Shanahan and Rolston

overtime98

Most any other teams would ask them to play on their top lines and asked to score 30 or more goals and lead their team........ On this team they play special teams and 3rd and 4th lines. No pressure to score alot of goals, but they can still lead in the locker room and make plays. Signs of a good TEAM and a team that rolls 4 lines. :koolaid:

ps. Shanahan played a great game last night.

Shanahan was signed as a 4th or 3rd line guy, no surprise there. And Rolston is only escaping heat because the Devils are winning, if we were battling for a playoff spot and he was producing like this people would be calling for his head.

indeed - I call for his head nightly ... and shanny wouldnt be a 1st liner on many teams :blink:

Shanahan was signed as a 4th or 3rd line guy, no surprise there. And Rolston is only escaping heat because the Devils are winning, if we were battling for a playoff spot and he was producing like this people would be calling for his head.

Keep in mind that the two months Rolston missed really put a hurting on his numbers. Also, most people have stated that a high ankle sprain takes more time to heal then is typically given. I like how Brian has been coming on over the past month. Bodes well for the playoffs if he keeps improving.

Keep in mind that the two months Rolston missed really put a hurting on his numbers. Also, most people have stated that a high ankle sprain takes more time to heal then is typically given. I like how Brian has been coming on over the past month. Bodes well for the playoffs if he keeps improving.

excellent point, high ankle sprains can linger for a very long time. Just bc a guys says he feels good does not necessarily mean his ankle is 100%. High ankle sprain is not the same as the "low" lateral ankle sprain that most people have experienced.

You are giving him the benefit of the doubt on his ankle injury, I think it's irrelevant. It doesn't even matter that he got injured he is only escaping mass persecution because the Devils are winning, I doubt the mob would be as caring or gracious if we were in 9th place, injury or not.

minus the 4 minute hi stick, thought zubrus had a great game playing with shanny. They got some time on the 4-4 together and created some good chances. I think sutter's finally found zubrus a good spot. Lets see how they play the next few games.

I didn't think it was a high stick... Jovocop hit his head on his glove by the look of it. However, the refs see differently than us. While I respect them all, they are best when I don't remember who was officiating the previous game.

You are giving him the benefit of the doubt on his ankle injury, I think it's irrelevant. It doesn't even matter that he got injured he is only escaping mass persecution because the Devils are winning, I doubt the mob would be as caring or gracious if we were in 9th place, injury or not.

First, there have been hardly any players that have ever generated any type of mob mentality while wearing the Devils sweater. Well maybe Lyle Odeline(sp?). Second, I can't ever remember Devil fans being referred to as a Mob. How many fans does it take to constitute a Mob? Do we have enough? Last point, Rolston has always been a fan fav. Even the first time around when he couldn't hit net with Bloodhound and a scope on his stick. He was on a honeymoon ride this year regardless of what he did.

First, there have been hardly any players that have ever generated any type of mob mentality while wearing the Devils sweater. Well maybe Lyle Odeline(sp?). Second, I can't ever remember Devil fans being referred to as a Mob. How many fans does it take to constitute a Mob? Do we have enough? Last point, Rolston has always been a fan fav. Even the first time around when he couldn't hit net with Bloodhound and a scope on his stick. He was on a honeymoon ride this year regardless of what he did.

:rolleyes: I can't believe you wasted more then half of your response picking at the word "mob" because I chose that to describe the majority of posters here.

That said, to address your last part, I totally disagree. Rolston imo would not have gotten a free pass if this team was struggling, he would have been the source of a ton of frustration.

Edited by squishyx

:rolleyes: I can't believe you wasted more then half of your response picking at the word "mob" because I chose that to describe the majority of posters here.

That said, to address your last part, I totally disagree. Rolston imo would not have gotten a free pass if this team was struggling, he would have been the source of a ton of frustration.

All in good fun my friend.

Anyway with the Soprano's off the air I have so few times when I can use the term Mob.