GDT: 3/14/09 - New Jersey @ Montreal. 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL U MEAN THEIR OLD ROAD JERSEY THEY R CURENTLY HOME JERSEYS THIS WAS ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY THEY WERE WEARING THEIR HOME JERSEYS BCUZ MTL WANTED OLD SKOOL JERSEYS TO WEAR

O RLY?

Great win, there was alot of moments where I really thought MTL would tie it.. But they didnt, and im happy we scored early and often (well sorta), and Langs' goal finished this one up.. Marty was a rock in goal like usual, although I thought the goal he let up initally looked pretty weak but he made up for it anyway.. Congrats on #551 Marty, and congrats to Elias for tieing J-Mac's point total. :koolaid:

Now lets kill 2 bird w/ 1 stone on Tuesday ;)

I just got in from the game. It was awesome to be there since the atmosphere is always great to begin with, but especially when all the Habs fans stood and applauded Marty. It was good of them to show some appreciation of an amazing goaltender and hometown boy. Pretty cool to see a part of history.

wow wat a great game to go to!!!!!!!

Nice! Now 7-0 this season in GDT! :koolaid:

Wow, what a game and finish of that game. Kudos to the Montreal fans for the standing ovations.

CONGRATULATIONS TO MARTIN BRODEUR AS HE TIES PATRICK ROY TONIGHT IN ALL-TIME WINS WITH #551! :koolaid::dance:

CHASING HISTORY IS NOW TIED AT #551!

ONE MORE WIN FOR BRODEUR!!! #552

Congratulations to Patrik Elias tying John MacLean at 701 points with one more point to be the all-time Devils leading scorer.

Congratulations to Brian Rolston for #300 as well.

Tuesday night is going to be something special.

LETS GO DEVILS and BRODEUR!!!

Just goes to show you how lucky we are to be fans of this team. Being a part of something like tonight is just incredible. There are tough times along the way but this franchise just seems to find it's way into these special moments. I mean look at all the milestones in this one game alone. Very proud moment tonight.

Edited by SickMan

Marty and The Devils better win tuesday and just break the record...no need to drag it out. Just do it. Chicago is good but very beatable. lets win, record broken and back to preparing and be ready for the playoffs...

Win tuesday, and celebration friday. Please.

What a great night; we get the 2 pts, Patty ties the franchise record, Rolston scores his 300th goal, Zach has 2 assists to keep him in the running for 100 pts, and oh yeah Marty gets a huge ovation after tying the all-time wins record.

*If anyone has a pair of tickets for the Hawks game I would be willing to buy before the game (for my personal use).

Edited by welcometotherock

Great game. Solid play by Marty. Typically calm. I was glued to my seat all night. Enough tension for alot of reasons to make it exciting.

Hats off to the Habs fans.

1. The post game with Marty was hilarious. (Marty referring to having pictures of Roy on his wall - well at least when he was a kid- he doesnt like him *that* much now)

2. I, um, actually felt chills go down my back seeing Marty acknowledge the crowd.

3. Holik has been playing pretty well the last few games I think.

4. Elias had his eyes closed and appeared to getting himself psyched up on the bench during the 3rd period. Haven't seen that before.

5. Is Havelid playing well? I can't seem to tell.

6. Don Cherry had some good stuff on Marty in between periods.

Can't wait for the next game!

Great game. Solid play by Marty. Typically calm. I was glued to my seat all night. Enough tension for alot of reasons to make it exciting.

Hats off to the Habs fans.

1. The post game with Marty was hilarious. (Marty referring to having pictures of Roy on his wall - well at least when he was a kid- he doesnt like him *that* much now) I missed it, hopefully MSG has it on their site.

3. Holik has been playing pretty well the last few games I think. Agreed; he seems to be playing with a peskier edge and hes not taking stupid penalties.

5. Is Havelid playing well? I can't seem to tell. Hes not doing anything wrong.. so.. hes fine

I'm of the opinion that Marty Brodeur is the superior player to Patrick Roy for one reason: he never forced his team to trade him because he had a bad game. He kept his team competitive year in and year out as the steady rock of a player he is, not forcing the Canadiens to trade him to the Avalanche because the coach left him in after a five goal first period. To me, that was the mark of a player giving up on a team because it wasn't an elite team anymore in his estimation. He got traded to a team that had an elite lineup lacking only a goalie. He retired because the Avalanche were starting to rebuild. He picked and chose his spots because he felt that was his right as an elite superstar, but I just feel that Marty's ability to FORCE any team he played on into the elite is the mark of a truly elite player.

Well were in good shape then, all Havelid has to do is get on the ice, that's the upgrade right there :koolaid:

Havelid has been pretty good defensively, and has 2 PP assists in only 4 games. Not only is he a defensive upgrade over Greene, he's also better on the PP.