Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nmigliore

NHL Skills Competition/Youngstars Game Thread

89 posts in this topic

I didn't see a stickied NHL Skills Comp/Youngstars game thread.. I figured everyone could just discuss it in here (like a GDT, no like the other ones that were made), hopefully an Admin can sticky this for tonight

NHL Youngstars Rosters (Rookies vs Sophomores)

Skills Competition

GO EAST/PARISE/ROOKIES

Edited by nmigliore

Can't wait to watch this tonight. It would be so cool if Parise won the fastest skater. I personally would have liked to see him in the breakaway competition.

I think Zack's got a good chance to win the shootout comp. The new elimination thing they're doin.

Parise is going up against Nicklas Backstrom in one of these events, the elimination shootout, I think.

Edited by 95Crash

Parise is going up against Nicklas Backstrom in one of these events, the elimination shootout, I think.

Yeah he is. I think the number on NHL.com said he was 0-1 in his career in shootouts against Backstrom. However, if you ask me, I don't think Backstrom can stop Parise in a shootout. I guess we'll see though. It would be funny to see him beat Backstrom and go on to go against Queen Henry. He'd probably do that nasty little backhand shot he's got and beat him over his left shoulder. AGAIN! :giggle:

Looking forward to seeing that. Parise vs. Backstrom is going to be good. Besides Brodeur, Backstrom is one of my favorite goalies in the NHL and one underrated one too, IMO. He is is good. Should be a real good elimination SO match up.

I'll be there tonight! :dance: I'm excited to see how Zach does in the fastest skater competition and what moves he pulls during that shootout elimination competition.

Wow that's SO COOL that they got sponsors for every event.

1) Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater

2) Scotiabank NHL Fan Fav Breakaway Challenge

3) Upper Deck YoungStars Game

4) McDonald

I think the skills competition is really the highlight of the weekend. Didnt Niedermayer win the fastest skater some years back?

I think the skills competition is really the highlight of the weekend. Didnt Niedermayer win the fastest skater some years back?

I agree and yes he did

Er... can we skip this sh!t and get to the competition and YS game?

eck

It's over. Let us never speak of this again.

Speak of what now?

I like how everyone has a very French sounding name, even when they don't...Shea Weh-beer amused me greatly.

Is the oversized bar singer done please????

This is almost as bad as Def Lepard putting the Cup UPSIDE DOWN :doh1:

When they play that electronic rock music after each name is called it makes me feel like I'm playing an old video game.. Anyone? Anyone?

P

Anyone else wondering what Parise and Ovechkin are talking about there?