GDT: 3/14/09 - New Jersey @ Montreal. 7:00 PM

SatansDevils

So far I am 6-0 in GDT this season and looking to go 7-0 tonight hopefully on a special game and night for Brodeur as he chases down history tonight. Patrick Roy will be in attendance for this game.

"Chasing History"

njd.gifNew Jersey @ Montreal mon.gif

7:00 PM ET, March 14, 2009

Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Devils-Canadiens Preview

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=290314010

The New Jersey Devils and Montreal Canadiens will square off in a key Eastern Conference battle on Saturday night, but that won't be what's on the minds of most of the Bell Centre crowd.

Instead, the stage will belong to Devils goalie Martin Brodeur.

In a twist that could barely have been scripted, Brodeur will have a chance to match Patrick Roy's all-time record for goaltending victories in his native Montreal, which is also where Roy won a pair of Stanley Cups and spent the majority of his Hall of Fame career.

"It just adds to the story. You can't ask for a better script," Brodeur said. "... It's definitely going to be a different atmosphere. I'll try to maintain my emotions and try not to be distracted by it all."

"This is going to be a bit of pressure and stuff," he added. "It should be fun. I'm happy I'll be able to live it, and live it with my family and friends."

But the four-time Vezina trophy winner has been as sharp as ever since his Feb. 26 return, starting all seven of New Jersey's games and going 6-1-0 with a 2.08 goals-against average.

Montreal (36-24-8) is also adjusting to a new leader behind its bench, after general manager Bob Gainey fired coach Guy Carbonneau on Monday and took over the job.

Gainey's debut was a successful one as the Canadiens beat Edmonton 4-3 on Tuesday, but they lost 3-2 in overtime to the New York Islanders on Thursday night -- just the NHL-worst Islanders' second road victory since Thanksgiving.

This game is self explanatory and no need to even get into what the Devils and Brodeur need to do tonight to get the win. Treat this game like it is just another game and things should fall into place for the Devils and Brodeur tonight,

Get the win Devils and get er done! :koolaid:

:evil:LETS GO DEVILS!!!! :evil:

Brodeur's 8th game back (6-1) and looking for win #551 to tie Patrick Roy, who will be in attendance.

Martin-Brodeur---Portrait-Plus-2004-Photofile-Photograph-C12188818.jpeg

h042102A.jpg

GDT: Devils Mascot.

njbind.jpg

35373364_a07bbefac5_o.jpg

Edited by SatansDevils

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fvck im going to miss the game due to work

LETS GO DEVILS

My family is taking me out for dinner for my birthday tonight, and then I have a birthday party for a friend to attend right after, so I will be relying on the 'ol DVR myself. I'm still trying to decide if I should shut off my phone and avoid the score, but I'm getting home late tonight so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet.

I too will be missing this game due to work. Hoping that maybe it's on one of the TV's in the bar, but probably not. It'll be all college basketball games most likely.

Good Luck Marty!