Shanahan signs

gionta182

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HA! I thought he was gonna get $3-4 million! Wow, great work, Lou!

But Sather couldn't find room for him to fit under the Rangers' cap. HA!

Goes to show how much Shanny just wanted to play, not so much just seek another paycheck.

Mr. Sather has no :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: Its all about the :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Where did you get that quote from holik. Thats pretty funny

If it were anything over a million I'd be shocked. The guy can't skate anymore. There's a reason no one wanted him. I don't know what you guys are expecting.

Yeah, the guy is old but Lou just secured a first ballot Hall of Famer for the price of David Clakson. People would be nuts to complain about the signing now.

That being said, this signing really makes the Holik contract look god awful but that's for Holik thread!

Yeah, the guy is old but Lou just secured a first ballot Hall of Famer for the price of David Clakson. People would be nuts to complain about the signing now.

That being said, this signing really makes the Holik contract look god awful but that's for Holik thread!

That was the best $2 million dollars ever spent. As seen by his quotes.

Guy Lafleur is available....

I'm not going to condemn the move until I see what Shanahan has left in the tank. I doubt much, but I've been proven wrong before. We just haven't had much luck bringing in old-timers.

The only reason I'm not totally annoyed by the signing is maybe Shanahan can contribute getting 10-15 minutes a night in a 40 game season, when he couldn't over the course of a full 82+ last year.

Having him in the lineup changes the dynamic of the team, hopefully for better and not worse. Its a cheap experiment in terms of Money spent but it could be costly in terms of Playing time wasted on a guy who doesn't mesh with the rest of the lineup.

But if anything Sutter has shown that he doesn't tolerate failed experiments no matter the player or contract, so if it works it works, if it doesn't Sutter will push him to curb rather quickly. The team looks positioned to make the playoffs anyway so barring a major catastrophe, might as well use the Regular Season to try and experiment with what you got.