GDT: Florida Panthers @ New Jersey Devils

Coorslight

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They won. Winning- no matter how ugly- is never dull.

Word. I've resided to the fact that whether the team wins or loses, people are just not going to be completely satisfied. There is nothing wrong with that of course but with the type of situation the team is in this year, I know I'm gonna just try to enjoy the games as much as possible. Ugly, beautiful, who the hell cares! Keep the wins coming one way or another :koolaid:

Btw anybody catch the post game? Mr. Clemmensen seems to be a pretty confident guy. Best thing that can happen is that he continues to win us some games and hopefully pushes Weekes to be better as well. I really can't see Lou going after a goalie so if these guys can battle for ice time and get some platoon thing going here, it might be the best way to hold the fort till Marty gets back as opposed to going mostly with one guy.

Good game tonight for the Devils to win in REGULATION and at home. :koolaid: Clemmensen was outstanding tonighnt and made some huge saves. Good for him and he deserves to start tomorrow night vs. the NYI after a good night tonight. Most likely we will see Weekes though. Clemmensen needs to start tomorrow night and keep the rhythm going with the team. Nice goal by Elias and it looks like he is on a scoring roll and hopefully that will get Gionta going too. Both Gionta and Elias with a goal and an assist tonight. Nice to see Martin get on the scoreboard and a goal by a defenseman. It was a nice shot in the slot for Martin as Vokoum never saw the shot.

Good overall win for the Devils, BUT that PK is just terrible and it still needs to improve as well as the PP. With playing a bad team like Florida the Devils cannot give up the PPG and not get any PPG. Just the only downfall of this team tonight that didn't get it done on the special teams.

Clemmenson has been on so far tonight, he's made some tough saves.

One of his best games as a Devil and deserves to start tomorrow night. He made some great Brodeur-like saves. This Devils team needs to keep him in for now to get into a rhythm with Clemmensen. Wait for a couple games on the road to start Weekes. I think it would be a bad move to start Weekes tomorrow night. Do not like the back and forth sh!t. Keep in who's hot and got you winning games right now and that is Clemmensen.

One of his best games as a Devil and deserves to start tomorrow night. He made some great Brodeur-like saves. This Devils team needs to keep him in for now to get into a rhythm with Clemmensen. Wait for a couple games on the road to start Weekes. I think it would be a bad move to start Weekes tomorrow night. Do not like the back and forth sh!t. Keep in who's hot and got you winning games right now and that is Clemmensen.

Right. This means Sutter should start Weekes tommorow. :P

What a dulll game to be at. Devil's played just "that" much better than Florida.

Which is exactly what we need to do at this point, until reinforcements arrive we gotta hold the fort down by hook or by crook. Especially during this four game stretch (tonight, tomorrow and the Florida trip), we need to make hay before the schedule turns brutal next month.

Clem played well enough and I thought deserved the third star over Zubrus but whatever...still think Weekes should play tomorrow and then Clem on Sunday, would rather not have him play back to back after what happened last weekend on the second end of a back to back :P

Edited by Hasan4978

I'm all for playing the hot hand, but Sutter (and we fans) have to come to grips with the fact that neither Clemmer nor Weekes are Marty. For 99% of the goaltending world, you start one game or the other on back-to-back nights, not both. Especially if you've spent your last few years as more of a glorified season ticket holder than everyday goalie.

Start Weekes tomorrow. Let's not burn Clemmer out. It's gonna be a long 3-4 months ... no need to run either of these guys into the ground just yet.

So how did this college night thing turn out? I see the attendance was 14,000+. For a weeknight against a team no one up here really cares about in the Florida Panthers, I'd say that's pretty good. For those who were at the game, were the upper deck's and mezzanine's crowded?

So how did this college night thing turn out? I see the attendance was 14,000+. For a weeknight against a team no one up here really cares about in the Florida Panthers, I'd say that's pretty good. For those who were at the game, were the upper deck's and mezzanine's crowded?

Upper deck was pretty crowded and in the 100's were not all that bad. Pretty good attendance considering the team and the day.

They were surprisingly crowded, though emotionally the crowd was pretty lifeless early on I'd say this college night proved to be a pretty good success considering 14,000 is about 1,500-2,500 more than you'd normally expect for a Panthers weekday game.

Unfortunately there is NO ONE at this game.

he who sits at home can not bitch about attendance :P

what did you expect tonight anyway?? Cold as hell out and miserable opponent.... anyway I like a more cozy crowd since I have to go and deal with a packed zoo and still hate it!!!

They were surprisingly crowded, though emotionally the crowd was pretty lifeless early on I'd say this college night proved to be a pretty good success considering 14,000 is about 1,500-2,500 more than you'd normally expect for a Panthers weekday game.

Was I hearing Ole chants from one of the College Night areas during the third period? I couldn't be sure, but it made me smile, thinking people might be singing Ole after all...