GDT Penguins @ Devils 7PM on MSG+, FSN-P, NHLN

BlizzardCyclone

Haha I did the same thing this morning and literally laughed out loud at how bummed out the Pittsburgh announcer was after the Langz winner. Completely deadpan "Jamie Langenbrunner... can you believe it?" :giggle:

Totally lame that "NHL on the FLY" uses the PenGooWhens feed when its "Doc Emerick" night.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally lame that "NHL on the FLY" uses the PenGooWhens feed when its "Doc Emerick" night.

Same on NHL.com.

Made it seem like a horribly sad, even tragic, Pens loss instead of the remarkable comback it was by the Devils.

Same on NHL.com.

Made it seem like a horribly sad, even tragic, Pens loss instead of the remarkable comback it was by the Devils.

The only bad thing about the last few games is that I'm ready for playoff hockey NOW.

Playoff hockey means my heart is in my throat for the third period. Playoff hockey means I'm on the edge of my seat. Playoff hockey means I jump three times higher for a goal than for a regular season game. Yet I find myself doing those things NOW.

I found myself watching this game like it WAS a playoff game. It doesn't seem fair that all we got was two points.

On The Fly may not have had control over that. Who knows.

Could be. I noticed the other night in Boston that MSG+ didnt show any overhead shots of controversial goals until after the decision was made, even though you could see the officials upstairs watching the overheads from the NESN feed.

OTF used the NESN feed for its highlights.

Wow all this talk about rubbing might make me think about getting another one o.O.... JOKING

haha, it's all good though, when I saw Doc in line I should have told him about it, maybe I could have gotten a mention during the game =P.

Also for anyone still reading this, does anyone know anywhere where you can get a broadcast of that game, I would love to be able to watch it all with the Broadcast and everything.

I can't describe the amount of pride I felt in that building last night both in being a fan of this team and someone born and raised in New Jersey.

What an absolutely classy tribute paid to our world-class broadcaster. Doc' short but sweet speech embodied everything that makes him the best. He was humble as always and gave tribute to the great game we all love. I almost cried, it was fvcking beautiful.

I was lucky enough to sit behind Fleury for the first, third and OT. Everyone around me was awesome (except for the Pens fans in front, but they got theirs) and the guy behind me won Score-O. For the 50 or so people I saw making an exit around the arena when it was 3-1... HA HA you are fools! Best game I've been to all year, hands down.

So happy we played to a sell out crowd, that's the kind of game that leaves an impression on first time fans like my 13 year old cousins who came along. One of them said he kind of liked the Penguins before the game ("Crosby is awesome" was his excuse), but I made a point to show him every time Sid went over to cry to the refs. As we were walking to the car he could only conclude that "Crosby is a pansy" and "the Devils are sweet". Mission accomplished.

So proud of this team right now. They're doing everything right from the front offices down to the ice. Top fvcking notch. Thank you Vanderbeek. Thank you Lou. Thank you Langenbrunner. Thank you Zajac (what hands!). Thank you Shanahan... and so many more thanks to go around after last night. But most importantly, thank you Doc. Keep up the good work. We're going to be scary once Marty comes back.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!

Section 232 and 233, along with the rest of the crowd were awesome last night.....

too bad it was ruined with annoying obnoxious penguins fans.... there was a big fight in 232 with beer and fists flying everywhere, I think I even saw bodies flying down the stairs!

...Note to Devils: when you do a tribute like last night change start time to 7:30.... half the building was empty for Doc's tribute because its always empty until mid 1st period due to the 7pm start time.... thank you.

keep it rolling boys and keep the focus.

Great pictures! How did you get a shot of the name plates and numbers?

Thanks!

they have them laying there like that i think, no? i got my Gio jersey last year and i think i remember seeing that

^ That's pretty much it. There was a bin inside the Devil Den store by the box office that I saw through the window. So I decided to snap a picture, lol.

The one of Langs finishing was AWESOME

Thanks! That was definitely a case of right place, right time, lol. Definitely one of my favorites

Haha Rupp looks possessed here.

3240706992_df6be6e413_b.jpg

Just... wow...

3239882891_218877cdf7_b.jpg

Nice pics. What kind of camera were you using?

Lol, Rupp looks like he's gonna bowl through someone. Hopefully he wised up and waited until after warmups!

Thanks! It's an Olympus C740UZ. It's a pretty easy camera actually, just using the Auto settings and the full(10x) zoom on shots from the seats. And I adjust the zoom as necessary during warmups. It takes a lickin, but keeps on.....shooting? Lol