thefiestygoat

2009 World Series Champion Yankees Thread

1,505 posts in this topic

Yanks win 10-1, take 3-1 series lead.

Total domination. CC probably could have pitched a complete game but there was no need to stretch him out. Nice to see the bottom of the line-up produce. Only sour note was Matsui, but he will come around.

But while the Yanks certainly do have a comfortable lead in this series now, they can't let up now. (They of all teams should know that). The Angels can still be dangerous, especially if they win the next game. I will remain cautiously optimistic until this is in the bag.

Anaheim has the advantage with Lackey vs. Burnett in the next game but you never know A.J. could come out and pitch like he did in the 15 inning game vs. Boston. Just one more win and then probably take on the Phightin' Phils and cause a war between north and south jersey

What a post season for A-Rod and CC, amazing. I have a good feeling about Burnett on Thursday, hopefully I am right. I also hope that this game helps turn around the playoffs for guys who weren't producing, and hopefully Teixeira's bat comes to life, especially if they should advance. This series is still far from over but I'm ready to see the Yankees close it out. Go Yankees!

These umpires have been horrendous. Just made another bad call on a sure strike to Posada. There have been a couple other calls this game that were pretty bad as well. I will give them credit for one thing though, They have been equally bad both ways.

And it results in a 3-run double for Tex. I'm not gonna complain. :)

Good to see that Girardi's suck ass managing skills have been passed onto Mike Socia for tonight lmao.

:mellow: I have no reaction to this turn of events.

Angels are going to need a three-run lead in the 9th inning at Yankee Stadium. That might not be enough.

I have a huge headache obviously I didn't sleep to well last night. IF the Yankees are to advance, and I do have a lot of confidence in CC winning a potential game 7, they still may be in trouble. The weather looks horrible tomorrow night and it seems like a rain out is likely. That would mean Pettitte would go for the series clincher on Sunday night which is fine. However, if the Yankees have to use CC in a game 7 on Monday check out what the potential rotation could be for the World Series.

Game 1 - AJ

Game 2 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 3 - CC

Game 4 - AJ (3 days rest)

Game 5 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 6 - CC (3 days rest)

Game 7 - AJ (3 days rest)

I doubt they'd want to throw Joba or Gaudin in there but that is a helluva workload for all of those guys and CC would only get to pitch twice, AJ three times if the series goes 7.

Even the ideal rotation is worrisome even if the Yankees close this out Sunday.

Game 1 - CC

Game 2 - AJ

Game 3 - Andy

Game 4 - CC (3 days rest)

Game 5 - AJ (3 days rest)

Game 6 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 7 - CC (3 days rest)

That's a lot of 3 days rest in there.

I don't think I made any errors but like I said my head is still spinning a bit.

+1 LOL

I have a huge headache obviously I didn't sleep to well last night. IF the Yankees are to advance, and I do have a lot of confidence in CC winning a potential game 7, they still may be in trouble. The weather looks horrible tomorrow night and it seems like a rain out is likely. That would mean Pettitte would go for the series clincher on Sunday night which is fine. However, if the Yankees have to use CC in a game 7 on Monday check out what the potential rotation could be for the World Series.

Game 1 - AJ

Game 2 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 3 - CC

Game 4 - AJ (3 days rest)

Game 5 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 6 - CC (3 days rest)

Game 7 - AJ (3 days rest)

I doubt they'd want to throw Joba or Gaudin in there but that is a helluva workload for all of those guys and CC would only get to pitch twice, AJ three times if the series goes 7.

Even the ideal rotation is worrisome even if the Yankees close this out Sunday.

Game 1 - CC

Game 2 - AJ

Game 3 - Andy

Game 4 - CC (3 days rest)

Game 5 - AJ (3 days rest)

Game 6 - Andy (3 days rest)

Game 7 - CC (3 days rest)

That's a lot of 3 days rest in there.

I don't think I made any errors but like I said my head is still spinning a bit.

I'll worry about it when the time to worry about it comes. Let's focus on the Angels.

I'll worry about it when the time to worry about it comes. Let's focus on the Angels.

I definitely agree this series is far from over. Actually disregard my last post since I screwed it up, I gotta edit now.

Damnit, game called to be played tomorrow night at 8. It may not technically be a must win for the Yankees but they really need to close it out. Game 7 on Monday means facing Lackey again and if they do win it puts their rotation in shambles for the WS. Hopefully Pettitte takes care of business.

Why the hell are they playing at the same time as the Giants game?!?

What moron thought of that idea?

Why the hell are they playing at the same time as the Giants game?!?

What moron thought of that idea?

they like to play these games at night regardless so they can accommodate the west coast, as always at the expense of the east coast where people actually care

they like to play these games at night regardless so they can accommodate the west coast, as always at the expense of the east coast where people actually care

I understand that when it comes to weeknights, but on a Sunday I don't see any reason that this game could not be at for instance 4:00. That's only 1:00 on the West coast, which is the normal time for an afternoon game.