thefiestygoat

2009 World Series Champion Yankees Thread

1,505 posts in this topic

I understand that when it comes to weeknights, but on a Sunday I don't see any reason that this game could not be at for instance 4:00. That's only 1:00 on the West coast, which is the normal time for an afternoon game.

fox has football on all day on sundays so that's the reason for today

yankees missed a chance to blow it open right there with Jorge hitting into the DP with the bases loaded against Darren "I'm so old I started for Texas in the 1996 ALDS" Oliver

I understand that when it comes to weeknights, but on a Sunday I don't see any reason that this game could not be at for instance 4:00. That's only 1:00 on the West coast, which is the normal time for an afternoon game.

Ratings

plain and simple

piss and moan all you want... the Cowboys game this afternoon will have a higher NATIONWIDE rating then the baseball game... accept it, deal with it and move on.... or get two TVs :P

YANKEES ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!! :clap::dance::koolaid::boogie::yay::yea:

YANKEES ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!! :clap::dance::koolaid::boogie::yay::yea:

Cloud`9 bro. I'm so pumped I can't sleep. 40th Pennant. GO KICK THE PHIL'S A$$!

*EDIT: A-Rod. What else can you say? Reached 17 bases out of 21 AB's in the ALCS. Here's hoping he can continue his streak for 4 more victories.

Edited by Beezer34

Yankees!!!!!!! Still nothing has been accomplished yet...I want #27!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets Go Yankees!!!!!!

Even though I'm a Mets fan, I enjoyed this NY Post cover-page...

6a00d83451b84f69e20120a.png

:haha2: Was that actually the cover page?!?

the post never disappoints

It starts tonight (weather pending). Sabathia vs. Lee: a match-up of former teammates and the las t two AL Cy Young winners. Possibly the best two lineups in baseball. The atmosphere will be electric as the Fall Classic returns to the Bronx. What's not to love?

GO YANKS!!!

Like with any Yankee loss in the post season I feel sick to my stomach but I keep telling myself not to get too upset. Sabathia pitched fine and if need be will go two more times this series. I give a lot of credit to Lee he pitched a helluva game, though I didn't care too much for his non-chalant catch, douchebag move in my opinion. The Yankee offense is too good to suck like they did tonight unless they all completely choke. Plus I like the match ups we have against the rest of the Philly rotation. Hughes has me a bit worried though, not sure what is up with him.

I have a good feeling about the Yankees chances tomorrow. Hopefully good AJ shows up, the offense comes alive, and they knock Pedro out early. Go Yankees!

I didn't realize how much of a total douchebag (for lack of a better term) Cliff Lee is. Don't get me wrong, he pitched an immaculate game, but he blatantly showed up the Yankees multiple times in the late innings. No Class. I hope that some Yankee has the guts to throw at him if he pitches in Philadelphia this series.

If I were a Yankees fan I wouldn't worry about losing this game too much. Pretty much everyone after Lee is a question mark - Pedro in cold weather vs a GREAT lineup and a hostile crowd might be a disaster (for Philly), Hamels has been terrible in the playoffs this year, and Blanton is honestly nothing more than a #4 starter. Their bullpen is also pretty weak.

Its their lineup that can really beat you, not so much their pitching staff (outside of Lee).

Edited by nmigliore

I'm not sure how well Pedro will pitch tonight. But I'm pretty sure Burnett is getting hit and walking the ballpark.

Edited by Jerrydevil

So apparently Pedro claims he isn't a violent man - total bullsh!t. Lets rock this fvcker tonight.

He is so full of it, isn't he? My favorite from yesterday was when he said that "God was his daddy."

I'm not sure how well Pedro will pitch tonight. But I'm pretty sure Burnett is getting hit and walking the ballpark.

Isn't baseball great. A pitcher can opt-out of his overpriced contract when he has accomplished nothing to sign a much bigger contract. And right now not a single Yankees fan has any idea what to expect from A.J.

Isn't baseball great. A pitcher can opt-out of his overpriced contract when he has accomplished nothing to sign a much bigger contract. And right now not a single Yankees fan has any idea what to expect from A.J.

three years of 3.98, 3.75, and 4.07 ERAs in the AL East is nothing? all right then. burnett was definitely worth what toronto was paying him.

not a single phillies fan has any idea what to expect from pedro martinez.

three years of 3.98, 3.75, and 4.07 ERAs in the AL East is nothing? all right then. burnett was definitely worth what toronto was paying him.

not a single phillies fan has any idea what to expect from pedro martinez.

Burnett probably didn't deserve that contract going when he first got it. He probably pitched well enough compared to some other bad contracts, but he struggled staying healthy for the first two years. Also, those ERA numbers in that division look good, he seemed to pick it up when the games just didn't matter anymore for the Jays. His ERA numbers on August 1st were 4.84, 4.31 and 4.57. His record after August 1st each year? 8-4, 5-2, and 6-1.

And Pedro Martinez isn't get 80+ million. Maybe a better example is Cole Hamels.

ERAs tend to pick up from september on because more teams field rookies. that's no fault of burnett's - as though he's willingly pitching better once toronto is out of a playoff race.

I think DR33 has a fair point on AJ. Big free agents almost always get overpaid, but I think the reason AJ got all the money he did despite his inconsistencies is just based on the fact that when he is on, he is downright nasty. I was very uncomfortable with the AJ signing just because of his inconsistency but at the same time I can't fault Cashman because the market was thin on pitchers. I'm hoping like hell that good AJ shows up tonight.

I'm not too happy with the line up tonight....I can understand benching Swisher but I feel that if anyone is going to replace him you should go with a power guy like Hinske. Perhaps you get lucky and he turns on a pitch and knocks it out. Hairston at best will just get a single here and there. I also don't like the fact Molina is in just because AJ is pitching, the Yankees need Posada's bat in the line up. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite them.

Big time game tonight. I can't see Pedro pitching a good game tonight, 6-3 Yankees. And still standing by my pre-series prediction of Yanks in 6.

I think DR33 has a fair point on AJ. Big free agents almost always get overpaid, but I think the reason AJ got all the money he did despite his inconsistencies is just based on the fact that when he is on, he is downright nasty. I was very uncomfortable with the AJ signing just because of his inconsistency but at the same time I can't fault Cashman because the market was thin on pitchers. I'm hoping like hell that good AJ shows up tonight.

I'm not too happy with the line up tonight....I can understand benching Swisher but I feel that if anyone is going to replace him you should go with a power guy like Hinske. Perhaps you get lucky and he turns on a pitch and knocks it out. Hairston at best will just get a single here and there. I also don't like the fact Molina is in just because AJ is pitching, the Yankees need Posada's bat in the line up. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite them.

I don't agree with it either, but Hairston's got .370 average vs. Pedro (via http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6127). Here's hopin'.

GO YANKS!