Obamas State of the Union

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i caught the tail end of his speech, seemed pretty good but he always was a good speaker. I hope he follows up on some of his bi-partisan talk.

"I also know that every American who is sitting here tonight loves this country and wants it to succeed. That must be the starting point for every debate we have in the coming months, and where we return after those debates are done. "

paraphrasing a bit, but i think we could all take a little pointer from it.

Edited by squishyx

Spending on healthcare, education for who? The inner cities that have been given 4 generations of govt. spend that has proved one thing... they're scared to give up entitlements from the taxpayer. Obama is doing nothing except locking in his voting base and substance is what is lacking with this President.

Read this from the 1999 NY Times:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...;pagewanted=all

Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

"Demographic information on these borrowers is sketchy. But at least one study indicates that 18 percent of the loans in the subprime market went to black borrowers, compared to 5 per cent of loans in the conventional loan market.

In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980's.

''From the perspective of many people, including me, this is another thrift industry growing up around us,'' said Peter Wallison a resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. ''If they fail, the government will have to step up and bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry.''

Do the research.

What Obama meant to say was "tax cuts for those late on their mortgage, nothing for middle class paying their bills on time, free money for the poor, and tax hike for upper middle class and rich."

There hasn't been a single tax increase yet, but humor me, where do you think upper middle class bracket starts?

Btw, that working middle class that you said gets nothing for paying their bills on time, should pocket an extra 50-100 bux per paycheck starting April 1st. Yea, real "nothing" :rolleyes:

Do the research.

I'd love to if I could figure out what the hell you were ever talking about. Whats the point of your random tangents?

Btw, that working middle class that you said gets nothing for paying their bills on time, should pocket an extra 50-100 bux per paycheck starting April 1st. Yea, real "nothing" :rolleyes:

Barry himself said $60 a month.

Yet you are saying $5,200

Gov. Jindal is ridiculous.

After President Obama's speech on the economy last night, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal criticized government spending in the stimulus bill, citing examples including "$140 million for something called 'volcano monitoring.'"

The $140 million to which Jindal referred is actually for a number of projects conducted by the United States Geological Survey, including volcano monitoring. This monitoring is aimed at helping geologists understand the inner workings of volcanoes as well as providing warnings of impending eruptions, in the United States and in active areas around the world where U.S. military bases are located, such as the Philippines.

Among the scenarios in which the USGS's monitoring can assist - the catastrophic eruption of Mount St. Helens on May 18, 1980, which killed 57 people (including a geologist monitoring the mountain) and was the deadliest and costliest volcanic eruption in U.S. history ($2.74 billion in 2007 dollars). This event was preceded by thousands of earthquakes in the two months before the volcano blew its top; some of these prompted the Governor of Washington to declare a state of emergency and many residents were evacuated from a designated danger zone.

Qualifications for Rhodes scholarships must be awfully low. Sure hope the Republicans keep pushing him out front, it will help keep writing jobs secure at Daily Show and Colbert.

If the economy turns around....

If My Aunt Had Balls She Would Be My Uncle....

WHEN the Economy turns around it will be because of the private sector, innovation and capitalism.

Not because of any of this garbage that was put into legislation in the past month

If the economy turns around, anyone running against Obama in 2012 will be roadkill. Gov. Jindal is clearly "not ready for prime time". Maybe if he performs a few more exorcisms...?

No I agree with you, short of a catastrophe or the economy tanking even more so, or Obama just going nuts he is a shoe in for re-election. But I think Jindal is his biggest threat at the moment if you could find one.

One thing is for sure, the Republicans need someone young and charismatic, being a minority on some kind will help a great deal and they just don't have that many reserves that fit this mold. Theres Palin but she's a joke, after the beating she took in a few months as VP good luck on a protracted 2 years of primaries and a general election. I don't think Crist is interested in running but who knows in 4-8 years, he's another potential. Maybe Boehner? (the guy doesn't look 60 does he 0o) I don't think any of the old staple Republicans have a shot in hell.

Edited by squishyx

WHEN the Economy turns around it will be because of the private sector, innovation and capitalism.

Not because of any of this garbage that was put into legislation in the past month

Way to read his whole post :rolleyes:

there should be a rule against quoting people mid sentence, it's fvcking terrible how people want to cherry pick comments for no real benefit.

Heh, not worth responding to you, old son.

No I agree with you, short of a catastrophe or the economy tanking even more so, or Obama just going nuts he is a shoe in for re-election. But I think Jindal is his biggest threat at the moment if you could find one.

One thing is for sure, the Republicans need someone young and charismatic, being a minority on some kind will help a great deal and they just don't have that many reserves that fit this mold. Theres Palin but she's a joke, after the beating she took in a few months as VP good luck on a protracted 2 years of primaries and a general election. I don't think Crist is interested in running but who knows in 4-8 years, he's another potential. Maybe Boehner? (the guy doesn't look 60 does he 0o) I don't think any of the old staple Republicans have a shot in hell.

Jindal has lots of negatives. YouTube will not be kind to him.

If the economy turns around, anyone running against Obama in 2012 will be roadkill. Gov. Jindal is clearly "not ready for prime time". Maybe if he performs a few more exorcisms...?

When we think of "not ready for primetime"..........you guys elected him.

Barry H. is clearly in over his head. A well spoken minority is not actually qualification for president.

But we have a stupid electorate.

I'm going with Jindal. Watch the media try to savage this guy, but he's got more smarts in his left ear then Barry H. has in his whole body...........you'll see. As soon as some of your blinders come off.

Barry H. is clearly in over his head. A well spoken minority is not actually qualification for president.

I'm going with Jindal. Watch the media try to savage this guy, but he's got more smarts in his left ear then Barry H. has in his whole body...........you'll see. As soon as some of your blinders come off.

How come he's not an empty suit?

I like Jindal, but you aren't being very consistent here.

LOL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.