Help me develop a rally towel

LivingThread

a multicolor towel is fine with me, but it will cost you more because it costs me more to produce.

Very true, but it would look a lot nicer.. You also wouldn't want fans just buying one color towel if you sell 3 varieties (yellow, orange, and red).. I feel like people would shy away from orange and yellow because of the Flyers and Penguins.. You definitely don't want to rush this to market, but my feeling is that fans are starting to get more and more excited about the Devils since they are doing well and anyone who knows marketing can tell you that people are more willing to spend money when they are in a positive mood state.. If you wait until next season and (g-d forbid) they have a poor start people may be less willing to buy the towel, just a thought..

Now I know that every so often the Devils fans get a wave going.. Would be pretty sweet if instead of waving their arms fans would wave their towels when the wave got to them.. :idea:

I'd like to point out that people are loving my ideas "The Torched Towel" and "The Forsaken Flag" as well as some of my other good ones.. :whistling:

You know I liked the clappers :rimshot:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jersey Devil is basically a winged horse that stands on it's hind quarters, it would be easy to make up an outline of it for the screen. Also, the colors of the generic hockey player could also be changed according to the team the Devils were playing for the playoff series at the time. Orange/Black, Red/White, ect. that would also increase sales. Another suggestion would be "The Devil's Necktie"

are we staled?

Edited by xyz2008

Hey everyone....I think its great what you are trying to do by creating a rally towel and a "ritual" for devils fans!

Here is a quick idea for a towel I came up with...what do you think? If you have any suggestions please let me know and I will make some edits.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7GSHO...feat=directlink

sorry, not sure how to embed the image!

Edited by jersey13

We all know about the Terrible towel for the Steelers. Then there is the Growl Towel for the Caorlina Panthers. I know the guy by the PATH sells some 60 minutes of Hell towels, but they are a cheap advertisement for him (and "HELL" isnt for everyone and limits sales).

I need help coming up with a great idea for our own towels. Ive been trying to think of something cool to print up (i am a screen printer on the side) and give out/sell. The key factor is no use of the Term "New Jersey Devils" - "Devils" - or anything else that will get me sued by the Devils and the NHL. There is no law saying i cant print up towels that say something similiar to the Terrible Towel since it doesnt have the Steelers trademarked name on it. There is a new ruling that a misleading use of the colors and whatever can get me in trouble but I can handle that part. Leave that to me and my lawyers :-)

Basically Ive been lokoing online at some word association sites trying to come up with something cool. Here is a list of words that would be cool to use.

Flag

Rag

Black

Red

Evil

Wicked

Nasty

Horns

Fire

Flame

Heat

Hot

And tons more. I just cant think of anything. Keep in mind i wouldnt wanna use the word "Flamer" or anything else the dumb Ranger fans can use against us.

Here is the deal. If you come up with the idea and it becomes the new slogan for the towel, I will pay you $50, give you 10 free t-shirts ($120 worth), and 10 free towels ($50 worth). Plus I might even use your name (if you want) as the creator.

The playoffs are coming and i wanna get some towels out to the fans for free. After this season ends ill prolly put some on ebay for a couple bucks.

If we come up with a few names for the towel, maybe the mod can post a poll and we can vote on it.

Anyway, thanks for thinking about it and great site.

Mike

we def can't use Flame because it will make it sound like calgary and the rangers will mock us just like someone said in this forum. Horns just doesn't go because it will be mocked as well..

i was thinking of something along the lines of : "bring the heat" - on the front and have on the back: "the nasty red and black are back!" or vice versa

we def can't use Flame because it will make it sound like calgary and the rangers will mock us just like someone said in this forum. Horns just doesn't go because it will be mocked as well..

i was thinking of something along the lines of : "bring the heat" - on the front and have on the back: "the nasty red and black are back!" or vice versa

see page 1 or 2 with the marketing guys towel.

I understand what youre saying about the word "flame" being turned into "Flames" (calg.) and "Flamer". Kind of along the lines of using the word "flag" cause it can be used as

Ranger fan douche bag: "Yeah, keep waving your stupid ___ fhag"

Another word i was thinking about is temperature. So if anyone can use that word in a cool way, go for it.

The way its going right now is it looks like this will be a 2009-2010 tradition. It doesnt mean dont keep the ideas coming, but i dont want to rush something to market that fails and i end up losing money on the project. Ive been thinking about this for a long while so an extra off season wont hurt.

I ordered some towels as a sample from a wholesale company the other day. This specific brand comes with a clip that would allow you to hook it onto your belt loop to prevent you/me from losing it. I personally like the clip, but as a previous poster said....he gets pissed when someone is swinging a towel in his face. I dont want some drunk fool swinging it by the wrong end and smacking someone else in the eye with it. I dont know if thats a "user error" kind of thing or not. If you have any input on that idea or situation, let me know.

Thanks for all the ideas.....keep them coming. I give you my word the idea that the "fans" select.....and the guy who created it wont be left behind. You guys will all get one free and me and I will make sure the guy who had the idea is happy with the partnership WE come up with. So, please, keep the ideas coming.

Thanks

Mike

I think from the hundred or so ideas you got on here, it's your turn to show us something!

Agreed.. I submitted my very best ideas already (on first page I think).. I mean I'm in no way trying to rush this process, but if rally towels don't come out soon (playoffs) then I don't really see this idea even being deeply considered by fans until September.. I don't see people being enthusiastic enough to buy a rally towel this summer.. It's a great idea, though!!

Edited by Colin226

I need advice to decide what to print. no one has even agreed is the best of the ideas submitted.

i dont want to just start printing something that maybe 4-5 people will like. can we come up with a top 5 and narrow it down from there? can we post a poll?

I was ready to go with something for next season anyway. Rushing it to production when its not the right one could end up just making it harder to get a new tradition started.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw that the devils handed out some "Jersey's Team" themed rally towels at game 1. Is that going to hinder interest in a fan produced rally towel if they figure they will be getting a free towel at the gate?

I have one of those towels from game one....with the Star Ledger and Red Cross advertising on it.....yeah ....great. Its crap. Its going to go with the rest of my free towels that hav no meaning. They arent something i would make sure i bring with me to every game.

I dont know how to make a poll. Do i need to make a new thread for the poll?

I wanted to avoid flag and rag because it ryhmes with homosexual slang. Rag of Fire = "Fhag on Fire"