DEVILS LOOK TO WORK RETURNING PLAYERS INTO MIX

SC Devs Fan

DEVILS LOOK TO WORK RETURNING PLAYERS INTO MIX

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12012008/sport...s_in_141712.htm

Sutter already has said he intends to keep Dainius Zubrus at center when Brian Rolston and Bobby Holik return, and someone may start practicing this week. If Rolston shifts to wing, that could displace Brian Gionta or even Patrik Elias from their current line with Zubrus

Ok, here's a crazy one:

Clarkson-Holik-Rolston. I say maybe this works because Clarkson is far and away the most improved player. He's actually become smart with the puck down low and is making good passes after grabbing himself some space and time with the puck. Add Holik's size, and maybe they can spring Rolston for some one timers in the slot, etc.

Crazy?

- Jeff

Ok, here's a crazy one:

Clarkson-Holik-Rolston. I say maybe this works because Clarkson is far and away the most improved player. He's actually become smart with the puck down low and is making good passes after grabbing himself some space and time with the puck. Add Holik's size, and maybe they can spring Rolston for some one timers in the slot, etc.

Crazy?

- Jeff

Won't happen because P3L is playing. The 1st 2 lines won't be touched. It'll likely be:

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-Lags

Pando-Madden-Clarkson

Leblond-Rupp-Rolston

Won't happen because P3L is playing. The 1st 2 lines won't be touched. It'll likely be:

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-Lags

Pando-Madden-Clarkson

Leblond-Rupp-Rolston

Rolston should not be on the 4th line, or that one at least. 1st game back from being hurt and we put him with the bangers that are going to be out with the Philly goons at the same time (target much)? That's just not a very good idea. If Rolston does play, switch him and Clarkson. If you put him on the 4th, nothing good can come from that, might as well not even dress him.

I think in time it will end up being:

Parise-Zajac-Rolston

It just makes sense imo to have Rolston playing on that line, also I think Langenbrunner is under achieving on that line and seems content on getting the puck to Parise even if he has a smarter pass that he can make.

I think in time it will end up being:

Parise-Zajac-Rolston

It just makes sense imo to have Rolston playing on that line, also I think Langenbrunner is under achieving on that line and seems content on getting the puck to Parise even if he has a smarter pass that he can make.

I agree. Langs is a defensive forwards with a hard slapshot that can put in the occasional goal. He is not a high scoring winger like that line calls for. Rolston should get the nod.

They ain't paying Rolston that kind of money to check anyone

Yea god forbid we have the Madden line, who plays 1/3 of the entire hockey game, out there with a CHANCE to score a goal. Jay Pandolfo should not be on the third line, he can't produce offensively, at all. Not even a chance of scoring with him, or amassing a forecheck. He can do one thing, play defense. Put him on the fourth line helping Holik. Rolston-Madden-Clarkson, could actually produce a forecheck and maybe a little offense. FOR ONCE, maybe other teams' first line will have to worry about who they are out against, instead of having a free pass.

I agree. Langs is a defensive forwards with a hard slapshot that can put in the occasional goal. He is not a high scoring winger like that line calls for. Rolston should get the nod.

I agree. Rolston is a huge upgrade on that line. He can fly with Parise unlike poor Langs who keeps getting left behind panting.

Edited by shotmypaw