Rbk Edge Brodeur Jersey

JadedJester

I'm seeming to have a hard time selling this for some reason.

So I figured a Devils forum would be a good place to start to maybe get the word out.

I have the item listed on ebay and here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s=tab%3DSelling

Sorry about the wrinkles. They just haven't gone away yet from being taken out of the packaging. Its been worn a few times but never on the ice.

Why am I selling? Because I asked for Parise and got Brodeur and now I have to make up some extra cash.

Happy Bidding! :)

Edited by JadedJester

It was bought at a hockey store in NJ and it says authentic on the collar so its authentic as far as i know :unsure:

and the numbers are off? maybe it was just my crappy folding job where the two 3's on the sleeves are showing. im not quite sure what you mean by they dont look right.

I know everything looks kind of wrinkly but thats from how it was packaged when I first opened it,

I dont understand I guess. could somone tell me exactly what is wrong with it? Its a really nice jersey. maybe its just the way its layed out?

Also I dont understand what you mean by how can it be authentic and size XL? its a size 52 and even on the NHL store you can choose a size. :noclue:

Edited by JadedJester

Yeah I just ordered another Brodeur jersey off eBay and the numbers in the guy's pictures looks like the one in this auction.. I emailed him and multiple times he guarenteed me that what I'd get would be the "on-ice authentic" Brodeur jersey, but I know that if my jersey arrives looking like the one in this auction it's not authentic lettering.. Luckily he said I can get a refund if I don't like the jersey... I wonder who is making these jerseys?

My fiance paid 200 for the jersey im selling.

Did she really get ripped off? I dont know anything about counterfeits or how to even tell them apart.

BTW, I took some better pictures of the jersey maybe they will show something better. But hey if not I guess I'll just end up keeping it.

Link again:

Edited by JadedJester

My fiance paid 200 for the jersey im selling.

Did she really get ripped off? I dont know anything about counterfeits or how to even tell them apart.

BTW, I took some better pictures of the jersey maybe they will show something better. But hey if not I guess I'll just end up keeping it.

Link again:

Several sellers don't have the exact letter/number kits as the team which is why you will see a variety of lettering on the back. In the future shop around and make sure you get someone who knows the most about the lettering and numbers. Pretty sure RiverCitySports is a safe pick. I haven't bought an authentic in a while and stay with the game-worn, but ask them to show you a numbering/lettering sample.

It was bought at a hockey store in NJ and it says authentic on the collar so its authentic as far as i know :unsure:

and the numbers are off? maybe it was just my crappy folding job where the two 3's on the sleeves are showing. im not quite sure what you mean by they dont look right.

I know everything looks kind of wrinkly but thats from how it was packaged when I first opened it,

I dont understand I guess. could somone tell me exactly what is wrong with it? Its a really nice jersey. maybe its just the way its layed out?

Also I dont understand what you mean by how can it be authentic and size XL? its a size 52 and even on the NHL store you can choose a size. :noclue:

The numbers I think are too shiny, and the sleeve numbers are definitely the wrong font and maybe even the numbers on the back.

And does the size tag say 52 or does it actually say XL? You have that part cut off in the picture and you have it listed as an XL, so that made me skeptical.

Tag actually says 52.

letters could look more shiny from the flash I suppose but like I said I'm not sure.

I couldn't find a hockey place here in Erie PA that could show me a devils jersey. They all only stock Pens, Flyers, and Sabers stuff.

Jaded,

That jersey is a knockoff, i am sorry to say. The striping, especially the black part is too wide, and the shiny material the Devils crest and numbers are made out of are giveaways

For example, here is an authentic in a game worn:

img6797835.jpg

Notice how much narrow the black is and the Devils crest isn't constructed of a shiny, puffy looking material? Your jersey could not have been bought at a real hockey store or pro shop specializing in hockey.

Edited by SJP20

now i know the difference from a replica, to an authentic, with a fight strap and everything. but really, whats the difference? as long as you have a jersey for your team, it shouldnt matter if its authntic or replica. yea its cool to have an authentic on ice jersey, wtih a fight strap, but for those of us who can't afford a $300 jersey, its the next best thing..

now i know the difference from a replica, to an authentic, with a fight strap and everything. but really, whats the difference? as long as you have a jersey for your team, it shouldnt matter if its authntic or replica. yea its cool to have an authentic on ice jersey, wtih a fight strap, but for those of us who can't afford a $300 jersey, its the next best thing..

Well the reason it's a big deal on ebay listings and stuff is because if it is listed as an authentic people will pay more for it. If you list it as an authentic and it's really a replica you are ripping them off. I don't have any authentics in my collection (yet) because replicas are good enough for me given the price difference, but I'm trying (and struggling) to find a red pre-Edge authentic Devils jersey in a size 52 since I can finally afford this and would like to have one authentic in my collection. I think the most noticeable difference is the fight strap, but the authentics are also heavier and the logo is sewn on. I think the elbows or shoulders are reinforced also.

It is also a big deal now with the Edge jerseys because the Edge replicas are worse quality than the pre-Edge replicas, so the difference between replica and authentic now is bigger than it was before.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone buying a replica over an authentic. It's both a personal and $ choice made by an individual. Anyone who makes fun of or takes a shot at someone wearing a replica compared to an authentic is a jerkoff. My wife has a replica she loves. I prefer game worns/authentics. Nothing wrong with either choice.

However, IMO, i believe that jersey to be a knockoff. I have a huge issue with people who buy knockoffs and unlicensed jerseys. I think if you KNOWINGLY buy a knockoff jersey it makes you look like a fool by supporting counterfeiters and robbing the Devils and the NHL. Trust me, this only comes back to haunt all of us when the prices go up. It's like shoplifting. Consumers pay the price for those who steal.

Now, there are some people who can't tell the difference because they so not have the knowledge or information or can't tell when it's held in their hands. However, if you are paying under $75-$100 (in alot of cases cheaper) for an "authentic" name/# RBK Edge jersey online then that should tell you something and it's a definite red flag. Plus, where it's shipped from is usually a big tipoff in most cases.

Be smart, be informed, ask questions. Anyone of us here who has knowledge will gladly help. The last thing i want to see is a fellow Devils fan getting ripped off.

Edited by SJP20

Well guys I certainly do appreciate the insight. I am quite bummed to learn that it was not authentic from you guys.

The jersey just sold for $58 +10 shipping, which now knowing it was counterfeit/non-authentic I do believe was a good price because regardless it was a nice jersey.

However, since it is sold now, do you think I could do something about the place that sold it to my fiance? Like a counterfeit police? haha

BTW: thank you to whoever E-mailed me through ebay. I found that site quite useful.

Edited by JadedJester

33-69691-F.jpg

Here is an authentic letter and number Font jersey like on the authentic jerseys.

frp-16517.gif

Here is your fake jersey. The 3 is a deffinate give-away. The real numbers are more boxy then circular or curved as in the jersey above. As well as the letters/numbers are white and not shiny silver/metalic.

33-69691-F.jpg

Here is an authentic letter and number Font jersey like on the authentic jerseys.

frp-16517.gif

Here is your fake jersey. The 3 is a deffinate give-away. The real numbers are more boxy then circular or curved as in the jersey above. As well as the letters/numbers are white and not shiny silver/metalic.

The jersey is a knockoff by itself. The lettering only puts the icing on the cake. FYI...i've seen alot of people at games or jerseys online that are real jerseys with sh!tty lettering jobs. But, in this case, even an authentic lettering job doesn't change the fact the jersey is a knockoff.

Well guys I certainly do appreciate the insight. I am quite bummed to learn that it was not authentic from you guys.

The jersey just sold for $58 +10 shipping, which now knowing it was counterfeit/non-authentic I do believe was a good price because regardless it was a nice jersey.

However, since it is sold now, do you think I could do something about the place that sold it to my fiance? Like a counterfeit police? haha

I'd contest the sale on her credit card if she used one. I'd also probably not ship the item from your ebay sale as it is evidence in your claim.

Yeah the one I ordered came today.. I knew it would look like the one in the picture, but the guy swore to me it was authentic and would give me a full refund if it wasn't, so I figured I'd give it a shot.. So I was wondering if someone had a pic of Brodeur in his jersey this year? I mean I don't know if this is a new style or something.. The jersey itself is authentic but I just want to make sure the numbers are fake before I send it back.. Thanks!

Yeah the one I ordered came today.. I knew it would look like the one in the picture, but the guy swore to me it was authentic and would give me a full refund if it wasn't, so I figured I'd give it a shot.. So I was wondering if someone had a pic of Brodeur in his jersey this year? I mean I don't know if this is a new style or something.. The jersey itself is authentic but I just want to make sure the numbers are fake before I send it back.. Thanks!

I'd be more concerned about the jersey itself being "authentic". If you paid under $75 or even up to under $100, it's a knockoff.

The numbering/lettering hasn't changed. It's pretty easy to spot if it doesn't match what you see on the players.

I have no idea why people are buying these. Don't buy them!

Edited by SJP20

I'd be more concerned about the jersey itself being "authentic". If you paid under $75 or even up to under $100, it's a knockoff.

The numbering/lettering hasn't changed. It's pretty easy to spot if it doesn't match what you see on the players.

I have no idea why people are buying these. Don't buy them!

I just went to last nights game and compared the jersey I got to the authentic jersey's they had.. Wasn't even close! The cheaper jersey is a piece of CRAP compared to the real deal. Sent my fake jersey back today and will be buying a real one once my Devils Legion card arrives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.