I understand that when it comes to weeknights, but on a Sunday I don't see any reason that this game could not be at for instance 4:00. That's only 1:00 on the West coast, which is the normal time for an afternoon game.

I understand that when it comes to weeknights, but on a Sunday I don't see any reason that this game could not be at for instance 4:00. That's only 1:00 on the West coast, which is the normal time for an afternoon game.

fox has football on all day on sundays so that's the reason for today

Ratings

plain and simple

piss and moan all you want... the Cowboys game this afternoon will have a higher NATIONWIDE rating then the baseball game... accept it, deal with it and move on.... or get two TVs :P

YANKEES ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!! :clap::dance::koolaid::boogie::yay::yea:

Cloud`9 bro. I'm so pumped I can't sleep. 40th Pennant. GO KICK THE PHIL'S A$$!

*EDIT: A-Rod. What else can you say? Reached 17 bases out of 21 AB's in the ALCS. Here's hoping he can continue his streak for 4 more victories.

Edited by Beezer34

It starts tonight (weather pending). Sabathia vs. Lee: a match-up of former teammates and the las t two AL Cy Young winners. Possibly the best two lineups in baseball. The atmosphere will be electric as the Fall Classic returns to the Bronx. What's not to love?

GO YANKS!!!

Like with any Yankee loss in the post season I feel sick to my stomach but I keep telling myself not to get too upset. Sabathia pitched fine and if need be will go two more times this series. I give a lot of credit to Lee he pitched a helluva game, though I didn't care too much for his non-chalant catch, douchebag move in my opinion. The Yankee offense is too good to suck like they did tonight unless they all completely choke. Plus I like the match ups we have against the rest of the Philly rotation. Hughes has me a bit worried though, not sure what is up with him.

I have a good feeling about the Yankees chances tomorrow. Hopefully good AJ shows up, the offense comes alive, and they knock Pedro out early. Go Yankees!

I didn't realize how much of a total douchebag (for lack of a better term) Cliff Lee is. Don't get me wrong, he pitched an immaculate game, but he blatantly showed up the Yankees multiple times in the late innings. No Class. I hope that some Yankee has the guts to throw at him if he pitches in Philadelphia this series.

If I were a Yankees fan I wouldn't worry about losing this game too much. Pretty much everyone after Lee is a question mark - Pedro in cold weather vs a GREAT lineup and a hostile crowd might be a disaster (for Philly), Hamels has been terrible in the playoffs this year, and Blanton is honestly nothing more than a #4 starter. Their bullpen is also pretty weak.

Its their lineup that can really beat you, not so much their pitching staff (outside of Lee).

Edited by nmigliore