Followers 0
Devil Boy

Pick Your Poison

38 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Poison

• Philadelphia Flyers
    • Tampa Bay Lightning
    • Toronto Maple Leafs

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

I hope TB, but my gut says Philly!

Can't we just get a bye? :P

I'm thinking (not hoping) we'll be playing TB next.

Even if we play Leafs or Flyers they'll be drained from their 7 game series, and the Devs will be rested and ready to go.

Cup Fever!

:evil: JesterDevil :evil:

I cast one vote for the bye! But Devils play exhibition games with the leafs and flyers for our amusement. ^_^

but seriously as for preferring one over the other, they're all dangerous - they play who they play and I'll save all my prayers for a Devils win over whoever!

:burn:

I think TB has the confidence they need to pull out that series, though admitedly tonight is VERY important.

I'm only picking Tampa because I think they'll beat Washington. Either of these 3 teams will be very tough for the Devils to beat.

The only minor advantage we'd have (and Ottawa for that matter) is if both of those series go 7 games.

Tampa Bay, only because they will beat us up the least.

Andrychuk scares me. He is a Devil killer.

I think TB will win their series. But if we play the winner of Philly/Toronto, it's either the poison of a very good goalie who can steal a series (Belfour) or the poison of a team with a big tough offense, but not a great goalie.

We've shown we can handle ONE big offensive line. I don't know how we'd do against two of them. But I think a goalie like Belfour, who can get into a zone, scares me more, since we don't score a lot of goals anyway. And we can't play to 0-0 ties! :)

So . . . I think we'll just take whichever team we get. :rolleyes:

I think Kolzig & Co. will wind up taking control of that series again.

And my gut says that Philly will wind up winning vs. Toronto.

If we get Brylin back, healthy, we can quite possibly form two good checking lines...

Still lacking a real scoring line...

I'll take Tampa any day over Philly or Toronto. If I had to choose between Philly and Toronto I'd say Leafs. Philly is similar to 2000 Devils skills-wise. They'll be tough to handle.

DB I think you kind of confused some people. Were you asking who we'd rather play or who we were predicting we would play?

If it was predicting who the opponent will be, I had Washington beating Tampa in 6 and Toronto over Philly in 6 in the predictions thread so if they both hold up that would mean we play Toronto.

If it's predicting who we'd rather play well I'll stay clear from that one. Tampa on paper would be the choice but look at the games we've played against them this year. Beat them with Hodson, but a loss and two ties with Khabi (though Khabi wasn't effective in one of the ties). They're not easy either.

I think we'll be playing Tampa, but I'd rather not chose! You remember what happened last year when everyone wanted to see Carolina in the first round. There's always gonna be some sort of surprise, and in playoff hockey pretty much anything is possible. I like the way the Devs are playing though, and I think whoever it's against, it's gonna be a great series!

I kinda hope Tampa wins so we get them. I think they will be easiest of the 3, bulin wall aside. They have one decent line. (2 vinnie's & st.louis)

aside from that, well not much. madden's line can hold them to zip.

Vince

Indeed.

The easiest path (if there is such a thing) to the Conference Finals is through TB.