GDT: 1/27/09. New Jersey @ Ottawa 7:30 PM ET

SatansDevils

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the only (to my knowledge) resident of the board who was actually born in Boston and carries an undying hatred of the Boston Bruins, I would kindly insist that, should we lose, I get to start my first ever GDT. :evil:

You must be new I guess - didn't check your profile stats....but....

Never assume anything my friend.

Born and raised there, and there are a few others here!

Having said that - I have no interest in the thread - its all yours!

Edited by DevilinLA

Good 1st period for the Devils as they came out sharp and crisp in this game after 5-days off from the AS break. Devils had good puck control for the most part of that period. Nice deflection goal by Elias from a nice pass from Gionta. PK looking good and Clemmer making some big saves late in that period coming up huge after most of the period he had only 2 SOG faced before the 2 PP by Ottawa. That penalty called on Holik was BS and there was no high sticking. Devils need to keep it going and stay out of the penalty box. Get the next goal in the 2nd.

Good finish for the Devils in that 2nd period to get the 1-goal lead back. Devils need to get the next one to go up by 2 in the 3rd. Stay out of the penalty box and keep with the puck control. Smart deflection goal by Langenbrunner off of goalie Elliot. Ottawa is going to come out desperate in the 3rd, so Devils better match the intensity. Finish Ottawa off Devils.

Edited by SatansDevils