LivingThread

Help me develop a rally towel

89 posts in this topic

I need advice to decide what to print. no one has even agreed is the best of the ideas submitted.

i dont want to just start printing something that maybe 4-5 people will like. can we come up with a top 5 and narrow it down from there? can we post a poll?

I was ready to go with something for next season anyway. Rushing it to production when its not the right one could end up just making it harder to get a new tradition started.

Yeah, start a poll.

poll poll poll... you're the executive here, just take all the ones you like and post something.

I saw that the devils handed out some "Jersey's Team" themed rally towels at game 1. Is that going to hinder interest in a fan produced rally towel if they figure they will be getting a free towel at the gate?

I saw that the devils handed out some "Jersey's Team" themed rally towels at game 1. Is that going to hinder interest in a fan produced rally towel if they figure they will be getting a free towel at the gate?

Since he was going for next year anyway, it won't matter (because we don't get towels at regular season games, obviously)

The rag of fire?

He wanted to avoid using the word "rag", just because... it's kinda weird. And it can get them dumb nicknams from rangers fans like "ooh keep waving your jerk rags", etc etc.

I have one of those towels from game one....with the Star Ledger and Red Cross advertising on it.....yeah ....great. Its crap. Its going to go with the rest of my free towels that hav no meaning. They arent something i would make sure i bring with me to every game.

I dont know how to make a poll. Do i need to make a new thread for the poll?

I wanted to avoid flag and rag because it ryhmes with homosexual slang. Rag of Fire = "Fhag on Fire"

I have one of those towels from game one....with the Star Ledger and Red Cross advertising on it.....yeah ....great. Its crap. Its going to go with the rest of my free towels that hav no meaning. They arent something i would make sure i bring with me to every game.

I dont know how to make a poll. Do i need to make a new thread for the poll?

I wanted to avoid flag and rag because it ryhmes with homosexual slang. Rag of Fire = "Fhag on Fire"

Well I mean I don't necessarily care if fans of other teams change our towel name to something demeaning because no matter what we do they will talk sh!t anyway (already do).. All they have to do is say, "(Insert flag name here) sucks" or "(Insert flag name here) is gay".. Anything we do will get hateful comment from fans of other teams.. I say BRING IT

Fire Flag

Brimestone Banner

The Torched Towel

The Forsaken Flag

The Rockin' Rag

The Horns n' Tail Towel

The Brutal Banner

The Red n' Black Rag

The Attack Towel

The Fire n' Ice Flag

The Inferno Flag

Rags Suck Rag

The Rally Rag

Towel of Terror

raging rag

flag of fire

Fire Starter

Rag of fire

Hopefully a summer of hanging out thinking about the Hurricanes jogged your brains into a creative mode. This is the names out of the original posts that "could" be printed. Some werent included that used satan/devil(s) cause it just wont work. If one guy came up with 90% of the ideas, it seems to me you guys arent the most creative bunch lol ....j/k.

But seriously. Is this the best we can come up with? If any of these are popping out at you like a signal ill take it to the next level. If you have any new ideas, post away.

I can have these done in time for the 16th if need be.

I really like Torched Towel and Fire Starter. A lot. Brutal Banner is pretty good too.

I still like Newark Necktie with the graphic of the hockey player being hung with it.

I really like Torched Towel and Fire Starter. A lot. Brutal Banner is pretty good too.

Agreed :whistling:

They were my ideas ;)

I still like Newark Necktie with the graphic of the hockey player being hung with it.

parents will love that

I'm a fan of alliteration for this one. It helps with name retention and recognition. Anything with "rag" or "flag" will just be too easily mocked in a derogatory fashion.

Brimstone Banner

Torched Towel

Brutal Banner

Now, going against what I just said, how about a red towel with big black devil horns on it? Then you could just throw up "The Horns".