Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daniel

Doc named to top 50 sports announcers of all time

21 posts in this topic

Ack! Other than Doc I don't know any of these people!! Oh, wait... Dick Stockton.. wasn't he the guy from Quantum Leap?

I stopped reading at "2. John Madden"

It looks like it was more of an importance/name recognition thing. Whether or not you can stand Madden, everybody associates him with football. Same with Billy Packer and March Madness, even though I doubt you could find anyone who can stand him at this point. Considering how far hockey has fallen in America, it's a testament to Doc's talent that he's even on the list.

Marv Albert not being #2 is complete and total BS.

That list has JOE BUCK ahead of him.

JOE

BUCK

I'm surprised that Don Cherry didn't make it. Sure, he's a belligerent, inarticulate, xenophobic, blowhard, but the man's a broadcasting legend. If Terry Bradshaw, John Madden (who I like), and Chris Berman deserve to be on that list then so to does Grapes.

Arguments can also be made for one, Glen "Chico" Resch...

I'm surprised that Don Cherry didn't make it. Sure, he's a belligerent, inarticulate, xenophobic, blowhard, but the man's a broadcasting legend. If Terry Bradshaw, John Madden (who I like), and Chris Berman deserve to be on that list then so to does Grapes.

I don't think Don Cherry is really known outside of the Great White North and the hockey community... Meanwhile, Mike Tirico and Dan Patrick? Seriously?

It was pretty American heavy, which takes out Cherry. Chico has no national recognition, though he i sbetter than a lot of the idiots who made the cut.

Joe Buck @ 13?!! This dude ruins baseball games. He should be NO where near this list.

I was not a fan......but no Harry Caray???? Are u sh!tting me? Was this list put together on a cocktail napkin, during a long night of Long Island Iced Teas and Tequila shots???

Mike Martin

KC Devil

Joe Buck @ 13?!! This dude ruins baseball games. He should be NO where near this list.

Buck. Rhymes with suck. Not a coincidence.

Are you effing kidding me?! Phyllis George is ahead of Doc? Puh-leeze. Who made this list? I can't complain about the top 10--Doc should at least be in the top 15. Phyllis George?

If more people watch hockey more people would know Doc and he probably would be higher on the list then.